Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Combs19)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-13-2016, 10:33 AM Reply   
I'm looking for some input on purchasing a new top of the line 2016 surf boat. I would be using it for 70% surfing, and the rest for just cruising around tubing and very little wakeboarding. I have 2 kids under 10. The boats I've been considering are Malibu M235, Centurion Ri237, Ski Nautique G23, Pavati A24, Master Craft X23, and Tige RZX. Considering what ever boat I go with will be well equipped with options any input would be greatly appreciated before dropping $150,000+ on one of these. Thanks
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Im a fineline guy IE centurion/supreme but if you have the coin the new malibu would get my vote it's one sweet ride
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2016, 1:14 PM Reply   
Last night I got to sit in the new Supra SE Roush. It's been a long time since a new boat made me tear-up, but it made me tremble like it has my name all over it. We will have it on display at the Ford Indianapolis Boat Show starting on Friday 2-19. http://www.aquamarineofanderson.com/...=850&DispType=
Old     (Combs19)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-13-2016, 1:36 PM Reply   
I have been leaning toward the Ri237 for the focus on surfing design and value. The Malibu seams to everything very well but it's also at the top when it comes to money. I'm also new to all this and only have YouTube and a few forums to go off of.
Old     (Combs19)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-13-2016, 1:48 PM Reply   
I hadn't considered the supra SE just from the little research on it it seamed to be more focused on wakeboarding than surfing and my focus is mostly if not all on the surf wave.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2016, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combs19 View Post
I hadn't considered the supra SE just from the little research on it it seamed to be more focused on wakeboarding than surfing and my focus is mostly if not all on the surf wave.
My heart throb for the Roush Edition SE was mostly based on how unique it is. Only 25 built and very custom. As far as surf, The 2015 Supra Wakesurf Pro Tour used the 2015 SE with great success.

The 2016 Supra Pro Wakesurf Tour, however, will be using the Supra SA which is an all new boat for 2016, including new hull with new surf system. The rear surfboard storage is the bomb! It is the biggest wave I have ever been on. Just from a personal taste standpoint, I like the size of the new SA over the SE.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-16-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
You've named a lot of great boats, but most are literally new models with very few out and very little time spent running through their issues. Like a new model year car, but with boat industry investment in engineering. With that said, I have been on the water on pretty much all these, except the Pavati. I like them, I like the concept, except every time I look at them all I can think about is all those sharp angles are not ergonomic and I know I for one would be be banging myself into them.

For wakesurfing and overall boating use I would rank the top 3 as follows: Just my opinion, not trying to start a brand war, I have no skin in this game....

Tige RZX (the Tige gets the vote over the G23 for maneuverability, form of the wave, and ease of use)
Nautique G23 (Really nice stitching......., bit of a beast with a poor turning radius, wave is strong with good lift/push, but has a very broken lip and poorer overall form than some of the others listed)
Malibu M235 (Hard to comment on this boat, it has been through a great deal of changes during development and launch, but in the end it is a very solid big boat with a very good wave and well designed and aesthetic finishes, I was impressed, and that got it in the top 3)

The most important thing you can do is find a dealer or two in your area you feel good about. Your boat is going to need service, some more than others......
Go out a test drive as many as you can, get a feel for the dealer and their employees. Believe it or not, who they send you out on the boat with is very important. You will either get someone knowledgeable or you will get a bunch of bs.

Nick
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-16-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Holy cow talk about first world problems... You are a lucky man
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-16-2016, 11:32 AM Reply   
M235 hands down
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-16-2016, 2:45 PM Reply   
That RI237 is awesome.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-16-2016, 4:34 PM Reply   
I'm going to take a different track. What kind of boat are you coming from? What dealership is closest to you. Demo demo demo.
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-16-2016, 5:59 PM Reply   
I have found that the G23 has the best tube wake out there.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-16-2016, 6:46 PM Reply   
Doc..you are stirring it up across all forums these days..well done..hehe
Old     (DocPhil)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-16-2016, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeWise View Post
Doc..you are stirring it up across all forums these days..well done..hehe
" 70% surfing, and the rest for just cruising around tubing and very little wakeboarding"

I couldn't resist. He walked into that one
Old     (Combs19)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-16-2016, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
I have found that the G23 has the best tube wake out there.
Well I hope the Ri237 that I ordered will hold up to the G23's amazing tube wake!