Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                10-06-2004, 11:20 PM Reply   

I shot this footage of my friend a few weeks ago at Lake Nacimiento....while sitting in a tube 10 feet in front of him. Anybody else ever tried this? I had the idea for awhile, just had to get up the nerve (and the beers) to try this little stunt. Since it was so bouncy in the tube and I was fighting to hold onto my expensive camcorder, we had to go a little too slow for him to pull off any cool tricks, but the footage is still pretty cool. My wife was supposed to tape me next since I can jump higher and take it w2w, but the ride was too sketchy for me to want her to risk it. As it was, I had to lean forwards whenever we were starting and throw myself back a bit whenever we stopped to keep from getting pitched into the water...plus I held on with one hand while facing backwards, in order to tape. I had a ziplock bag over the camcorder as a sort of half-hearted attempt to keep the water out...wish we had an old junky camcorder to bring along for stupid stunts like this.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=12256
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-07-2004, 12:53 AM Reply   
That's why you need an inexpensive waterproof housing, like the Epic Cam ( http://www.epiccam.com/ ) or Ewa-Marine. Use a wide-angle lens and get closer to the rider for better shots. But you're right, it's a lot of fun and adds a different perspective than shooting from the boat.

Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2004, 12:55 AM Reply   
You need to check out this site before you do something like that again.
www.epiccam.com