Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brentlamb6708)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-27-2014, 5:53 PM Reply   
Me and my wife are looking at purchasing a boat next winter. I would like to get some opinions on which route is the better OVERALL deal. We have a budget of 65K. Our main things we are looking for are: Roomy cabin, atleast in the 22' size, mostly surfing but would like to grow our wake boarding ability. Were not pros so a world class wake is not needed. She loves the pickle fork's for the roomy bow but im just not convinced it is that big of a diffrence. My main concern is going with a used boat i dont exactly know how it was treated, but if we buy new i know exactly how its taken care of. We want a boat that when we put it in the water, we start up and go and dont worry if its going to give us any trouble. The price diffrence between new and used doesnt seem to be that much diffrence. Ex a 2012 mojo 2.5 56,000 or a new 2014 i can get for 62,000. Is 6k worth spending to know how it was used from day one? I know every one cares for their boats diffrently, some used boats are in the same condition as a new boat, so what kind of hours can i expect to get out of a boat be for ill be spending any major repair bill 500+? Whats some boat suggetions for us?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       01-27-2014, 6:27 PM Reply   
Fully loaded '14 Axis A22 would be right in your price range IMO. Im sure you could get into a Moomba, or MB too for a similar price, but SG and the wakeboard wake ability, simple, and easy to use were all deciding factors for me going new on my Axis.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-27-2014, 6:39 PM Reply   
A boat can be trouble free for 1000hrs or 2hrs you never know. A new one is the same. You never know. Used boats usually show how they've been treated if you look close and lake test.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-27-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
MIKEnNC went with a new MXZ22. He bought it. Now he has a new MXZ22. New.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-28-2014, 4:30 AM Reply   
I think it comes down to the deal on the boat. You might find a used gem that has been cared for since day one and it would make a great boat while saving some coin. But ordering a boat is something else totally. Our Moomba Mondo will be our 6th boat, but our first ordered boat. Three have been used and took about 6 months to find a deal and color. The other two were leftovers. As I have always said, you will know it's the right boat when you know, don't settle.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-28-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
If you have budgeted 65K. Then sit down with your dealer and order the boat exactly how you want. NOTHING is better. I think the MOJO is a great choice and I really like the simple design of the surf system. Saving 6K on a used boat is not enough.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-28-2014, 5:36 AM Reply   
Also consider how you're paying for it. You may have more/better financing options on new.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-28-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
MIKEnNC went with a new MXZ22. He bought it. Now he has a new MXZ22. New.
JetRanger, i think its time for you to get a new life as you contibute nothing to Wakeworld. Your part of the reason that this site has taken a downward turn. To be honest what you say isnt funny at all or cute. It easy to hide behind a computer screen and say stupid ****. Any thread that I see with your name in it I automatically leave.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-28-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
Here's a leftover 13 close to you
http://www.atlantamarine.com/new_veh...11&pov=3485715
Old     (brentlamb6708)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-28-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
Patrick I was actually going to demo that boat this past weekend but it was a little chili for the wife to want to get on the water, plus were not purchasing till next winter so we have all summer to demo.

Chris that's my opinion on buying new. if its under 8k difference its not worth the peace of mind. Now 10-15 I would look at used. I found a new MXZ22 for 63k its been sitting since 2012 if I was buying this winter I would pull the trigger on it.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-29-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Brent, Head over the the Moomba forum there are a few guys from ATL that have a Mojo that would take you out without the salesman pressure. Drew over there has a 2012 and will be getting tte flow put on it. That 2012 Malibu might be sitting since they can't add the surf system, might be something to think about.
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-08-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
I've got a 2012 Malibu Wakesetter VLX with 97 hours. Like new condition loaded heavy with options and still under factory warranty. Black top and bottom with vapor blue in the middle. $69,000. I can send pics if you're interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk