Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2011, 3:53 AM Reply   
215lb male rider, 115lb female rider, just getting into surfing, not wanting to be "pro" just ride the pocket and mess around.

boat: Mobius LSV 500lb locker, and 1k lbs in back corner (pretty decent wake)

had a old Liquid Force SkimSkate 5'0, i was a bit too heavy to get it in pocket

1. CWB BlackJack 56 $360

Length: 142.24 cm (56 in)
Mid Width: 20.5 in (52.07 cm)
Rocker: 2.25 in (5.71 cm)
Rocker Type: Continuous
Skill Level: Advanced
Weight: 5.6 lbs (2.5 kg)
Construction: Hand wrapped surf board construction
Fin Configuration: Three fiberglass fins on the tail and one on the nose
Rider Weight: 170 lbs (77 kg) and up

2. Ronix Cortez 5'4 $330

Length: 162.56 cm (64 in)
Mid Width: 21.6 in (54.86 cm)
Rocker: 3.5 in (8.89 cm)
Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Construction: Compression molded foam core
Fin Configuration: Three surf fins on the tail
Rider Weight: One size fits all

3. CWB Tsunami 57 $340

Length: 144.78 cm (57 in)
Mid Width: 20.8 in (52.83 cm)
Rocker: 1.5 in (3.81 cm)
Rocker Type: Continuous
Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Weight: 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)
Construction: Compression molded
Fin Configuration: Three fiberglass fins on the tail and one on the nose
Rider Weight: One size fits all

Last edited by mmobius2001; 07-24-2011 at 3:57 AM.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-24-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
DO NOT get the Ronix Cortez. Worst surfboard ever. It pearls (nose dives) very bad unless you constantly have weight on the backfoot. I had this board and a friend's LF Venture 5'6" in my boat at the same time. We were trying to teach 3 people that day and tried the Cortez first with all 3. They all got up easy enough but as the wake took shape and they got into the pocket the Cortez would instantly nose dive. Gave the same people the Venture 5'6" and they had no problems and let go of the rope first day. My friend has the Cortez and is 210lbs but he likes it behind his SAN220
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-24-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
look for used wakesurf co. boards, stay away from wakeboard companies. They make poor surf boards. Inland surfer, xxx, shred stixx etc etc , make great boards, look used if you want a price point, the blue land, yellow lugie, red woody, swallow, mucus are a few that will work great. look at phase 5 oogle, trident, etc there are so many great boards that will fit a wide range of peeps. Hope this helps
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2011, 3:09 PM Reply   
i bought it today.

so i was almost sold on the tsunami because i liked the versitility of being about to have it "locked in" for beginners and take out the center spins etc for more advanced riding. I also liked how durbable it was. BUT i read that honestly anyone over 185lbs will be dumbing the nose and thats what i was doing to my liquid force board.

the ronix was out because it wasnt that durbale (looking for something just for mostly beginners and only doing when the water is rough)

the Blackjack looked awesome but it said 175lbs and up, and i was worried it would be too "advanced" at 1st to ride just in the pocket of a smaller wake

so i decided to go with the Razr by CWB its made for larger people and has the real surfboard construction but also has the rubber tip and all that to make it durable, its more intermediate board, and can still remove the center to spin it if needed.

it cost me $316 after a 5% off coupon and it was tax free w/ free shipping.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-26-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
I've ridden the blackjack, tsunami and Razr - I think you made the right call among those options
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       07-26-2011, 6:19 PM Reply   
ShredStixx Hazen Custiom is next. I give you 30 days until you place the order.