Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2008, 6:00 AM Reply   
I was just wondering if anyone has ever attended the Master's at Pine Mountain, Georgia? If so, how was the event and atmosphere. Some friends and I are thinking of attending and renting some cabins.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
I have been several years. It has a nice family atmosphere, but IMO it is more of a waterski competition that has wakeboarding than a wakeboard comp. The lake doesn't have any sliders, but Parks went off the ski jump one year getting DQ'd in the process. It is a great place to meet some pros. You'll see them at the venue swimming around before their heats, signing autographs and you'll even see them in town. We sat next to Harf and Rusty at Subway one year a few hours before they went head to head in the finals. They were all pretty pumped to talk to us.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-06-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
It is a big skiers venue, I think that that may be changing in the coming years. Alot of the skiers show complete disrespect for wakeboarding.But it is a fun event and the pomp and circumstance that they surround themselves with is comical. The sponsors show up in a big way as do the riders as it is an honor to be invited to Masters.
Callaway Gardens is awesome and a great family vacation for sure. If you can, bring your bikes. And don't forget that the qualifiers is the week prior!!
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-06-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
So Robyn are you telling me to hang out in the beer garden until the skiing is over?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-06-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Doug, that's were I always know where to find you
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-06-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Hey Duuuuug, nah, unless it is the jumping, we don't even show up until after the skiers are done. Besides, when have you ever needed a beer garden?? LOL!!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
We went last year to support all the FL riders! We had a good time but this event is all family and little party.