Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
I am getting ready to put in a ballast system in my boat and remember my last boat that I used the Simer pumps in. I had a problem reversing the pumps after they had sat for a while. I know Jabsco fixed this problem with the yellow impeller, but I don't know if Simer had adressed it.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so what did you do to fix it?

I know last time I wired my switch directly to the pump therefore not much amperage was able to flow. I figured this time I would use relays to allow more amps, but I'm not sure if that will fix the problem or not.

Also, if you have used relays for these pumps do you have a wiring diagram for the realys? I figure I'll have to use 2 per pump, but I can't quite get the wiring figured out in my head.

Thanks
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-23-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
or you could just use a smaller gauge wire
I think the yellow imellers would work in the simers as well

I had a similar problem but it turns out my pumps were getting wet, these pumps do not like water and will seize if the get wet, my rear pump you had to knock on the side of it to get it to run. I have since moved them under my dash it is a little louder but works and they don't get wet
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
really they were getting wet??? Aren't we pumping water through them purposefully? What do you mean by they can't get wet? If thats the case, that is a good observation and I'll be careful in the installation location. Thanks
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-23-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
Try using 12 ga wire. smaller gage wire will not allow enough current to flow.

Uj
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-24-2009, 4:34 AM Reply   
Try this link. Look at the relay diagram towards the end that uses two relays posted by Dane. That will work if I remember correctly. I just wired 6 relays last year for my three pumps cause I was worried about the drop in current. I had originally had them wired directly to the switches but had a switch burn up when one of the pumps got stuck.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/82231.html
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-26-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
it was not much water, but I had them installed under the floor and im guessing the water that was in the bilge was splashing around and causing it to have humid and moist conditions and eventually causing the pump engines to seize it took a season but it happened and I moved them and now no more moister problems.

doesn't wire get larger with smaller size ga. I mean isn't 10 ga. lager than 12ga.?