Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-05-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
I'm looking at trying out a used d3 custom but don't know if my bindings will fit. I have 05 Connelly vision bindings. The ski currently has an obrien front and ho rear. Anybody know if Connelly bindings will fit the D3's?

Thanks
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-05-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Depends on if the D3 Custom has an HO hole pattern, if not you can switch plates on your bindings.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Most D3 uses the Connelly/KD hole pattern. It should fit easily
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Well, the bindings line up nicely except one insert is missing. What's the protocol with replacing an insert or drilling a new hole?
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-17-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
Well, got a new insert put in and got my first run on it this morning. Didn't set a personal best but the ski is fast, really fast. It has a much more abrupt turn than my connelly that will take some getting used to. It also seems to chatter, (for lack of a better word) in the turn because I think it is so much lighter than what I'm used to. All in all I think it could work for me, it seems to carry speed really well once I get on my inside edge and I was getting a little wider at 1,3,5 (well, didn't make it to 5 but you get the point).
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-17-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
That "chatter" is probably you taking your body into the turn early and before the ski. With that abrupt turn, you may be anticipating it and throwing your body to get ready for it. Just turn the ski completely, let it come around, instead of driving your body into the buoy. Glad you like it, I've been thinking of trying one.