Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (wireman)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
I'm looking at buying an X2. Has anyone slalom skied behind one. If so, how was the wake? I know it won't be like my direct drive, but I'm curious what people think of it.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-26-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
It kicks butt. You should test drive one
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-27-2007, 5:12 AM Reply   
Eh, not a slalom boat. I got my first ride behind an X2 this past weekend and as a wake boat, awesome, one of the best rides I've ever had. Slalom, not so much. We even had weight in the bow with the rest of ballast empty and it still had a big wake at 32mph. Just couldn't get it to flatten out. In all honesty, I think the slalom wake of my friends Wakesetter 23LSV was better than the X2 slalom wake and that boat is freaking huge!
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
I ran the course once behind my x-star. it was a tank.
Old     (wireman)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
I skied behind a 21' Lsv and really liked the wake or better put lack of wake. But I hate what Malibu did with their 07' boats, and I can't find an 06' that I like. Otherwise I would go with Malibu.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
JP what's wrong with the '07 Malibus? I really like my '03 and would definitely consider another one.
Old     (wireman)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
I don't like the new windshields they are using and they made them wider and deeper than the older ones. I'm not saying they are not a good boat I just don't like the way they look anymore.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
I'm not sure why you care what the wake is like when you can only ski on doubles.
Old     (wireman)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
Yea, but I hate when the rope that ties my two skies together hits the wake. It throws me off balance.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-29-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
I use to run the course behind mine all the time. It wasn't quite as nice as my 205DD, but it did fine. 15@34 had a little bump, but once you are running 36, its fine.
Keep in mind, that is only with a driver and passenger in the boat. I am sure it really starts to suck once you get a boat load.

(Message edited by psudy on October 29, 2007)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-02-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
I ran within 2 bouys of my PB on my 4th pass. Not bad, but not great. Much better at 28 off and below.
Old     (wireman)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-14-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey guy's thanks for all the info, but I decided to stay with my direct drive. I wasn't really happy with the salesman I was dealing with. I have alot of friends that own malibu's and I think they are nice boats. So when I ask a dealer how his boats compare to a malibu I don't want to hear "They don't compare because mastercraft's are the best". With that said I do agree mastercraft is one of the best,but not 10k to 15k better than a comparable malibu. I love my direct drive, but the wife was wanting more room, so if the salesman and I would have seen eye to eye I would now have a boat payment.Lucky me no payment. Anyway, thanks again your input was very helpful.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-17-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
So it really comes down to I can't afford a MC. That's cool.