Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-07-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy new bindings for my 2013 byerly ar-1. I wanted to get some opinion on the 2 bindings that I have narrowed to.

-Hyperlite 2015 Marek (Blue/Red) Wakeboard Boots with Byerly 2015 The System Wakeboard Bindings
-2015 ronix frank boots

I am only riding behind the boat, no cable. I have been using 2011 liquid force vantage OT bindings and feel that it is time to upgrade. I'm open to any other options to
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-07-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
Get the Frank boots.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-07-2014, 3:51 PM Reply   
The boots you are narrowed down to are opposite ends of the spectrum. If you want stiff, responsive, and supportive go with the Marek, (I'd suggest them for boat), but if you like a really playful and flexible binding the franks are really good too. You'll just lose a little response and support but gain a little comfort and mobility. Boots are always a give and take. Depends on your riding style. If you love to boost go Marek. If you're a wake to wake guy go with the frank. I personally would suggest a flexible boot with the systems like the webb. It kind of gives you both. The binding is stiff heel to toe giving you a really responsive setup but the low cuff webb boot allows a lot of nose to tail movement for tweaking things out. They're all good though.
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-07-2014, 7:47 PM Reply   
Ya I'm kinda thinking that I'm liking the marek more than the ronix. But does anyone know what colour the bottom of the marek boot is because in this picture it is red
But in this picture it is orange
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-09-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
ecore -

the soles of the boots are red, that second picture is just weird lighting.

And I would agree with CRS-mi's statement to some extent, if you are looking for a supportive, responsive combo then definitely check out the Marek/system set up. I've been riding them for 3 years and wouldn't trade them for anything.

I personally think that a board will help cater to your riding style more so than your boots. If you like to go big in the flats or wake to wake, you can accomplish either one with the same boots, same goes for a board as well, but you might find it a little bit easier to launch into the flats on one board vs another, etc.

I would not pass up the Mareks if you like to go wake to wake more often, they are great for all kinds of riding. It really comes down to the kind of support and flexibility you want in a binding.

The thing I love most about the systems is how responsive they are and that they don't lose support or response even after riding the crap out of them, just click the straps down an extra notch or two, and you are good to go.

All in all, I'd suggest trying some on and see which ones you like the feel of for yourself.