Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
They come with the B52's, just curious
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
I know about DHM trailers. Thats what my Nautique came with
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
maybe that is it? I just got off the phone with MB Sports and I thought they said VHM maybe it was DHM. Any pros or cons to the Trailer
Old    yellowdog            01-27-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
I have a DHM under my MB and really like the trailer. The only down side that I have found is that DHM welds the brake actuator to the tongue of the trailer. Last year I had to replace the master cylinder and it was a little difficult because I couldn't take the actuator off. However, it wasn't difficult enough to warrant not buy this trailer.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
what B52
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
I have a DHM and find both the trailer and DHM's service are poor.

Just my experiance, had an axle smoke at 600miles. Turned out that it was not packed with marine grease and the seals were leaking... I am now pretty good at inspecting and repacking trailer axles.

I also had a tire blow out/up at about 1 year
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-27-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have a DHM trailer under my B52 and have not a problem with it at all.
Old    yellowdog            01-27-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
When my master cylinder for the surge brakes went out DHM went out of their way to help me get it fixed. When two different brake shops told me it would cost around $500, DHM explained by phone how to do it myself and also sent the directions with the needed parts. I ended up fixing it myself in about an hour and the part cost around $65. By the way, the actuator is not even made by DHM.
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
DHM trailers, I give my DHM a 7 in a 1-10 chart I had some Small problems with my trailer and so did my friend. The lights we all wired wrong I don't know how other Manafacture's wire there lights but the way DHM did my trailer and my friend's it was a JOKE. All the conections were bound to break or fail down the road, That was a easy fix. The Carpet bunks seems to be wearing Very fast! I noticed that the inner most portion of the carpeted bunk is wearing faster than the outer section of the bunk I think the angle of the bunks is wrong and that's what is causing the un due wear. I need to replace the carpet this year it's 1 year old. That sucks. Im going to re adjust the angle of the carpeted bunk with washers/spacers so it doesn't wear on thet section and the bunk will sit flatter. There is a few other things but Foo-get-about-it!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
Sounds like the same guy that wired my trailed did Grant's too. There is some shoddy connections there. I have all ready redone some of it and will continue to replace it as needed.