Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-26-2015, 2:47 PM Reply   
I was at the Vancouver Show and thought I would post some of the prices:

G25 $ 175.505
G23 $ 155.722
G21 $ 140,053
210 $ 115,331
A22 $ 80,648
22MXZ $ 135,688
R22 $ 105,770
ASR $ 151,664
NXT $ 89,995
XStar $ 188,670
X23 $ 186,072
MB B52 23' $ 89,900

Now I know there are many different options to be had with any boat but my two biggest take away's besides the prices (thanks to our dollar) was the costs of the Mastercrafts especially the NXT which was pretty much loaded. I'd rather have a A22 or a MB over the NXT anyday. The other being if I had a choice I'd still take a G21-25 over and new Xstar or X23. I was really surprised at how much carpet Mastercraft still uses everywhere. I'd rather have the sea dek flooring instead.

New boatmate trailers coming with a LineX type rockguard on the whole trailer was a nice touch as well.

All in all they are all beautiful boats and I would take anyone of them if you gave it to me.

Lastly I thought it was funny to note that one rep at Mastercraft which was from the US factory said 2400 boats were built last year and just over 200 of them went to the Edmonton, Alberta dealer making it the largest dealer Mastercraft has. All the oil boys with their money to blow because if you have ever been to Alberta you would know it's not because of the sunny weather.lol.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-26-2015, 3:37 PM Reply   
That area is the largest tow boat market in north america and has been for years. Just about every manufacturers #1 dealer in the world is in that area.
Old     (Becks62)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-26-2015, 4:23 PM Reply   
Curious how many boats will sell this year in Alberta with oil being so low and layoffs happening ?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-26-2015, 4:42 PM Reply   
Thats was a major topic with all the reps at our show. Could have a major effect.
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       01-26-2015, 5:40 PM Reply   
The brutal part of being in Oil Country is the dealers are pretentious and can't be bothered to help you unless you're over financing yourself on a new boat. I swear the Nautique/Malibu dealer at the show in Edmonton was straining to not just whip out a bank statement and show me his balance. All he could talk about was money. His new shop, value of his inventory, etc etc. Came across as a prototypical "sales guy".

When I head to the MasterCraft people in town, they can't help me. I've literally been invited behind the counter to find the parts myself on the Indmar site as the parts guys are foreign to my 5.7L 350 in my '99 XStar. Must have something to do with the parts staff being toddlers when my boat came out. I know they get good reviews from people who buy new boats, but good god at $190K for a new XStar they damn well better treat you right.

Too many white sunglasses, tank top, frosted tip lifted trucks pull up every day for them to bother with forming relationship with people who need parts, they don't need the business.

I buy 100% of my parts and gear online from the States.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-26-2015, 6:42 PM Reply   
Sounds like our local Malibu dealer. Don't pull up in a luxury sedan, don't expect to get the time of day.
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-27-2015, 10:29 AM Reply   
Wholly Crap......

I think I will keep my 2012 and buy my self a slightly used Aston Martin DB9... the differential will cover it.... not really going to do that, but it puts it into perspective.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-28-2015, 8:27 AM Reply   
And i Bet Dave those prices are all with out a trailer! its unreal how much a boat cost... and thats not even including a truck to take it to the lake....
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-28-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
See cost effective rides! Just as much enjoyment.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-30-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
That Mastercraft pricing is not discounted and MSRP. Prices in Toronto were much less! an X-23 is about $15-20k less than a Nautique G23

NXT $ 89,995
XStar $ 188,670
X23 $ 186,072
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-31-2015, 8:43 AM Reply   
Sick of these threads and these dumb ass prices! Not trying to offend any one but 150k for boat is going full retard. Unless you're in the top 1% in the nation in income then right on.
Attached Images

Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-31-2015, 10:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Sick of these threads and these dumb ass prices! Not trying to offend any one but 150k for boat is going full retard. Unless you're in the top 1% in the nation in income then right on.
I have to agree that prices are getting crazy. What i really dont understand is how many get sold to people who rarely if ever use them. At one lake i go to pretty frequently there are a few $100k+ boats that i have never once seen on the water. They just sit there in front of their campsites all summer long. There are a few others that the few times i've seen them out, they do nothing but pull a tube for a bit and then sit and listen to music. I just don't get it.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-01-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
Those boats probably belong to the rich people to busy to use them, or they bought them for the status symbol.

We have about 8 G23s on our lake and in 3 years have not seen a single ONE pull a Wakeboarder. Not even one.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-01-2015, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Sounds like our local Malibu dealer. Don't pull up in a luxury sedan, don't expect to get the time of day.
Still have that sour taste about the malibu dealer I see... I was treated fine rolling up in our econo car. I even bought a malibu (used) boat from a competing dealer and still receive fair treatment from them when I inquire about something.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-01-2015, 10:16 AM Reply   
Yeah Bryce still have it. Glad you get solid service from them. Wasn't just a one time experience for me, rather multiple times over the last 10-15 years. Have talked to plenty of others with similar stories. But glad it worked out for you, they sell a lot of boats so someone buys there!! There service department is very good, IMO.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-01-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Those boats probably belong to the rich people to busy to use them, or they bought them for the status symbol.

We have about 8 G23s on our lake and in 3 years have not seen a single ONE pull a Wakeboarder. Not even one.
Very doubtful that they're "rich" people. In my neck of the woods its more likely young oilfield guys who make a good living but are financed to the nuts on everything they have. I know quite a few people like that. I agree its most likely just a status symbol, but i still don't get it.

And alot of these people are at the lake all the time, they just never take the boat out.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       02-02-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
Oilfield guys make a lot of $?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-02-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
While "oilfield" guys make decent money, most don't have 2-5 million dollar homes on the lake with a brand new G23 or G25 on the lift every year. The G's we see on our lake belong to wealthy guys for the most part. I happen to know a couple and they are nice guys, but these boats are not bought for wakeboarding, I can tell you that.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-02-2015, 12:29 PM Reply   
Are guys who own oilfield companies still oilfield guys?

Last year I was really close to pulling the trigger on a boat. When i evaluate what I need in a boat vs. what is available as options it becomes tricky for me. For example, I don't hardly ever surf , but is it a good idea to order a boat without surfgate?

With prices the way they are I am squarely in the used market, which is fine as all the things I want are available on 5 year old boats.

Congrats to boat builders for convincing people that these units are status symbols. It like a guy who wants to race Ferrari's at the track being mad because people buy them as status symbols and never shift higher than 3rd gear.

(also, I suck at wakeboarding