Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-26-2012, 9:42 PM Reply   
Has anyone oreder op bags lately? From POP PRODUCTS? I made and paid for an order a while ago, and emailed the guy, but no response.... How big is each 40lb bag?
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-27-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
I ordered a set of bags from them 3 or 4 months ago and had some issues with them. I wont go into all of the details but it was a pretty big hassle and took a long time for me to get my bags. I did eventually get them though and he ended up giving me a little bit of a discount for my trouble so it wasn't all bad but I wouldn't order from them again.

The biggest thing that isn't clear from their website is that even though the price says Delivered in big bold letters that doesn't mean they will ship them to your house. You will have to find a business that has a forklift to accept freight and will receive them for you. I ended up driving about an hour to a shipping company to get mine.

He seemed to respond a little better to phone calls so you might trying calling the number on the website.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-28-2012, 4:42 AM Reply   
for those interested, I recently had a pleasant experience ordering 500lbs of lead from jared@leadwake.com Everything was delivered to my door in USPS flatrate boxes a week after placing the order.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-28-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
Don't forget to try BombWake.com their bags are 50lbs each and extremely durable. Buddy leaves his in the back of his truck in the Arizona heat (doesn't wanna trailer with them in the boat) for over a year now and no rips or what not.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have some old Popbags and a few Leadwake bags. The Leadwake bags are much better quality, heavier, smaller and Jarod is easy to work with.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-30-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
I have one pop bag left over but I am not at home so I can't measure for you. It is about the size of a plastic grocery bag filled with steel. X2 with Lead-wake. Jared is awesome to work with and his bags are so legit. Lead sealed in thick plastic, thick canvas with padding on the bottom, and a thick handle on the broad side. If you can, get your money back and buy lead wake. sorry to hear about your problems with pop products, I live within an hour of his shop and picked them up about 5 years ago when I bought mine, had no problems but never met the owner, just a friend or coworker who helped me load them.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
Jarred of LeadWake has a great product! About $1 per pound delivered! leadwake@yahoo.com