Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
I just came back from one of the best times I have had at a wakeboard camp ever. I spent a week at the boarding school with Shaun and Travis. They are the best in my book on coaching. Now me being the only girl there this past week was kind of funny. I try to keep up with the boys. When in reality I can’t. They made me feel like I was at home and could do anything just had to put my mind to it. The way they said you don’t have to bring anything down but your tooth brush and your swim suite is totally right. It was like staying at a 5 star hotel. Not a place that is ran by guys. The way things were set up and all you had to do was ask if you wanted any special food. It was out of this world for me. I was so nervous and was disappointed in my riding this past year. I was like ok how am I going to do this when I was there. First day was riding the size board that I was used too a 134. Then we all played on the Roam board and I feel in love with it and moved up to a 144. I love the way the 144 feels. I took there suggestion and went with it. I know this next year I will be so happy with my riding and try to push my self with what I have learned from these great guys. I want to go back again soon so bad it’s unreal. Plus I all ready miss roxy and bocce since my dogs passed away. An they made me feel right at home. I know I will be telling everyone to go there.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-19-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
glad you had an awesome time there. I did as well and will certainly be heading back again.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-19-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Glad you had a great time. I was there the week before you with wakeridersaz and I can't say enough good things about Travis and Shaun. They are first class down to earth guys all the way. In my opinion, if you are looking to go to a camp The Boarding School is the only place to go.

wakeridersaz - I am working on getting your stuff shipped this week. I am waiting for Aaron to go to the shop so he can ring it up for the triple OG STL hook-up price.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-19-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
sic. make it happen. have him call me for some green backs. you guys need to make it out here to this 90 degree weather and some riding. :-)
Old     (newchicago)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-19-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
Where are they located? The website doesn't seem to say...
Also, would this be a good setup for my 13 year old daughter and myself. We are both pretty new to the sport. She is just starting to get a little air and I am just barely able to go W2W.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-19-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
St. Cloud, Florida, about 30 miles southwest of Orlando. Shoot Travis an email at travis@theboardingschool.com and he can provide you with any and all details.

Believe me, they will be as stoked to help you out if you are just learning to ride, do surface spins, one wake jumps, etc. or if you are stomping toeside 900s of the wake.
Old    wiz            03-19-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
OH SNAP!!! A JOHNNY P SIGHTING! wuzzup? i wish i could've been there with you. tell aaron i said hey.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-19-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
What up WIZ? We missed you and JHILL this year man. Give me a shout sometime. Heading back in October for few days if you're interested.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-19-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
I totally agree with you, they are stoked regardless of your ability. Everyone is there to improove and have a good time doing it.

I was there at the same time as an aspiring pro.. I got my riding time, learn a whole can full of tricks I never knew and built ad great foundation to build on this season. Plus I got to see some of the best riding everyday!!

I will definetly be a student that will return in the near future!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
Wiz, I need you more than ever. Some Jackhole doored my truck in the Target parking lot and left me a big old ding.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We have definitley had a good time with all you. Glad to know you guys are having as much fun as we are.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-20-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
I'm heading down two months from today, and am really looking forward to it. I'm driving down from Virginia, checking out the Pro Tour stop in Georgia on the way, then hanging out with Travis for a few days at TBS, then going to the Masters. I always come away from The Boarding School feeling like I have accomplished something. I agree with what other people have said here. If you're thinking about heading down, do it.

Now, if Travis would just ditch that X-Star for a Nautique....
Old    wiz            03-21-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
travis, hmmm....maybe we can work something out? just kidding. sorry about the ding! people are jerks. i'd love to get back down there soon. johnny p- maybe we can hook up in october.

(Message edited by wake eater on March 21, 2007)
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-21-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Hey Allie!
I'm glad you got there and back ok, I was a little worried about you, guess it's a "mom" thing!
Great to hear that you had a good time, I'll talk to you soon
Lauri
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-23-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
i just laughed at travis