Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-05-2019, 12:15 PM Reply   
I saw one on the water the other day, looks like a rad boat. How is the wake and wave. I feel it cant be a great set up as they only had this model for 2015 maybe 2014. The ASR was a short run, just wondering why.. Thanks WW crew
Old    Zackdogg            08-05-2019, 1:27 PM Reply   
I worked on the release for it, went to the demo day at the release, and almost bought one.. ended up getting the RZX, which is what the ASR turned in to..

Apparently it’s pretty sick for wakeboarding, but the wave is terrible for surfing, which I think lead to its demise. They revamped the surf system and changed the bottom of the hull, so it would create a surf wave.. I think there are some shops that will do a hull retrofit to change the bottom corners, to make it more RZX like, and you can add a taps system.. so it’s doable, but not sure what all that costs, compared to buying a RZX..
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-06-2019, 3:15 AM Reply   
For a surf wave, I would not consider an ASR unless it had the hull mod and either TAPS-3 or GSA.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-06-2019, 4:47 AM Reply   
thought surf was the reason to buy a Tige?

Last edited by denverd1; 08-06-2019 at 4:52 AM.