Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-16-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Anyone know if there are any other options for the mirror/video mount as seen here - http://wakevideo.com/accessories.php. About to start my winter project, and looking for a good way to mount a small monitor. This is a cool idea, but a little expensive to hold a $80 monitor. I don’t need it to be carbon fiber.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-16-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
I found myself a real nice suction cup made to hold a camera but mounted my 7 inch HDMI monitor to it and stick it on the inside of the windsheild but to the right so I can still see in front of me.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-18-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
I found myself a real nice suction cup made to hold a camera but mounted my 7 inch HDMI monitor to it and stick it on the inside of the windsheild but to the right so I can still see in front of me.
Didn't think about using a suction cup. I think I like that option.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-18-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
If you want a link, let me know.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-19-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
I'm surprised Grant hasn't chimed in since you used his link...
Sweet idea with the mirror/monitor combo.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-19-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
If you want a link, let me know.
If you could, I would appreciate. I found a bunch online, but helps to know that one in particular works well.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Wakevideo is no longer producing that piece as far as I know. Brian, I can get you the info when I get home from work this afternoon.
Old     (asdfgboy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-20-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wakevideo is no longer producing that piece as far as I know.
where did you get that information bro?
Old     (asdfgboy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-20-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wakevideo is no longer producing that piece as far as I know.
where did you get that information bro?
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-20-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
On their website it states they are temporally not producing the mirror/monitor or the Pro model camera mounts. I’m not really too worried about the monitor piece, I was just looking for other options. I am however wanting one of the Top Mounted Pro Trakkers. I sent them an e-mail inquiring, but have yet to get a response. Does anyone know if they are still in business?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
^^^yes still in business. I bought one at the start of summer. Here is the link Brian. www.vacuummounts.com the model is "Cleat" and it's $56. Works sweet for my 7" HDMI monitor.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-21-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the link. Which Trakker did you buy? I'm leaning toward one of the Pro models, based on the film examples they had on thier web site. Seemed to keep the rider centered in the frame much better.

I sent them another e-mail, may just be that time of year where it's hard to get to everything.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
I went with the Top Mount Mini. You can find the number for Mike on the website. He always picks up when I have called in the past. They work decent but I had some issues that I felt I could improve on. These ideas have led to a completely different approach that may turn into a totaly different system but I cant elaborate at the moment as I may be patenting this new system soon.