Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-11-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
So I put the boat in the water this morning and my digital gauges and perfect pass were dead. Checked for blown circuit breaker and fuses but can't find any for the instrument cluster. Any ideas to save the day??

07 supra launch 21v
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-11-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
Check the terminals on the back of the ignition switch... I had one come loose on my old mastercraft when was the "key on" position it didnt know it was so nothing powered up.

Does the boat run?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-11-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
Boat runs but won't get past idle
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-11-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
Well the not going past idle sounds like limp mode... But dont think that would affect the gauges from turning on...

Sounds like you might need to run it by the dealer and have the codes read.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-11-2014, 7:43 PM Reply   
Was able to pull it out and get it to the local dealer at my lake. No codes thrown. The guy is a legend around these parts and told me that he has never run across one that had the issue mine is having. Ended up disconnecting the controller for the LCD display and lake testing to see if the motor would run beyond limp mode. I did have throttle afterwards and was able to save the day on the water since i had a bunch of family that had come in town just to go to the lake today. My dealer told me that he was going to have to contact Supra for further assistance on what the problem might be. Most likely the controller for the LCD is bad, but my dealer told me that he has never had to replace one, so I don't know??
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-11-2014, 9:38 PM Reply   
Wierd.. Good luck with it. Keep us posted with what happens... Not something dumb like a bad grounding strap?