Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (generalkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-27-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Being from southern mn, I'm always trying to find out exactly how many cable parks in Minnesota in hope to find one close to home. Everytime I look it up I always find vision wakepark with all of the google results exclaiming "first cable park in mn!" But I keep coming across this article written in 2010 about the 10K Wakes wakepark. It lists its address, website, email, and phone number. The website doesn't work, nobody answers the number, and their email doesn't work either. I found their Facebook page but in their description thing on fb it says check out Vision Wake Parks, so I'm wondering is the 10k wakes wakepark changed to vision? Is vision the only cable park in Minnesota?
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-27-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
I don't know all the details but the system 2.0 was moved from the Trophy Lakes Estates IV site near New Germany, MN to its current location in Isanti, MN.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-27-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
10k wakepark was in New Germany for one season and renting the pond in Trophy Lakes Estates. The development went bankrupt at the beginning of 2011 and left 10k wakes without a home. They found a new home in a park in Isanti and decided to change their mission statement and name to Vision Wakeparks. All the emails and phone numbers will work on the Vision wakepark website. http://www.visionwakepark.com/ Jake is typically out there working, if you are trying to setup a time.

I definitely recommend checking it out. System 2.0 is a great way to learn new tricks and it's exhausting. The setup they have is super fun - the best 2.0 setup I have ridden, and they are getting a new rail soon. They'll probably put the new rail up on their facebook page when it is done.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-28-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
same park. there is only one in MN right now. I have been hearing loads of rumors of a full cable in Blaine in 2014.
Old     (generalkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-28-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
I'm a boat rider, never ridden a cable. I'd definitely like to try it out sometime but I just can't succumb to paying $25 for 15 minutes of riding. And only one person at a time can ride the cable out of everyone that's there? Sounds like a lot of waiting.

Any idea on the name of the one coming to Blaine?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-28-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
Kyle,

I have no idea on the name but every thing I have heard points to it being part of the Blaine Sports Complex. Again, I have no concrete information just rumors at the moment, below is an arial shot of the National Sports Center in Blaine, there is definitely some water on the property.
Attached Images

Old     (generalkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-28-2013, 7:28 PM Reply   
That's very interesting thank you.

What's up with only one rider at a time at vision? Is there only one handle on the cable or what?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-28-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalkyle View Post
That's very interesting thank you.

What's up with only one rider at a time at vision? Is there only one handle on the cable or what?
It isnt a full size cable. It just runs straight back and forth so it can only have one person on at a time.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-29-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
It's a system 2.0 and is now called Vision Wake Park. Hit up Jake and Kris:

http://visionwakepark.com

Rode there all the time last summer, it was amazing! Such great people!
Old     (generalkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-01-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
Can you buy full day passes or do you have to buy individual sets?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-01-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Hi Kyle, I moved out east and haven't ridden there this summer, so I can't speak for rates this year. Wonderful people, great atmosphere, and you learn tricks like none other.

Call up Jake and he'll get you taken care of. Tell him Ben Axell referred you. Seriously. lol
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-01-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
It's such a blast man... go check it out! I spent a lot of time there last summer and loved every second of it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...71630568062185
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-01-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Here's an edit I did from two our trips to Vision last summer. Hopefully this gives you an idea for the awesome vibe there. Great for all skill levels, too!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...23503244570358
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-01-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
I agree with what everyone else has said, super fun little park to ride, and the people are friendly and genuine. It's worth a trip, call them ahead of time before you go. You get pretty tired rather quickly in my opinion, well worth the money
Old     (generalkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-01-2013, 2:35 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone. I will definitely check it out.