Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2013, 6:11 AM Reply   
So bought some discounted black/grey hydro turf this winter. Finally got it installed a week or 2 ago on the platform. After 2 trips on the water its seperating between the layers and making huge bubbles. The bottom layer is still glued down fine but the top is coming up. Anyone have any similar issues?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
I have not. I put some b stock turf down on a standup years ago and it is still holding up fine.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
Yea I've always used the b stock or same colored and never had a problem. Got the stuff with a color on each side and it lasted a week. Wasn't sure if it was just a poor choice on my part or just a random defective piece
Old    sperbet            05-30-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Nope. Had it on my boat for almost 10 years now and it's still in good shape.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
I have had to re-glue hydro turf a few times. Just get some 3m adhesive in the spray can. Works great...............
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2013, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracktor View Post
I have had to re-glue hydro turf a few times. Just get some 3m adhesive in the spray can. Works great...............
No its not an issue with the hydro turf coming up....its an issue with the 2 "sheets" seperating. Seems like the black/grey is 2 sheets molded together. Inbetween the 2 sheets are massive bubbles like 1-2" diameter
Old     (NickEspi)      Join Date: May 2013       06-01-2013, 3:45 PM Reply   
You just can't catch a break this year bro
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-04-2013, 6:52 AM Reply   
Nick its called boat ownership. Maybe if you ever rode yours instead of just staring at the wrap in the driveway you would find some issues lol.

On a side note sent hydroturf a video of the issue and they have agreed to replace it. Seems like good service on their end so far to fix the issue so far.