Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-25-2015, 12:11 PM Reply   
What do you guys run in your x45?

Current setup
2008 X45
stock+750 each rear locker+500 up front
trim around 30%
70 foot 23.5 mph

First x45 was just wondering if people have had better luck with a different setup. It seemed to only be rideable with trim tab down due to inner lip on the wake would start to curl, even if we ran high 24s.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
What level riding do you do? The 45 can be loaded up with weight depending on what you are looking for.
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-25-2015, 1:45 PM Reply   
Bigger the better... I only have the 5.7l so limited there even with the upgraded prop. The boat can't get on plane with much more weight than what I run and a full tank of gas. Just didn't know if people arranged the weight differently.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-25-2015, 5:26 PM Reply   
This is the exact setup that I ran in my X45 with zero issues. I did ride at 75 and 24.8 but the wave was money. I never used the tab for wakeboarding as it hurts the wake. I would suggest emptying some rear weight and you should be fine. The x45 puts off a great stock wake.

Most of the time I ran just additional rear weight as the boat seemed to like that more. But with the 500 up front it would help porpoising and with that you shouldn't need the tab at all. Post some pictures of the wave
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-25-2015, 6:06 PM Reply   
Heading out 2mrow will post some pics.
Old     (Tallredrider)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-26-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
I use to own an X45. That would seem like too much rear weight unless you are willing to go faster. I would add extra weight up front if you insist on that much in the rear.

I loved the X45 wake most days. Sometimes, with the exact same setup, it would just go to crap. I was unable to figure out what was different on those days. Maybe the tank of gas was enough to make it less enjoyable.