Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2017, 4:02 AM Reply   
Another "free money " policy a kit to go into place in libtardland . Let's pay violent criminals who were not prosecuted 30,000 a year to not shoot and kill each other. Yup, your hard earned money being given away to the worst of the worst. I am sure non of that cash will be used to fund their gang's illegal street crime
endeaviors , like buying more drugs and illegal guns to commit more crimes.
Peak Lib-tardedness
This idea was floated as a joke somewhere. California took it seriously:
The city of Sacramento is setting aside $1.5 million dollars of taxpayers money to pay gang members to stop killing people.

The city council unanimously approved the “Advance Peace” program in an attempt to address their ongoing problem with violent crime, according to Fox News.

The program pays gang members to graduate school and stop shooting at people. If a gang member wants to start killing people, they’ll be forfeiting their taxpayer-funded payday.
The city has chosen "50 men who are suspected of killing people, but there’s not enough evidence to prosecute them" to receive $30,000 each in order to not kill people.

This is by far the stupidest idea to come out of California in a long time - and that's saying something from a state that elected Jerry Brown how many times now?

Has anyone thought about what happens if the 50 designated recipients want a raise? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to hire someone to kill the 50 *******s and see who takes their places?

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-06-2017 at 4:05 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-06-2017, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
As crazy as that sounds, not a bad Idea! I heard one guy say we should drop bombs filled with XTC on ISIS. LOL
WTF is "XTC"?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-06-2017, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Has anyone thought about what happens if the 50 designated recipients want a raise? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to hire someone to kill the 50 *******s and see who takes their places?
[/U][/I][/B]
You are one troubled person.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
XTC=MDMA is the raver happy drug!
As far as paying drug dealers and roaches not to kill each other. This is the result of libral retards that see themselves as intellects. These self proclaimed libral geniuses, think that they can play social experiments. Example I could totally see these little retards sitting in a roundtable discussion and somehow convincing each other this is a brilliant idea. This type of thinking is rampant in places like Berkeley. If you were to have the same type of roundtable discussion in Texas The consensus would be to, whoop these roaches a$$es and toss them in the trash where they belong.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You are one troubled person.
1) those comments in the bold didn't come from me. They came from the commentary attached to the article.

2) the fact that particular comment disturbs you more than the fact people want to pay violent criminals a salary to not commit violent crimes ...Tells me you're In fact the troubled one
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-06-2017, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
1) those comments in the bold didn't come from me. They came from the commentary attached to the article.

2) the fact that particular comment disturbs you more than the fact people want to pay violent criminals a salary to not commit violent crimes ...Tells me you're In fact the troubled one
Ahh yes, quoting a source you agree with, "But I didn't say it!". That makes sense.

I would gladly pay a violent criminal not to commit violent crimes if that meant not slaughtering 50 people. End of the day what is that program going to cost me? 50 people given 30G from my taxes spread across that many people? Gladly pay it so somebody could possibly become a part of the community. It is rather terrifying to me that as a police officer you would rather slaughter 50 people than give them a chance to get on their feet and maybe join society.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2017, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ahh yes, quoting a source you agree with, "But I didn't say it!". That makes sense.

I would gladly pay a violent criminal not to commit violent crimes if that meant not slaughtering 50 people. End of the day what is that program going to cost me? 50 people given 30G from my taxes spread across that many people? Gladly pay it so somebody could possibly become a part of the community. It is rather terrifying to me that as a police officer you would rather slaughter 50 people than give them a chance to get on their feet and maybe join society.
You're such a complete idiot...... now you're using something that isn't even part of the argument to defend your stance. Do you know how retarded you sound ? I don't agree with the pay 30k to savages. I quoted that too !

Basically what you're saying is if one of these violent criminals ( who have a proven rap sheet of years of violence , are suspected committing multiple other violent crimes they haven't been charged with , and have failed numerous chances at rehabilitation ) shoots at you and your family walking down the street ,hits your wife and / or kids you rather pay him 30k of your tax money than put him in prison or give him the death penalty for his crime. Why not write the check now and take one into your home and rehabilitate him

How can anyone take you seriously.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-06-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-06-2017, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
XTC=MDMA is the raver happy drug!
I believe the word you are looking for is Ecstasy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-06-2017, 10:18 AM Reply   
"End of the day what is that program going to cost me? 50 people given 30G from my taxes spread across that many people? Gladly pay it so somebody could possibly become a part of the community. It is rather terrifying to me that as a police officer you would rather slaughter 50 people than give them a chance to get on their feet and maybe join society. "

LMFAO!!!
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-06-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
You're such a complete idiot...... now you're using something that isn't even part of the argument to defend your stance. Do you know how retarded you sound ? I don't agree with the pay 30k to savages. I quoted that too !

Basically what you're saying is if one of these violent criminals ( who have a proven rap sheet of years of violence , are suspected committing multiple other violent crimes they haven't been charged with , and have failed numerous chances at rehabilitation ) shoots at you and your family walking down the street ,hits your wife and / or kids you rather pay him 30k of your tax money than put him in prison or give him the death penalty for his crime. Why not write the check now and take one into your home and rehabilitate him

How can anyone take you seriously.
Again, you're now taking things and changing them to fit your narrative. Where does that program say anything about people with "years of violence, and failed numerous chances at rehab?". If they've never been convicted of a crime I highly doubt they have been given numerous chances at rehab. The Fox news article says nothing about that, but the crazy hard right leaning website you quoted did put that in there for some reason.

You're also confused on how tax money works and votes on things work. I would vote for this program, that's the way democracy works. That doesn't require me to pay 30K and take somebody into my home. Just as you voting for a pro-war president doesn't require you to pay millions of dollars for the weapons and then go and fight the war.

You think putting him in prison is free? You should look up how much we spend on our overloaded prison system. You think putting him in prison is going to make him a better person when he gets out? At this point I'm ready to try something and if that means giving them some incentive to not keep doing what they're doing then thats fine with me.

My belief is that you should try and make the person somebody who can contribute to society at some point.

I also find it interesting that you're willing to look past the constitution of a fair trial and say "Hey, I don't wanna participate in this program of paying them, they weren't convicted of anything, lets murder them instead."

Being suspected of crimes isn't the same as committing crimes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-06-2017, 11:50 AM Reply   
How y'all feel about the three month debt ceiling deal between Trump, Schumer and Polosi?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2017, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I believe the word you are looking for is Ecstasy.
Is it true that the most dangerous side effect of ecstacy is that it makes you actually like house music?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-06-2017, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Only the serious DACA folks should apply for the job. If you want to remain in DACA, in addition to having a job and attend school and staying out of trouble with the law, assimilating... we have one more little requirement. You are going to be the one to take out 1 gang member who requests a raise. If you are successful you can retain your DACA status.
Job done and no new tax dollars expended.

Debt ceiling news, Interesting.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...s-to-vote.html
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-07-2017, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Is it true that the most dangerous side effect of ecstacy is that it makes you actually like house music?
It makes you want to dance...................so I have heard. But hey, you are the NZ guy. You tell me!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-08-2017, 2:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Another "free money " policy a kit to go into place in libtardland . Let's pay violent criminals who were not prosecuted 30,000 a year to not shoot and kill each other. Yup, your hard earned money being given away to the worst of the worst. I am sure non of that cash will be used to fund their gang's illegal street crime
endeaviors , like buying more drugs and illegal guns to commit more crimes.
Peak Lib-tardedness
This idea was floated as a joke somewhere. California took it seriously:
The city of Sacramento is setting aside $1.5 million dollars of taxpayers money to pay gang members to stop killing people.

The city council unanimously approved the “Advance Peace” program in an attempt to address their ongoing problem with violent crime, according to Fox News.

The program pays gang members to graduate school and stop shooting at people. If a gang member wants to start killing people, they’ll be forfeiting their taxpayer-funded payday.
The city has chosen "50 men who are suspected of killing people, but there’s not enough evidence to prosecute them" to receive $30,000 each in order to not kill people.

This is by far the stupidest idea to come out of California in a long time - and that's saying something from a state that elected Jerry Brown how many times now?

LOL. When are you going to grow up?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-08-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mostly trance. House is for sober ex ravers.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-08-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
LOL. When are you going to grow up?
So you also support paying violent criminals who have proven rap sheets. You support paying a salary to someone to stop their criminals ways, but do nothing to apllly themselves ? You support giving money to people involved in violent criminal organizations and actions ?

You two are seriously disturbed individuals

THE WAKE IS REAL

I didn't change anything around. All I did was give you a situation which links you directly to the shooter who will be getting 30k and ask you to give an answer, Which you still haven't. Much like the other times you've been called out.

These people on this list are not "suspected " of one single crime . They have rap sheets with multiple convictions for violence or other high crimes . That's how they become "targeted individuals" we already have lists here and there is a formula they use. They have been convicted of other crimes. In some cases shootings and gun violence , along with armed robberies . That's how they actually get put on this list. It's apparent you again know nothing about how this stuff works.

Question still stands. What do you do to the guy that has shot and/or tired to kill your family member,? He's already been convicted of armed robbery and selling narcotics . What should his punishment be? You talk about the finances of running a prison. The death penalty lowers prison population, reduces crime , reduced the amount of frequent flyers back through prisons , lowers the money needed for victim assistance programs , and well as medical care for those incarcerated . Why is that not the better solution . It's more fiscally sound is it not ? Apparently your white guilt and liberal bleeding heart won't allow you to accept the fact that some people just can't be fixed. It's reality . What do you do with those people who have proven over and over again they just don't care and don't want to be rehabilitated.? Give them a hug and some cash ?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-09-2017, 2:05 AM Reply   
Police abuse. Trigger alert liberals of Wakeworld.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=973J7DqPTFo
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-09-2017, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:

These people on this list are not "suspected " of one single crime . They have rap sheets with multiple convictions for violence or other high crimes . That's how they become "targeted individuals" we already have lists here and there is a formula they use. They have been convicted of other crimes. In some cases shootings and gun violence , along with armed robberies . That's how they actually get put on this list. It's apparent you again know nothing about how this stuff works.

Question still stands. What do you do to the guy that has shot and/or tired to kill your family member,? He's already been convicted of armed robbery and selling narcotics . What should his punishment be? You talk about the finances of running a prison. The death penalty lowers prison population, reduces crime , reduced the amount of frequent flyers back through prisons , lowers the money needed for victim assistance programs , and well as medical care for those incarcerated . Why is that not the better solution . It's more fiscally sound is it not ? Apparently your white guilt and liberal bleeding heart won't allow you to accept the fact that some people just can't be fixed. It's reality . What do you do with those people who have proven over and over again they just don't care and don't want to be rehabilitated.? Give them a hug and some cash ?
If you think the death penalty lowers cost from prisons then you truly don't know a damn thing on the subject and it isn't worth moving forward until you do some reading. The main argument for many people against the death penalty is how much it costs, so no, it isn't more fiscally sound at all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#54424dde664b

http://www.snopes.com/is-sacramento-...s-not-to-kill/

Merry Christmas, the drudge report didn't feel like putting all that in their article so people like you would be all up in arms about it. The city isn't even paying for it.

Something tells me if somebody shot and killed my family and was already convicted of dealing narcotics that we wouldn't see him again for quite some time. He certainly wouldn't be in this program as you very own false fox news article said they're just targeted and haven't been convicted. So you're again making up things to try and prove a bad point.

It is a very real thing to stick somebody in prison in the U.S. for dealing drugs and have them come out a murderer. Our prison system is terrible and disgusting. Again, I would rather have the guy coming out of prison have a chance at being part of society, not go right back to what he was doing, and thats exactly the opposite of what our prison system does.

You can have your own opinion on prison/death penalty, but it is very clear the current system isn't working.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-09-2017, 9:10 AM Reply   
What keeps the criminals we pay to stop breaking the law to continue breaking the law after they receive their paycheck?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-09-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
What keeps the criminals we pay to stop breaking the law to continue breaking the law after they receive their paycheck?
You don't get a paycheck until 6 months into the program, if you have one offense you're done. YOU'RE not paying them. It is setup through a foundation. The original link is complete bogus.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-09-2017, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't get a paycheck until 6 months into the program, if you have one offense you're done. YOU'RE not paying them. It is setup through a foundation. The original link is complete bogus.
This foundation . Is it a from private or taxpayer money? What is the primary goal here?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-09-2017, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Since WakeIsReal will not answer then i will answer for him. Taxpayer money. The goal of the program is to get more money from taxpayers and make thugs or gang members always dependent on mother big government.
The primary goal should be to keep the American public safe. Our nation is built upon laws not upon government handouts and extortion.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-09-2017, 6:16 PM Reply   
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-11-2017, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Since WakeIsReal will not answer then i will answer for him. Taxpayer money. The goal of the program is to get more money from taxpayers and make thugs or gang members always dependent on mother big government.
The primary goal should be to keep the American public safe. Our nation is built upon laws not upon government handouts and extortion.
No, I got better **** to do on the weekend than argue with you. Our nation wasn't built upon forced production, forced trade, and market control, but you don't seem to mind that now that Trump is in control do you? You hate capitalism you communist.

On to the original question now that I've responded to your question the way you do, the money is from stipends payed by PRIVATE donations. It isn't even guaranteed they will distribute the $1.5 million because you have to be in the program for at least 6 months and be on good behavior. Again, you and swat both don't seem to understand how much money we spend on the prison system per inmate. It isn't anymore money than you're already spending to house them, feed them, and protect them inside prison walls that turn them into a far bigger problem for society when they get out. Swat doesn't have any idea how much the death penalty costs tax payers either, and for a conservative that is alarming!

I'm all for paying for a situation that might improve them for the rest of us. Were gonna pay either way if they're gonna be in prison, I wouldn't mind trying something new for the sake of the community. if it doesn't work, then whatever, you're still gonna pay for them to be housed and fed in prison. Does their suffering in prison really bring you that much joy that you overlook their state of mind when they get it? Why don't you look up United States recidivism rates and see how well it's currently working.

If the primary goal is to keep Mother America safe then you should read up on prisons and see what they do to people, you're not keeping anybody safe putting somebody in our current prison system.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-11-2017, 3:33 PM Reply   
Lots of emotion here on 9/11 day.
This is a recording of the devil. He is speaking to traffic control, but he thinks he is speaking to the passengers on the plane over the PA system on the plane.
He is telling them that they are heading back to the airport when the fact is he wants nobody on the plane to interfere with terrorist attack for Allah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o00gcr_wdrk
God Bless America.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-11-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
No, I got better **** to do on the weekend than argue with you. Our nation wasn't built upon forced production, forced trade, and market control, but you don't seem to mind that now that Trump is in control do you? You hate capitalism you communist.

On to the original question now that I've responded to your question the way you do, the money is from stipends payed by PRIVATE donations. It isn't even guaranteed they will distribute the $1.5 million because you have to be in the program for at least 6 months and be on good behavior. Again, you and swat both don't seem to understand how much money we spend on the prison system per inmate. It isn't anymore money than you're already spending to house them, feed them, and protect them inside prison walls that turn them into a far bigger problem for society when they get out. Swat doesn't have any idea how much the death penalty costs tax payers either, and for a conservative that is alarming!

I'm all for paying for a situation that might improve them for the rest of us. Were gonna pay either way if they're gonna be in prison, I wouldn't mind trying something new for the sake of the community. if it doesn't work, then whatever, you're still gonna pay for them to be housed and fed in prison. Does their suffering in prison really bring you that much joy that you overlook their state of mind when they get it? Why don't you look up United States recidivism rates and see how well it's currently working.

If the primary goal is to keep Mother America safe then you should read up on prisons and see what they do to people, you're not keeping anybody safe putting somebody in our current prison system.
Add Real Wake to the dreamers list. You are a sick $%u>.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-11-2017, 3:58 PM Reply   
LOL
https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...type=3&theater
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-11-2017, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lots of emotion here on 9/11 day.
This is a recording of the devil. He is speaking to traffic control, but he thinks he is speaking to the passengers on the plane over the PA system on the plane.
He is telling them that they are heading back to the airport when the fact is he wants nobody on the plane to interfere with terrorist attack for Allah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o00gcr_wdrk
God Bless America.
Why didn't God stop this so-called "devil"?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-11-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why didn't God stop this so-called "devil"?
God allows man to make choices. If somebody had listened to god none of this would have happened.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-12-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
God allows man to make choices. If somebody had listened to god none of this would have happened.
So the people on the plane "chose" to die? I am sure there were Christians on the plane that "listened to god", yet they are dead. Are you trying to change the facts?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-12-2017, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
So the people on the plane "chose" to die? I am sure there were Christians on the plane that "listened to god", yet they are dead. Are you trying to change the facts?
You and i neither know all of the facts, so not lets pretend we do.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-12-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
You and i neither know all of the facts.
especially not the guy that thinks God is talking to people.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-15-2017, 3:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
especially not the guy that thinks God is talking to people.
Turtle you need to get laid. Why so angry all the time ?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
I can provide dozens of articles and research studies that will support the fact the death penalty reduces overall prison costs and saves money . We can argue that all day using true numbers and projections.

As far as the Sacramento program goes. I can applaud a privately run enterprise putting forward their own money for a cause . Only the group sponsoring this program receives government funds to operate. So that narrative claiming it's a privately funded organization is false. We had an almost identical group called Cease Fire here , that deployed " violence interrupters " here and tagged individuals as go risk here. Using the identical concepts in the program they are attempting to sell in Sac. You know happened. The head of the program was indicted. , several "interrupters" were charged with crimes for supporting gangs with government funds and/or stealing . A half dozen interrupters on the payroll were charged with gun violence crimes. That was over 50% of the interrupters on the payroll. If that doesn't raise a red flag about where government earmarks for gangs umltinatwly end up I don't know what will . Most street gangs began with the funding of government money way back in the day. At some point you need to re evaluate things .
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-15-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
I can provide dozens of articles and research studies that will support the fact the death penalty reduces overall prison costs and saves money . We can argue that all day using true numbers and projections.

As far as the Sacramento program goes. I can applaud a privately run enterprise putting forward their own money for a cause . Only the group sponsoring this program receives government funds to operate. So that narrative claiming it's a privately funded organization is false. We had an almost identical group called Cease Fire here , that deployed " violence interrupters " here and tagged individuals as go risk here. Using the identical concepts in the program they are attempting to sell in Sac. You know happened. The head of the program was indicted. , several "interrupters" were charged with crimes for supporting gangs with government funds and/or stealing . A half dozen interrupters on the payroll were charged with gun violence crimes. That was over 50% of the interrupters on the payroll. If that doesn't raise a red flag about where government earmarks for gangs umltinatwly end up I don't know what will . Most street gangs began with the funding of government money way back in the day. At some point you need to re evaluate things .
Please do! One rule, no right wing websites. Let's an actual abstract with numbers on how the current death penalty saves prisons and tax payers money.
Old    deltahoosier            09-15-2017, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:

Cool.. Maybe we all should break the law because everyone is going to pay anyway.

Prison's historically never worked. That is why most governments through out time either killed them, shipped them off to deserted islands, or sold them into slavery. Prison's only work for those who are close to being civilized/ care enough and have people around them that care. Usually those are people who got caught up with a bad decision/ crime of passion sort of people.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-15-2017, 11:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Cool.. Maybe we all should break the law because everyone is going to pay anyway.

Prison's historically never worked. That is why most governments through out time either killed them, shipped them off to deserted islands, or sold them into slavery. Prison's only work for those who are close to being civilized/ care enough and have people around them that care. Usually those are people who got caught up with a bad decision/ crime of passion sort of people.
So what the **** is your point? I don't even understand your first sentence or what you're getting at. Should we line criminals up right out of the cop car and shoot em all in the back?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2017, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:

Yes, it's pretty clear we have no option, criminals should be executed. There is no possible rehabilitation.

https://youtu.be/Djgq9fuIeqQ
Old    deltahoosier            09-15-2017, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
So what the **** is your point? I don't even understand your first sentence or what you're getting at. Should we line criminals up right out of the cop car and shoot em all in the back?
Your statement is criminals cost money and or not rehabilitated. I am pointing to the historical fact of the mater. Most people are not rehabilitated because their culture will put them back in the same spot. Paying them is not going to change their culture. The people out killing people are doing it to keep control over something. Giving them money is not going to stop that need for control. Historically speaking, I described what cultures have done to prisoners in the past. Don't shoot the messenger. Crime and non conformity to society is as old as human record. What societies have to ask themselves is how much monetary burden are the willing to bear? How much of your income do you want to put toward these folks? Not saying I know the answer but those are the questions.

On your cost of prisons and death penalty. Many of those costs is if a single person was responsible for the budget of all proceedings. The reality, the costs are socialized over many.
Old    deltahoosier            09-15-2017, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, it's pretty clear we have no option, criminals should be executed. There is no possible rehabilitation.

https://youtu.be/Djgq9fuIeqQ
Cool video. Meditation is good for many things. It helps with PTSD people and so on. Many of these people from the street absolutely suffer PTSD. While you can have a certain amount of success folks that have a like mind, you still have to eliminate cultural bias that has led to them being the criminals they became. Looks like they were able to get some sort of buy in and eliminate the cultural component. End of the day, until these guys get old enough and trained enough, they will fall back exactly where they left off if released to the same environment.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-15-2017, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your statement is criminals cost money and or not rehabilitated. I am pointing to the historical fact of the mater. Most people are not rehabilitated because their culture will put them back in the same spot. Paying them is not going to change their culture. The people out killing people are doing it to keep control over something. Giving them money is not going to stop that need for control. Historically speaking, I described what cultures have done to prisoners in the past. Don't shoot the messenger. Crime and non conformity to society is as old as human record. What societies have to ask themselves is how much monetary burden are the willing to bear? How much of your income do you want to put toward these folks? Not saying I know the answer but those are the questions.

On your cost of prisons and death penalty. Many of those costs is if a single person was responsible for the budget of all proceedings. The reality, the costs are socialized over many.
You can't mention something like that in argument then say "don't shoot the messenger". If you look at other countries around the world who take a rehabilitation approach why are their recidivism rates so different? And it isn't limited to race because I know that's where you're going to take it. Take the white American prison population recidivism rates and compare them to white euro rates. Big difference. Why? Because our prison system is ****ed. I would put a good amount of my income to better prisons and less incarceration. I've said it many times on here that the Clintons ****ed all of us in the 90s with their tough on crime approach. We're already paying for our ****ty prison system and we're going to keep paying for it until our prisoners start coming out healed. Read the Stanford Project and see how quickly people change inside our prison system.

Yes, the costs are socialized over many, what the **** does that change from the argument of how expensive the death penalty and our prison system in general? The death penalty is so insanely expensive and inneficeint.
Old    deltahoosier            09-15-2017, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
You can't mention something like that in argument then say "don't shoot the messenger". If you look at other countries around the world who take a rehabilitation approach why are their recidivism rates so different? And it isn't limited to race because I know that's where you're going to take it. Take the white American prison population recidivism rates and compare them to white euro rates. Big difference. Why? Because our prison system is ****ed. I would put a good amount of my income to better prisons and less incarceration. I've said it many times on here that the Clintons ****ed all of us in the 90s with their tough on crime approach. We're already paying for our ****ty prison system and we're going to keep paying for it until our prisoners start coming out healed. Read the Stanford Project and see how quickly people change inside our prison system.

Yes, the costs are socialized over many, what the **** does that change from the argument of how expensive the death penalty and our prison system in general? The death penalty is so insanely expensive and inneficeint.
Sure I can. I just did it.

The difference between Europe vs America is garbage cultural influence. What is the intact family percentage in Europe vs America? Our prisons are what they are due to the culture of the people inside the prison. The prisons themselves have a structure and a system of extra punishment for not following the civilized rules. Prison is prison for the most part. American prisons are pretty soft really. The prisoners are required to do way, way less than a soldier in the armed forces.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-15-2017, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sure I can. I just did it.

The difference between Europe vs America is garbage cultural influence. What is the intact family percentage in Europe vs America? Our prisons are what they are due to the culture of the people inside the prison. The prisons themselves have a structure and a system of extra punishment for not following the civilized rules. Prison is prison for the most part. American prisons are pretty soft really. The prisoners are required to do way, way less than a soldier in the armed forces.
EXACTLY!!!!! The culture is from our prison system. Crazy you just agreed with my point. Imagine if we changed the prison system so it wasn't solely based off punishment and instead rehabilitated? America prisons aren't soft in comparison to other democratic developed countries. Yes, they have extra punishment for not following rules, and NO Incentive for bettering yourself on the inside. Instead it's basically a game of survival in there.
Old    deltahoosier            09-15-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
EXACTLY!!!!! The culture is from our prison system. Crazy you just agreed with my point. Imagine if we changed the prison system so it wasn't solely based off punishment and instead rehabilitated? America prisons aren't soft in comparison to other democratic developed countries. Yes, they have extra punishment for not following rules, and NO Incentive for bettering yourself on the inside. Instead it's basically a game of survival in there.
I don't think I completely agree. I don't think you are catching my nuance. I am saying the prison system itself is easier to live in than most of our sailors living on any number of ships at sea. I would argue that our sailors have a much harsher and cramped living quarters than prisoners.

The issue is the caliber of the person, not the environment that the person is in in this case. The culture of the people on the ship is way better than the culture of the prisoners.

I think in prison that their is incentive for bettering themselves. If they are model citizens or a mentors in prison, they get credit for getting out. My physics teacher used to teach at a prison. They can get degrees. They have the ability to do better. Most simply try not to. Culturally it is hard for people to succeed in prison though. What can the state do when the people in the community of the prison are not willing to succeed?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-15-2017, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think I completely agree. I don't think you are catching my nuance. I am saying the prison system itself is easier to live in than most of our sailors living on any number of ships at sea. I would argue that our sailors have a much harsher and cramped living quarters than prisoners.

The issue is the caliber of the person, not the environment that the person is in in this case. The culture of the people on the ship is way better than the culture of the prisoners.

I think in prison that their is incentive for bettering themselves. If they are model citizens or a mentors in prison, they get credit for getting out. My physics teacher used to teach at a prison. They can get degrees. They have the ability to do better. Most simply try not to. Culturally it is hard for people to succeed in prison though. What can the state do when the people in the community of the prison are not willing to succeed?
That's very interesting, my CC physics teacher taught at San Quinn, and said the same things I'm saying. They're really isn't any incentive to better yourself. Why would you want to learn when prison is essentially teaching you not to learn? If the people simply aren't willing to succeed I agree it is a lost cause, but our prison system doesn't set people up to see if they want to succeed. It sets them up to be in an instant survival mode. Honestly check out the Stanford Project, it really does a great job of explaining the prison system on normal people. Now take people who already struggle to succeed and put them in that system.

The ship is a very poor example IMO. You're dead on about the caliber of the person, but people can change. For better and for worse, and stats show that prison changes people for the worse. So now not only are we getting a drug dealer back on the streets when they're out,now we drug dealer capable of murder. There has to be incentive to change your lifestyle when you're in there, otherwise the community pays for it in both tax dollars and having criminals coming out of prison.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2017, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cool video. Meditation is good for many things. It helps with PTSD people and so on. Many of these people from the street absolutely suffer PTSD. While you can have a certain amount of success folks that have a like mind, you still have to eliminate cultural bias that has led to them being the criminals they became. Looks like they were able to get some sort of buy in and eliminate the cultural component. End of the day, until these guys get old enough and trained enough, they will fall back exactly where they left off if released to the same environment.
Yes i agree. My point wasn't that meditation solves everything for everyone, just that gassing prisoners isn't the answer. If our school systems taught some of these techniques rather than how to add 2+2 we should be way ahead of where we are now. Modern life with its constant distraction, abdication of responsibility, sedentary nature and crappy diet has got us where we are.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-18-2017, 1:17 PM Reply   
Just about when you are ready to give up on the guy. He does this and you cheer for the guy again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-F2cJSNb0g
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2017, 2:33 PM Reply   
Poor old Hilderbeast, doesn't the Don know not to kick a dog when its down. Haha
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-18-2017, 7:08 PM Reply   
What I'm finding weird is people on my Facebook that hate on Clinton are buying her book so they can b**ch about what she wrote. Shouldn't they be boycotting her book?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
Recreational outrage. Some people are happiest when they are complaining.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2017, 1:58 PM Reply   
best Presidential speech in decades

https://www.yahoo.com/news/diplomats...173944010.html

finally...
Old    deltahoosier            09-19-2017, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's very interesting, my CC physics teacher taught at San Quinn, and said the same things I'm saying. They're really isn't any incentive to better yourself. Why would you want to learn when prison is essentially teaching you not to learn? If the people simply aren't willing to succeed I agree it is a lost cause, but our prison system doesn't set people up to see if they want to succeed. It sets them up to be in an instant survival mode. Honestly check out the Stanford Project, it really does a great job of explaining the prison system on normal people. Now take people who already struggle to succeed and put them in that system.

The ship is a very poor example IMO. You're dead on about the caliber of the person, but people can change. For better and for worse, and stats show that prison changes people for the worse. So now not only are we getting a drug dealer back on the streets when they're out,now we drug dealer capable of murder. There has to be incentive to change your lifestyle when you're in there, otherwise the community pays for it in both tax dollars and having criminals coming out of prison.
I think we agree in general principle. I think the prison has opportunities (depending on the prison due to the hardness of the prisoner). I don't think a person can go to a hard prison and expect to come out better. I don't think their are enough prisons and ability to segregate out to the degree that you need to allow that type of nuance on who is going to succeed or not. Once a person is there, they are in a organization of their peers. Many of them started in a minimum prison then got sent to a max prison when they decided they could not meet expectations and requirements. In the navy, their peers are high quality (The Marines will argue) people. In prison they are not high quality people. In either case you have tight quarters, set schedules, requirements and regiment. Only difference is prison has people who don't give a rats fanny about conforming to societal norms. You can only separate prisoners to large groupings. At that point, they have to make a choice on beating the odds. They had a lifetime on the outside to try and beat the odds. I agree that prison is not set up for beating the odds, however you can only do so much.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-19-2017, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
best Presidential speech in decades

https://www.yahoo.com/news/diplomats...173944010.html

finally...
Nice speech. I hope his fellow constituents are doing the same.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2017, 7:29 AM Reply   
Fck yeah, greatest speech ever. Lets get back to war already.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2017, 9:22 AM Reply   
I didn't hear it that way, but okay....whatever
Old    deltahoosier            09-20-2017, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I didn't hear it that way, but okay....whatever
You have to realize most people think that if you have requirements and have a backbone, you are a warmonger. People don't understand if you have lack of requirements society will fail.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2017, 9:57 AM Reply   
I actually agreed with quite a bit of his message, surprisingly, but his veiled threats towards some other nations came off childish.
Old    deltahoosier            09-20-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
I actually agreed with quite a bit of his message, surprisingly, but his veiled threats towards some other nations came off childish.
Possibly. Sometimes you have to put language into terms that translates to another language. Using large colorful language does not translate in many cases. Clear and simple gets to the point.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Possibly. Sometimes you have to put language into terms that translates to another language. Using large colorful language does not translate in many cases. Clear and simple gets to the point.
The speech was for the domestic audience only, pretty sure the leaders there aren't even listening
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2017, 12:04 PM Reply   
Nothing wrong with straight forward language, I personally liked it. To me he came off very well. This is what I heard and agree with, "North Korea "F" with us and we will F you up" LOL meanwhile poor general Mattis is saying "diplomacy is still our first option"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2017, 12:16 PM Reply   
Like i said, the speech is for the US domestic audience, internationally he is viewed as a clown
Old    deltahoosier            09-20-2017, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Like i said, the speech is for the US domestic audience, internationally he is viewed as a clown
You guys say every Republican President is a clown. Just noise.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2017, 1:08 PM Reply   
Nobody said George Bush was a clown. Snr that is, ha ha.

What strikes me from the speech was he was very very strong on Sovereignty but pretty weak on human rights. But then seems to have no respect for the sovereignty of Iran, Venezuela or North Korea. Only USAs sovereignty counts!
Old    deltahoosier            09-20-2017, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:

What strikes me from the speech was he was very very strong on Sovereignty but pretty weak on human rights. But then seems to have no respect for the sovereignty of Iran, Venezuela or North Korea. Only USAs sovereignty counts!
sounds like your bias. I did not hear that. He is the US President. Those countries have offered threats directly against us. I have zero issue with it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
Like i said domestic audience. Americans thinking Trump is viewed as a statesman world wide is laughable.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Just a shade off from one of his campaign speeches. Continuing to work the base audience. I wonder how they interpreted "Rocketman".
Another 1st! Trump now using RNC and campaign dollars to pay for his attorneys regarding that little Russia issue. Not just trump lawyers, RNC paying Trump Jrs lawyers too. Did they disclose that when they took the $? I'd ask for a refund.
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...al-fees-2017-9
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2017, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's another good one. You know every world leader either watched or was briefed on every word he said. So much for a domestic audience. And you know what's even more laughable. Do you think anyone here could name a president of New Zealand. As far as I'm concerned Ralph and Gandolf are the only resident New Zealanders I could Name! And rumor has it that Gandolf was an illegal alien
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2017, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you think anyone here could name a president of New Zealand. As far as I'm concerned Ralph and Gandolf are the only resident New Zealanders I could Name!
We you have me there, I can't name a President of NZ either. Ha ha.
Old    deltahoosier            09-20-2017, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
We you have me there, I can't name a President of NZ either. Ha ha.
This is how I see your day going:

King Arthur: Old woman!
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out, did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well, I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever gonna be any progress...
Peasant Woman: Dennis! There's some lovely filth down here... Oh! How do you do?
[Dennis joins the Peasant Woman in the nearby filth patch]
King Arthur: How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, king of the Britons. Whose castle is that?
Peasant Woman: King of the who?
King Arthur: The Britons.
Peasant Woman: Who're the "Britons"?
King Arthur: Well, we all are. We're all Britons, and I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
Dennis: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working classes...
Peasant Woman: Oh, there you go, bringing class into it again.
Dennis: Well, that's what it's all about! If only people would--
King Arthur: Please, please, good people, I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
Peasant Woman: No one lives there.
King Arthur: Then who is your lord?
Peasant Woman: We don't have a lord.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week...
King Arthur: Yes...
Dennis: ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
King Arthur: Yes I see...
Dennis: ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...
King Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: ...but by a two thirds majority in the case of more...
King Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Peasant Woman: "Order", eh? Who does he think he is?
King Arthur: I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
[Angelic music plays...]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Arthur: Shut up!
Dennis: I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
Arthur: [grabs Dennis] Shut up! Will you shut up?!
Dennis: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Arthur: [shakes Dennis] Shut up!
Dennis: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
Arthur: Bloody Peasant!
Dennis: Ooh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2017, 11:20 PM Reply   
Please tell me you typed that out rather than copy and paste.
Anyway, cool story bro, what's that got to do with Trump being an international embarrassment?
Old    deltahoosier            09-21-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Please tell me you typed that out rather than copy and paste.
Anyway, cool story bro, what's that got to do with Trump being an international embarrassment?
Apparently you don't recognize Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The video is even funnier. Look up the scene were dennis is being repressed.
Old    deltahoosier            09-21-2017, 9:50 AM Reply   
Help, Help I'm Being Repressed!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ing+repressed+
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-21-2017, 11:32 AM Reply   
I doth my cap, very funny. If I wasn't a liberal my sense of humor would have kicked in and i would have laughed.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2017, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:

Trump holding aid now to Egypt for human rights violations.
http://www.standard.net/World/2017/0...ights-concerns
I know you commies think highly of your leaders. There is plane waiting for you right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__aWSEGosI
You better not complain while in flight.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-21-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
Don't forget his great work for Nambia
Old    deltahoosier            09-21-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
I doth my cap, very funny. If I wasn't a liberal my sense of humor would have kicked in and i would have laughed.
Consider it a growth opportunity. ;0)
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-21-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
My friend was born in Covfefe, Nambia. The Eastern side.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2017, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Rather be the clown that is gonna F##^ you up to the same people that if you left your back door open like Obama did they Gave it to your wife in the A^^ and stole your wallet.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2017, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Like i said domestic audience. Americans thinking Trump is viewed as a statesman world wide is laughable.
And those are the same lads that fear the invasion of Antifa from the left. The deplorables destroyed your Antifa. Those people laughing at Trump keep sending over their garbage over the border and filling our jails, as the commie's cry foul at the horrible conditions their fellow leftist must endure while paying for their crimes to humanity.