Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
Besides the rack that mount on top of the tower ( can't use because of invertied rev 410's).
What is a good board rack for the more sensitive surf boards?
From one weekend out on my buddy's brand new boat I have a scratch on the rail of my inland board. I am not to fond of how thin the mounting surface is or the bungee tension of the current racks. I like the mastercraft design, but even they don't have one for a surf board.
I remember seeing a company that had a rack that the rubber inlays on the racks were inflatable but never have seen anything besides a press release.
My quiver is getting bigger and laying out the nicer boards on the back deck is taking up to much roomand isn't going to work for much longer.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-10-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
I've seen some storage solution for sensitive boards. One being storage in the overhead Bimini of the boat. I'll be storing my board up the come riding weather.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
I have thought of that. When parked we tend to stick them there. Just wondered what would be the best way to secure them.
Was thinking maybe a kneeboard type setup. Where it's a webbed seatbelt like matterial that goesover the board through a hoop and velcro's back onto itself.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-10-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
cowboy we used these to hold boards to the top of our illusion tower... even while towing the boat to the lake:

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produc...rf-strap-_-531
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-11-2013, 6:28 AM Reply   
Shawn, do you have any pictures of it in use?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
I think this should get you there....

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewe...29866524328242
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-11-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
Didn't work
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-11-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
you can have surf pockets added to just about any Bimini buy most local canvas companies..Tige offers them on all there newer boat models so if your looking for pics..go to tige.com.

I find all the boards living up front tell there is a real awesome product that will help me store 5-9 boards at a time....

If anyone has seen or knows..please share...
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-11-2013, 8:17 PM Reply   
cowwboy, pm me and we can talk. Went thru this two years ago and tried alot of stuff for my Illusion tower but my trials and errors (alot of shipping charges to return stuff that didn't work) led me to have 2 sets of dual racks on each side of the tower to hold four surf and four skim style boards or wakeboards. Angles/pitch are important so baords don't bang into each other ect. As far as the rubber inlay, anything like that can be made better or modified somehow. Our boards have not been damaged yet and we get some pretty rough water.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2013, 9:34 PM Reply   
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-12-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
I would love to have a 3 board or 4 board fork setup but don't know of any.
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-12-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Check with Samson Sports. They have a 3 board combo of some sorts.http://samsonsports.com/
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       05-14-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
I replaced one set of board racks for a combo surf/wake board rack from Roswell. I surf with a Inland Red Woody. To keep the board from being marred, I cut and put pipe insulation over the rack tines. Cost $1 at Home Depot on took 60 seconds to put on. When I tighten the bungy over the board, I pull it all the way out before wrapping over the board. No sliding or moving around since the tension is essentially equal on both ends.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-14-2013, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have samson - wake/surf/wake on one side and a wake surf on other - They work really well.