Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-13-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
I have an Enzo 244 and an Eco boost 4x4 crew cab with 40 k on it. I tow 100 miles each way every weekend. I have had dodge and ford diesel and my Eco rips. If you are struggling with the Eco boost its not the truck. You need to learn how to tow. We load the truck boat Eric and its all mountains in western pa. So I have a hard time justifying a 3/4 ton for a wakeboat
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-14-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
THANKS, Timmy! (timmyb) http://www.fuelly.com/car/

The website is really cool.
Old     (Thrall)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-15-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
Always thought the 5.3 Colorados were pretty cool and even though it's a bigger engine, bet it doesn't work too hard pushing the smaller truck down the road. 20+mpg on the highway I'd think.
In your used/$10-15k budget I don't think you'll find much that tows well, 4wd and gets good (20+) mileage. For that you're looking at the newer Rams with MDS or Ecoboost. Might find some good Ram 1500's though around the upper end of your budget with MDS.
BTW, I just purchased our first ever "2nd" vehicle. ALways had 1 primary truck/wifes commuter and my company truck. I did it becasue we're looking for something different and her commutes are now stop and go under 10mi, tight city driving which really isn't conducive to driving a 6 speed Mega Cab. The #'s do not work though.
I've ran the #'s many times and you would have to have a very high mile commute with a very cheap, old, good mileage beater to make it more cost efficient to have 2 vehicles vs 1 tow rig and 1 commuter car.
Got this! Mileage sucks (for a car, 16-17 city/20-21 hiway) but bet it would tow the boat with some helper springs!
Attached Images

Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-18-2012, 5:34 AM Reply   
Here's something very interesting. I just found out that my truck has a 6000lbs towing capacity. I'ts weird, the 2007-2009 Rangers have towing capacities of 2460lbs apparently, but my 2006 Ranger has 6000lbs. This adds even more to my confusion about towing capacity. I was under the impression my truck got around 3800-3900 lbs. I believe I got that impression from an online source, which must have been incorrect. Anyways I guess I assumed that was probably in the ballpark. Lately I had been questioning that rating though. So I looked in the owner's manual last night just out of curiosity (ya this should have been the first place I checked). Anyways, it stated 6000lbs. I also took another look online today and found a couple other sources that stated the same thing:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-p...ity-chart9.htm

I wouldn't push 6000lbs with my truck, but maybe my 5000lbs set up is okay for the little amount of towing I do.

Thoughts?