Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       05-31-2017, 11:20 PM Reply   
geting new interior done looking to update the look of this 20 year old boat. would like to keep it understated but modern. post some pics so I can get ideas. feel free to chime in with color choices.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       06-01-2017, 6:24 AM Reply   
Buy a different boat. You can pour syrup on shiiit,don't make it pancakes.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-01-2017, 7:26 AM Reply   
Those Wake Challengers aren't terrible boats. As long as you get them cheap.

I owned a the direct drive model of that years ago and I'd buy another one if I was looking for a cheap solid boat. But I wouldn't pay more than $10K.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-01-2017, 8:46 AM Reply   
I'd buff/polish the hull and match that color blue, get rid of the green.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-01-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Those Wake Challengers aren't terrible boats. As long as you get them cheap.

I owned a the direct drive model of that years ago and I'd buy another one if I was looking for a cheap solid boat. But I wouldn't pay more than $10K.
this one is actually a maxum same thing as far as I know. I got her cheep.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-01-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
They are the same exact thing. Bayliner was Red and the Maxum was that blue/green.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-01-2017, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
I'd buff/polish the hull and match that color blue, get rid of the green.
that first photo looks a bit blue due to oxidation. the hull has a bit of green in it. I'll probably match as close as possible and get rid of the two tone. or match that gray/beige color. is diamond stitching still cool?
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-01-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
They are the same exact thing. Bayliner was Red and the Maxum was that blue/green.
yea read that they are similar to Mastercraft of that era. actually ran in to a same year 225 vrs and liked the maxum better.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2017, 9:32 AM Reply   
do white or very light grey with lt blue piping color matched to the stripe on hull
I'd get rid of the accent panels on the seat backs, will just add expense and doesn't add value. keep the sunpad a solid color.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-01-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
do white or very light grey with lt blue piping color matched to the stripe on hull
I'd get rid of the accent panels on the seat backs, will just add expense and doesn't add value. keep the sunpad a solid color.
Why do you recommend a single colour sunpad.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-01-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Cost..
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-01-2017, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
with the sun pad being one piece. I thinking it's to much area to leave plane.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-01-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
so far I'm leaning on keeping the same except being 3 panel two color and white instead of four with two white panels. or have the one color and white two pannel with diamond stitch on white back and white seat base with color on knee bolster.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2017, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cost..
that and sunpad designs like that thankfully died in the 90s. Mine's solid white and wouldn't have it any other way.

Max, it's your boat, do whatever you want

Last edited by denverd1; 06-01-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-01-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
that and sunpad designs like that thankfully died in the 90s. Mine's solid white and wouldn't have it any other way.

your defiantly right about the design looks dated thanks for pointing it out. maybe do the bolster towards the cabin in color and either the center diamond or the outer two sections in diamond
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-02-2017, 4:30 AM Reply   
Max I gotta say I like the boat . My buddy just bought a maxum 210ss like yours and is really looking forward to using it. He had to get a new trailer for it and we are in the process of fixing some of the vinyl
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-02-2017, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:

I think the sunpad design looks pretty similar to some of the new Nautiques.

I'd personally keep the sun pad design, it's part of the character of the boat. I say that but I'm getting my sun pad updated on my Super Sport and I've gone all white. I get the boat back tomorrow and I'll post a pic for you to decide if all white works or not.

On my Sport Nautique my Vinyl was teal and I replaced it with a light blue but my hull is all white besides a thin teal stripe, so I felt the colour change was less obvious here is a pic of the boat on on with the two colors of vinyl.

I don't have the vinyl in the boat yet so haven't decided if I like they way it looks yet.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-02-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnfightsvn View Post
Max I gotta say I like the boat . My buddy just bought a maxum 210ss like yours and is really looking forward to using it. He had to get a new trailer for it and we are in the process of fixing some of the vinyl
I love mine I think it's a rad boat for the money I'll have into it when I'm done. when i picked it up ran like **** so got it dirt cheep. did compression and leak down tests and only needed a tune up. I was ready to swap in a lq4.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-02-2017, 11:29 PM Reply   
played around in photoshop today
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-03-2017, 11:52 AM Reply   
some more photo shopName:  d_preview.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  65.2 KB
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-03-2017, 2:21 PM Reply   
I feel like if you really want to update the interior you would want to be rid of the teal or green whatever you care to call it. If you go something like black or silver vinyl in those areas I think it would look much better. I personally am a fan of the carbon fiber look vinyl, and I plan to use it when I redo my own boat. But that's really up to you if you like that style.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-03-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdarx View Post
I feel like if you really want to update the interior you would want to be rid of the teal or green whatever you care to call it. If you go something like black or silver vinyl in those areas I think it would look much better. I personally am a fan of the carbon fiber look vinyl, and I plan to use it when I redo my own boat. But that's really up to you if you like that style.
that's the problem with owning a teal boat nouthing matches except teal. I've seen photos of the carbon vinal and might do the diamond panels in it
Old     (prowake)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-03-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
I would do white and gray

gray carpet

gray patches or vinyl

teal accent beads
Old     (Mazdarx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-03-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
Black goes with everything though. The other bonus with the carbon fiber vinyl is that it's supposed to be really durable.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-03-2017, 5:00 PM Reply   
That's my old boat man I put a lot of money into it I'm glad to see it still being used��
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-03-2017, 6:47 PM Reply   
Put whatever color you want in it and then get a wrap for it to match
Old     (GSXRcrasher)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-04-2017, 10:55 PM Reply   
I have the Bayliner version of that boat and had my upholstery replaced when I first bought it. The upholstery shop recommended going to a single piece of vinyl on all of the seat base tops and not using any piping anywhere. They said that the seams on the tops of the seat bases are always the first to fail. I am glad that I took their advice. Mine is holding up well and I think it looks less dated without the piping. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about getting a good surf wake out of that thing. I have mine dialed in pretty well.
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       06-04-2017, 11:28 PM Reply   
Ok so this thread hits home for me. When my first daughter was born we ended up selling our Wake boat and left the lake scene for a couple of years. I wanted a boat that I could get cheap and fix up. I picked up a bank repo '97 Mariah. I hated the color but it was cheap and in really good mechanical condition. I could handle the outside color, but the green carpet and dash had to go. I went with tan since tan goes well with green. Hope some of these pics help.
Attached Images

Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       06-04-2017, 11:32 PM Reply   
Here are some after pics. Two boats later I'm back in a great Wake boat but that green boat got us back to the water. The real kicker is I was in the boat for $5500 when I sold it for $9000.
Attached Images

Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-04-2017, 11:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRcrasher View Post
I have the Bayliner version of that boat and had my upholstery replaced when I first bought it. The upholstery shop recommended going to a single piece of vinyl on all of the seat base tops and not using any piping anywhere. They said that the seams on the tops of the seat bases are always the first to fail. I am glad that I took their advice. Mine is holding up well and I think it looks less dated without the piping. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about getting a good surf wake out of that thing. I have mine dialed in pretty well.
have any photos?
Old     (GSXRcrasher)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-05-2017, 7:29 AM Reply   
I don't have any good interior photos. I'll take some next time I get out on the lake.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2017, 4:49 AM Reply   
hyperryd how did you change the color of the dash. Boat looks great.
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       06-06-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
It was a spray upholstery dye. I was a little worried that it would rub off easy, but I had it for 3 years with no issues. It's funny when I look back at the pics and see how bad the gold bezels looked on the green (of course everything looks bad on a green dash) and how they really matched the tan. The thought of pulling the dash and gauges was intimidating at first but if you just label each set of wires it was really simple. Oh yeah I forgot about the cassette holder. Lol
Attached Images

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2017, 4:50 AM Reply   
Do you have a link or product name?
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       06-13-2017, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sorry, I've been out of town the last week. I picked up the spray at our local upholstery supply house.
Name:  IMG_7478.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  139.9 KB
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-15-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
interior is out of the boat and the shop sent some renderings. doing to take votes. piping will be light or dark gray maybe green to match boat
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-15-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
cabin
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-15-2017, 11:52 AM Reply   
engine cover
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-16-2017, 7:15 AM Reply   
diagonal pattern is cool. I would't go crazy with it. I like engine cover pic 5
lt gray and white on cabin, no diagonal there, but thats just me.

gonna look great
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-16-2017, 8:35 PM Reply   
Only thing I would say....the more seams you have, the quicker it will fail. The seams and stitch ALWAYS fail first where people step.
Gonna look really good tho. I really like the diamond stitch that Tige boats have, think one of those variations will look great on sundeck, may want to keep diamond to sides of sundeck so people move down the middle.