Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-11-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
Watch out that this doesn't happen to you G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_fUmx-HI0Q&feature=PlayList&p=26A2F90117ABC1BA&playnext= 1&playnext_from=PL&index=59
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-11-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
Plhorn,

Thanks! That just gave me a big belly laugh for sure. Watch some of those fish actually hit that guy in the head, LOL! I wish I knew more about where and what that was.

And of course, my complements to G for making a first class setup, as usual.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-11-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Those are Asian Flying Carp, probably on the IL river. Just youtube asian flying carp...
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-11-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
That video was either shot in brasil, or some Brazilians in IL.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-15-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
H2O Pro,

The Shadow-Caster LED's are available till the 28th of this month at a special price of $499.00 for all colors offered with the 20' cable.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old     (markoranovich)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-30-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
G - the real test is seeing those lights in super clear water like Tahoe or Fallen Leaf.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-31-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
Wow, that's pretty neat. The only "improvement" I can think of is to make it Powerwedge style so that you could wakesurf behind it. I say "improvement" because you don't wakesurf.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-31-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Mark: Fallen Leaf, Where is this lake @. I was gonna make a trip to Cherry lake off of 120 up to Yosemite to see some real clear water. I had heard story's of 70 feet visability.
Tahoe would be pretty awesome.
David: Wakesuf speed's don't seem to affect the light bar I say seem because it has not broken off LOL.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
I was thinking powerwedge just for more bling effect (as if it didn't have enough already)

I thought of some other improvements, which I'm sure are overkill-

1) double stack them
2) where Collin suggested welding a plate, do so and add two more LEDs that point straight down

That very last pic that you posted is so picture perfect. It's perfect distribution with no gaps whatsoever. Job well done.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-01-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
SICK! Should have them dim to music!
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Grant, how did this turn out after a yr or so of using? I want to build something similar to this Dont want to infring on your idea but this is awesome.. Or if you would be interested in building something close to this for my Supra SSV24 shoot me a price...
Old     (big_un)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Grant,
Do you have any more of that aluminum bar left? I want to fab up a bar like that. I have two Shadowcasters, and really like your idea. I want to make mine in a slight 'V' shape. Where did you order the through hull fitting, and did you just wire the lights all in to one cable? My boat has a dedicated circuit for underwater lights.

Thanks, and great job!
Mike

shagit007@aol.com
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2010, 11:04 PM Reply   
LED's are alot like cocaine. You only have a problem, when you are out of money........
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-27-2010, 4:42 AM Reply   
That is insane.....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
I bought the 20 foot Piece from a place called Tacko Metal's. West Marine is a dealer for them so I bout the Aluminum from them at West Marine. And Yes I have some left over. Let me know how much you think you will need.
I got the Aqua Signal waterproof connection from West Marine also
Matt: Your not infring on my Idea. The reason for posting it was to share it with people,Go for it. After a Year or more of use I wouldn't change anything about the design or build.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-17-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Sick! Great install and design!
Old     (992envy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-21-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Grant you don't by chance have the dimensions of your light bar as well as the angles for those of us who don't have access to a pool? Thanks, great tech write up!
Old     (dhcomp1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-29-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Passed this guy on the freeway on Saturday! Funny to recognize the light bar first....

Looks good!
Old     (dhcomp1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-27-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
Immediately recognized your light bar when i pulled up behind your boat on the freeway a couple months ago.

Good work!
Old     (SylvesterHarvey)      Join Date: May 2013       05-26-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I am about to get started on my next project. I wanna make a Light Bar that holds my transome underwater LED's. I decided to go with the Shadow Caster SC10's LED lights. I wanna make a Bar so I can mount all 3 of them. The idea is to make a bar that attaches to my factory swim platform brakets. All three lights will attach to the light bar and mount so the light in not just shooting straight back but also to the side's of the boat. I wanted the light to shine all around the back of the boat in a 180 degree pattern. Here is a quick sketch of what I was thinking.
Awesome stuff. I am so glad you have shared entire process with pics. It does help a lot. I would love to get new led lights and get it done ASAP
Old     (SylvesterHarvey)      Join Date: May 2013       05-26-2013, 10:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvesterHarvey View Post
Awesome stuff. I am so glad you have shared entire process with pics. It does help a lot. I would love to get new led flashlights and get it done ASAP
Hello man do you know reliable online store to purchase led lights?