Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-03-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Just wanted to inform everyone that Capital Water Sports is closing their doors. No, not a rumor any more and they are not filing for bankruptcy. Just closing their doors in July 2009 or later. Depending upon what they have sell still.

1) The pro shop is having a 50% off all items sale
2) They sell Tige and Sanger boats for the wakeboarding crowd. There are definitely some sales to be had on a Tige RZ2 and a Tige 22Ve boat.

RZ2 going for $45k with trailer and $40k for the 22Ve.. I don't know about the Sanger and the prices for them but call them to find out (916) 636-0000
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-03-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update David. I was meaning to go drool over the new Sangers again.
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-03-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
What about the Boat shop that is tom Place to. Will it Stay or is It going to go to
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-03-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
I have heard that the Boat Shop is going away too. Has a sign outside that says "we quit". Both buildings are for sale. Not too many places left in this area. This economy is brutal.
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-03-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Well I know that california marine sports is still going centurionn,nautiquie,blue water,and much more have lots of bank repo. And very cool people to work with
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-03-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
Anyone know how American Power sports is doing?

http://www.sacboats.com/
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-03-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
Nooooo! Best of luck to everyone, especially Patrick and Clarice in service.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-04-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
That's unfortunate. I hate to see another dealer close their doors and more people lose jobs. Wakeking, you just have to make these self-indulgent sales pitches for your store at every opportunity don't you. We call that spam on here. It's getting old.
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-04-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
no deltadave. You seem to to get up in all of the bis. i am sorry if you fill like you are a spam king anyways . well sorry to hear that tom closeing his doors. It suck to see all of the boat dealer going out.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-04-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
There service department will be open until Tom officially closes the door (sometime in July is what I heard). Now, that is if the service department can continue to pay the salaries of their mech's. So, if you have work to be done, give them a call to get your boat in and keep these guys active.

Pat, Clarice, and Thomas are a great bunch.

Fine Print: I am not hired by CWS at all and do this to help out fellow wake members on this board.

Wakeking and Dave, please let's keep this to the subject matter. Thanks...
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-04-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
Wakeking. No I'm not the spam king. It's just that everytime I see one of your posts you're promoting your business and making a sales pitch. The only other guy that I call out about it is Dan Dulong of Wakecraft. Dabell: oppps! My bad. That's unfortunate about CWS, it's a tough time and economy for many. Maybe somthing will turn around or change for them.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-05-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
I talked with Tom yesterday and he is done. Totally done. Selling the building and packing it up. Justin is right about the Boat Shop and Tom hasn't announced that yet but from what I understood from Tom, he is just getting out of the marine industry all together.

Bad Economy and lack of water in NorCal = business' going south :-(
Old     (spyderwinches)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-05-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
Unfortunate about the boat shop alot of dealers going out. I have had alot of luck working with San Ramon Boat Center both in Rocklin and San Ramon, they have a great sales and service departments and they have been around for 37 years and arnt going anywhere. ive bought two boats from them, they do great job.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-07-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
There are tons of dealers going out of business in NorCal. The economy and the lack of water last year did a huge number to the boating market here. :-(

BTW, Tom is still trying to remove boats from his inventory. Call him and see what he can offer you if you want a boat. I don't think any reasonable offer would be refused IMO.
Old     (oakley84)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-08-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
sad news for CWS, Sac area is in a tough economic situation. they've been around a while, hope when things come around they'll be back. if i were in the area and in the market for a new boat i'd call him. good luck, man. ;0