Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-01-2015, 12:15 PM Reply   
We've got over 80 auctions going now and we'll be adding a few more to put us over 100 by the end of Thursday. Buy something as a gift of buy something yourself, but help us out with some bids on some of these amazing products from our generous sponsors!! Just click here to see everything we have to offer and check back later in the week for even more. And be sure to show plenty of love to all these awesome companies that provided the gear for this year's auctions!

Last edited by wakeworld; 12-03-2015 at 5:04 PM.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-01-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
Awesome to be a part of the annual Wakeworld Toys for Tots drive!

-Zack @ Boat Bling
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-03-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
whats with the $140.00 shipping on the Slingshot boards? is that a mistake?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-03-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
Did you click on the shipping link and look at all the options? It appears that it chooses one of the "expedited" options as the default, so it's really expensive. If you choose UPS ground, it's reasonable. Let me know if that doesn't work.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-03-2015, 2:59 PM Reply   
Ok, we just added another batch of items to the auction list. These will be five-day auctions so that they will end with the rest of them on Tuesday. There's a limited edition Slingshot Nomad from Marine Products, a Byerly board and bindings autographed by Scott Byerly, Lessons from Freedom Wake Park and Orlando Watersports Complex and GoPro accessories and memory cards from Delkin. If you don't bid, please pass the links around!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-03-2015, 3:31 PM Reply   
For those of you that bid on the Slingshot Nomad, I had to cancel it and relist it because I called it a 'Rome' in the description. Yes, I'm dumb.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-03-2015, 5:06 PM Reply   
...and I just added two 2015 Ronix Bandwagon ATR (XL) wakeboards, so go buy one (or both)!!
Old     (crimson850)      Join Date: Feb 2015       12-06-2015, 12:57 AM Reply   
Thank you for this awesome auction of great products for an even better cause!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2015, 12:43 PM Reply   
I would like to take a moment to thank David once again. I have put many things like this together and it is HARD. Nobody wants to help and nobody wants to donate. It takes tireless efforts for all of it. Even with lots of the nonsense on the site due to just a few bad apples, the site is awesome and Dave does a great job. I appreciate having a home for all of our wake needs and a guy that shares in our passions.

Thank you Dave and happy holidays to you all.
Old     (crimson850)      Join Date: Feb 2015       12-08-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Thanks David for a great auction, Congrats to whoever got the wet sounds amp at the last minute! Great deal on all!
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-09-2015, 3:44 AM Reply   
It would be interesting to see how many people from the site actually won items...

I won the MD's.
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2015, 4:59 AM Reply   
I won the Jobe Maddox. Tried to grab a few other items but missed out.
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       12-09-2015, 7:19 AM Reply   
I bid on a few different items but got outbid on everything. Regardless very cool thing to do an awesome job to David for doing this. I have also done a few things like this and it takes a lot of man hours.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       12-09-2015, 8:06 AM Reply   
I grabbed the Howl Bindings, Hyperlite Kruz board signed by Rusty & Kruz (love this), green Proline and the XL Slingshot vest. I am thoroughly set for next year. ha

Also super glad someone sniped the Slingshot Shredtown with 2 seconds left in the auction. Bid on wayy too much stuff. haha
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2015, 8:29 AM Reply   
I won several items - DVDs and cleaning supplies.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-09-2015, 9:44 AM Reply   
I grabbed a few things so far... bidding on a few more still...
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-09-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
the dvds shocked me on how high they went after sitting so low all day.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2015, 6:50 PM Reply   
Congrats to the winners!

We donate a lot of product throughout the year for events, promos, etc and the annual Wakeworld charity auction is always a big hit. David has the process down pat and makes it easy for vendors to get involved.

Zack @ Boat Bling
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       12-09-2015, 8:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the hard work! I won the exile zld but lost out on a handful of other items at the last minute. Two thumbs up!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2015, 6:45 AM Reply   
Snagged a back-up prop 14.75 x 13 for under $100.00 all in. It may not be the ideal prop for my boat, but it could save a weekend for sure. Thanks WW for the deal and for supporting Toys for Tots.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       12-10-2015, 2:47 PM Reply   
I picked up 3 items and couldn't be happier though I would have paid more for such a great cause. I got the Get-up lesson at O-Dub for my niece, the Wakesurf lesson at Freedom for my wife and a little 2.0 set at Freedom for me. Merry Christmas Wake World!
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-11-2015, 7:30 AM Reply   
I picked up a wakesurf lesson at Freedom. I was the other bidder on the DVDs, and would have paid a bit more, but congrats to Jason on working the bids faster than me into the final seconds.

Overall, I thought the auction was fantastic, and for a great cause. Thanks David for doing an excellent job!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       12-11-2015, 9:12 AM Reply   
I won one of these for a sweet deal! entered my final bid with 3 seconds to go!

Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2015, 1:07 PM Reply   
Yes the auctions have been good for me and I've gotten some good deals on bindings, Amp and speakers, dvds, and wakeboards for my sons. Also, the fact that toys for tots gets help too is great........Merry Christmas.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-11-2015, 4:34 PM Reply   
Thanks to everybody that bid and donated! I sure wish I could have bid on some of those items. I actually tried bidding from my wife's account, but Ebay sent me a warning about shill bidding, so I got scared and jumped out. It was another successful year and I think we got everything paid and shipped faster than we ever have in the past. The final numbers are in and we will head to Walmart tomorrow morning with $8,610.18 to spend. We can usually only spend $5,000 or $6,000 before the trucks are full and we donate the rest in cash at our local Toys for Tots drive. Hopefully, it's not raining. I just got done filling out my BIG check!!

Name:  Check.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  60.5 KB
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-13-2015, 6:15 AM Reply   
I won the PTM Edge mirror a D it is my 2nd year of winning something... I wish I had snagged the CTI brace, but probably really don't NEED it.... It did go for a steal... Thanks again to David for all the work he does for the auction... And just keeping the site up and running... I don't get on as much as I once did, but back in 2008-2009 when I was unemployed, this place was like my home and helped me keep my sanity when I was going through a tough time.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-14-2015, 2:48 PM Reply   
I won the Nomad Slingshot also the Agenda Surf pads and a sd card for my go pro. Should have my Nomad tomorrow and the Agenda surf pads later this week. Super stoked,
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-14-2015, 4:39 PM Reply   
David, could you please contact me about my auction win... I can figure out how to PM you