Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
Let's get some pictures going!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
Photos by Walt
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Oops...except for the sequence which is by DPC Films
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
Photos by Walt, unless Watermarked by SpringBok Designs
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
more
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
More by SpringBok
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
SpringBok photos
Attached Images

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-14-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
Very nice Walt! Especially the Robbie Culp photo!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-14-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
the 4th pic down from the top - directly below the 360 sequence shot - is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$(MONEY)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
^^^^ agreed^^^
Awesome pics looked like a awesome time.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. That is the same trick as the 360 sequence. Jason Callen. Shot by Walt.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2013, 11:51 AM Reply   
did Randall ride this year?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
Yes he did. He had a pretty good set. He didn't get a hold of his DU tricks the way he normally does though. The water was rough and really hard to ride.

Rusty was a beast. He landed a toe 9, back 7, and came really close on a couple of 10s. He got best trick.

Chad won biggest with his Indy Glide which can be seen above.

Trevor Maur got best crash. He and Mike Dowdy both took a beating.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Yes he did. He had a pretty good set. He didn't get a hold of his DU tricks the way he normally does though. The water was rough and really hard to ride.

Rusty was a beast. He landed a toe 9, back 7, and came really close on a couple of 10s. He got best trick.

Chad won biggest with his Indy Glide which can be seen above.

Trevor Maur got best crash. He and Mike Dowdy both took a beating.
hahaha, thats awesome. looking forward to seeing some videos pop up!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-14-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Not gonna lie, I liked the pic of the PWC towing the Tomcat...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-14-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
CIE, if the event has gotten to be this big, why dont you pull a permit or something to limit the boat traffic to cut down on the crappy conditions? Is it not possible? I had heard the conditions were horrible more than once. Another thing, Do you guys plan on doing more events or is this the only one going forward? We could use more events like yours in CA to attract the pro riders. Thanks for having this event year after year, you guys are good at it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-14-2013, 2:23 PM Reply   
We're discussing these things now.

I'm not sure if the permits to control the water can be had. It would require blocking the residents from using the lake. It's a very small lake with only one channel.

This year the water was much worse because of the nice weather. It was 90 and still, which we thought was a blessing......until every boat on the lake came out to enjoy it. Turn out 75 degrees and a light wind is better!

With respect to another event....I'm not sure it's possible for a couple of reasons. We all have day jobs, and SR adds a lot of work to our already busy lives. There's also the matter of funding.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-14-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
One boat there for the competition kept cruising out in the middle of the course during the INT comp on Friday too... Ain't gonna lie - that was pure disrespect.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-14-2013, 2:35 PM Reply   
That is some serious air
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-14-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
Wow that event is getting huge and awesome shots! I spent most my summers growing up on Bass Lake and my buddies cabin is right next to where they hold the contest. The only time you will see calm water on that lake is at 7:59 in the morning when every boat is trolling past the 5mph zone waiting for 8 oclock and their 5 minutes of glass. Better grab the jet skis and tubes after that haha. I believe it's one of the few lakes that also requires each boat to have a "Bass Lake" permit. You can't just put your boat in the water and go, at least you couldn't then. So cool to see events like this getting so big and Bass Lake, regardless of chop, is just a fun lake to be at. Looks like you did great with the contest CIE definitely worth looking into the permits or even going down and talking to the sheriffs about blocking it off and make a 5mph zone in front of the pines so boats can still go up the shore line and get to their docks.
Old     (Springbok)      Join Date: May 2010       05-14-2013, 9:43 PM Reply   
Here is a non Facebook Link of the lifestyle images I shot of Spring Ride...
http://springbokdesigns.smugmug.com/...9044603_8hs9vv
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-14-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
What Kinda Angle Are You Driving Into Those Double ups? 90? 75? 60? Also What Was The General speed And Length?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-14-2013, 11:14 PM Reply   
Tooooo much fun for teh web! Great pics!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-14-2013, 11:14 PM Reply   
Oh man what a weekend. Thanks for throwing yet again another amazing spring ride boys!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-15-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
Dave,

The lake is different in the Spring. The water is usually not bad, and the boating permits are not required.

DC, the angle of the double up is rider preference. We drive them however they want.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-15-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
In those first few shots those guys are showing up on radar they are so high. Damn.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
I've been wanting to make it to this event for years but Mother's Day and younger kids prevented it. This year I made it thanks to the INT event on Friday. My stepson rode in it and his brother, my wife and I had ringside seats from our balcony in the hotel and on the dock for two glorious days. Ya, the water was rough and some riders really had trouble avoiding the rollers that were everywhere but the atmosphere was pure fun and nothing like any other tournament I've been to. Saw a lot of West Coast Camps friends there and met some new ones. Big props to CIE for putting this on. I can't wait until next year so I can bring my boat. I don't know if only 4 REV 10s and no LEDS or stripper pole will be good enough to get a slip but we'll try anyway.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
Here's a couple from my camera

photo SR13Callen.jpg

photo SR13LT.jpg