Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-04-2014, 6:30 AM Reply   
Since the season is about to start up finally for us, does anyone ride the hiwassee river? Plan to build a rail and table on the upper end of the hiwassee. But looking to see if anyone is game to start riding, we usually do 50/50 wakeboard and surf.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-04-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
Also plan to tow up to Norris lake, lenoir city, watts bar, and parksville lake this summer.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-04-2014, 11:43 AM Reply   
I live in SC but love to camp on different lakes. Do you have any good spots you can recommend? I tent camp with a regular tent or the one that sets up in the bed of my truck.

Thanks
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-04-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
At watts bar there is:
http://www.hornsbyhollowcampground.com
Watts bar dam I believe has a campground

Hiwassee has:
Bbmarina.com (they say they have campgrounds, it's not the best looking place but if your into wakeboarding it has miles of smooth water! I live on the hiwassee river and it has awesome quality water up river)
I know of a semi private campground on the other side of the river from b an b marina that I can probably get you into (gfs family has a camper there)

Parksville lake is also a national forest, been told it has super clean water and is nice to boat at.
http://www.wecamphere.com/Campground...l.aspx?C1=6919

Let me know if you decide to come this way an camp I know of one place also to camp at over on watts bar lake that you get there by boat, parksville lake I've been considering taking a tent an camping out up there this season as well. Then in July center hills lake 18-20 if I remember correctly wake fest is going on an it's south east of Nashville.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-06-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
Nick, let me know if and when you come down to Lenoir City. We predominantly ride Melton Hill since it is a 15 minute drive from my house.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-06-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Nick, let me know if and when you come down to Lenoir City. We predominantly ride Melton Hill since it is a 15 minute drive from my house.
Will do, have you started boarding yet?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-06-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230Nick View Post
Will do, have you started boarding yet?
No. The water is almost warm enough. It is 62 @ ft loudon. We went out yesterday to do some function testing on the ballast bags I installed earlier this week. I need to go check out Melton Hill Dam. It is usually about the same temp as Ft Loudon in the Turkey Creek area.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-06-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
Water temp on the hiwassee is 58 today
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-10-2014, 5:54 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info! I will be looking into it and let you know if I come up.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-10-2014, 8:11 AM Reply   
Water temp was 63 on Sunday last weekend. It should be a little bit warmer this weekend. Hit me up if anyone wants to come ride. I will probably be out on Ft. Loudoun on Saturday and Sunday.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-12-2014, 7:30 AM Reply   
I'm gonna take mine out this afternoon on the hiwassee.

Raymond, how far is hiwassee lake from you? I'm wanting to tow out there an camp one weekend
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-14-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
BB Marina is right at 5 hours. I normally drive up to 3 hours to camp so 5 isn't that bad. I would definitely do a thur-sun deal so I can drive Thursday and have 2 good days.

I would need a place I can camp and leave the boat in the water as my new tent I am trying this year uses the bed of the truck. Most places I stay are waterfront. Do you know if their sites are? Worse case I could pick up a cheap 2 man tent.