Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakelite33)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-13-2015, 1:57 PM Reply   
so i know im getting a 142, thats settled. I opted out of the timbomb, b/c i'll be spending $275 on bindings, so, if i can keep the whole package under $600, i'm good to go. Now i am debating between the Modello and ATR. I've watched and read everything i could on these boards and now would just like to hear some personal opinions on them.

The main thing that i have come across between the two is that the ATR has an extra layer in the middle to make it stiffer for rails. I've never been to a cable park but would like to try it hopefully this year. Realistically, the nearest cable park in 5 hours away, so maybe 5 times in 10 years i'll go, which is pushing me towards the Modello.

Thoughts on performance? Have you rode them? Likes/Dislikes?

Thanks all!
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-13-2015, 4:54 PM Reply   
I have not been on an ATR, so I'm pulling info out of my a$$... but my understanding is the benefit to an ATR is entirely focused on rails. If you don't hit rails and don't need the more durable bottom surface, save the money and get a Modello. You should be able to keep the package below $600 no problems if you don't mind last years (or 2 years ago) graphics. You can often find Modelos for as low as $200. Bindings never get discounted as much and are difficult to find for less than $250. Try the outlet section at evo.com. I bet you can piece together a Modello and bindings for closer to $500. If you're not in a hurry it seems every few months they'll run a big sale, plus the longer you wait the cheaper 2013 equipment will get.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2015, 5:39 PM Reply   
Fwiw, I have a boat only 2013 modello if be willing to give you for 150. Pm if interested, if not no worries
Old     (wakelite33)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-13-2015, 6:38 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I hear ya on the rail part, I'll probably never go haha, if i do, it will just be to screw around. prob. piece together the modello. no thanks on the 2013, i'm set on the 2014, appreciate it though!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2015, 10:04 PM Reply   
No stress man! Happy shopping!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-15-2015, 4:05 PM Reply   
Matt-

The ATR will have the sintered base which will make it a little more resistant to sliders than your standard base on the board. They're also just a little stiffer to give you some more snap off the wake if you're charging it. They may also slice a minute amount of weight out of it.

If you're focused on boat and wake, I'd stick to the standard… if you may beat on some rails, not a bad thing to have the ATR.