Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakegymnast)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-18-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
Hi I'm new
I basically made an account on here because I have a question!!
I'm wanting a new board for xmas and so far I like the 2012 Ronix Quarter Til Midnight.. But it only comes in a 134 length, and I'm a 108lb teenager... Typically, i like a board that's on the smaller side (right now I'm on a 125! But it's really little on me and I don't like it!) .. and let's be honest, I love the graphics on the QTM ...
I'd describe myself as an intermediate rider I think??? (I have my tantrum and 180's... my 360 is almost/sometimes there :P)...
Any suggestions for boards? Any of you use the ronix qtm?
Sorry if this is a dumb question or it's the wrong place for it!!
Old     (VLX_Fixation)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-18-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
Welcome. Sorry cant answer ur ?? About the atm bc i ride the lf Shane but this is EXACTLY the place for that question. Lol good luck and keep charging!!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-18-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
I just got my wife the 2013 QTM with the new One boots and she absolutely loves it. She rode the 2011 QTM (same shape as the 2012) for about a year and a half and will continue to ride it at the cable park.

The 2013 is a new shape and is a lot lighter and thinner. The channels underneath it cause you to ride higher in the water with less drag.

My wife said it was night and day better and it's easy for me to notice in her riding. The board has a lot more pop and she seems to have a little better control.

She is 5' 7 1/2" and 130lbs and rides the 135. It also comes in a 132 which sounds like it might be perfect for you.

If you can swing it, I think the 2013 is a much nicer board. I think the graphics on this board is one of the best I've seen. It looks awesome in the sun.

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-19-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
I rode the QTM in 2011 behind the boat and on cable because it had a sintered base (the district did not). It is a very easy board to ride. It doesn't have much drag, it is very forgiving and the pop is consistent. I couldn't recommend this shape enough. Especially to female rider looking to improve.

As for the size, I would call it a perfect fit. By most charts, it is probably a little big, but if you are learning you basic inverts, that extra size will really give you stability to improve fast. I learned 10-15 inverts in one summer. I was about 115lbs and was riding a 142! Also, if you look a most girl riders, they are about your size and none of them are riding anything smaller than a 130+. Dallas is tiny and she rides a 137cm last I saw.
Old     (wakegymnast)      Join Date: Nov 2012       11-19-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
I'd never seen the 2013 QTM before.. what genius thought of a sparkly wakeboard?! love it! ..& If it rides better than I definitely want it
Thanks everybody!!
Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-19-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Just like @skiboarder wrote, it's gonna ok for you I'd always go for a bigger board.

btw...I wonder how it's gonna ride, since it has Will's shape instead of District's.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-19-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
I ride the 2012 Ronix QTM; size 134 weigh 150 and rode just fine. I will be purchasing the 2013 soon.

QTM is a great board and Ronix is a fab company!