Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-05-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
I want to use Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro and just wondering what is the best way to get Windows XP on the cheap? Thanks!
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-05-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
Usually buying a new hard drive with a Windows install and licence is the cheapest way. Not sure how easy it would be to find XP these days though. I know you can still get new machines with XP though so it might be out there.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-05-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Pirate Bay? My buddy got a copy of Windows 7 for as cheap as you can (FREE).
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-06-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
I like FREE! Anything I should look out for? I know I need Windows XP SP2. Do I just burn the file to a disc and then use it to install? Thanks
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-06-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Not sure why you would want XP instead of Win7.

If you want a suggestion that doesn't involve stealing, and you have access to a .edu email address you qualify to get windows 7 for $29.99

Google "microsoft ultimate steal" to get office and windoze for cheap.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-07-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
I will only be using Windows for a couple of programs and rarely at that. I figured XP would take up less hard drive space than Windows 7. I will be using Mac OS 98% of the time.
Old     (rsanchez)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-10-2010, 10:50 PM Reply   
I prefer vmware fusion, definitely worth the $100. I run it with windows vista on my macpro flawlessly, never ever had a problem and much easier to deal with. As far as getting it cheap, plenty of other good suggestions in this thread . If all else fails, find a friend that's a college student and get them to hook it up...
Old     (WakeUKY)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-11-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Adam, I sent you a message on facebook. I've got ya.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
I can get a copy to you this weekend if you still need it.