Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       07-30-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
Going out with my buddy on his V210, im bringing 2 400 fat sac's to go along with his factory ballast, where should i put them?
in a line down the middle one all the way to the back seat and one all the way to the front?
let me know guys
thanks
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-30-2009, 11:44 PM Reply   
Definately one in the drivers seat, and the other on the tower...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-31-2009, 12:01 AM Reply   
fyi, that boat likes a lot of weight up front.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-31-2009, 4:11 AM Reply   
Yeah the boat does like a lot of weight up front. I would put one in the floor in the front and the other on the floor in front of the back seat.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-31-2009, 5:41 PM Reply   
with the sanger I had we would put 1 400lb each side of the motor,1000 lb on the back seat, 400 lb in the center of the boat, and 600lb in the bow
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2009, 10:20 PM Reply   
Here is what I have....

-(14) Pop bags = 560#
-(1) 400# ski locker sack
-(2) Custom 250# sacks that go in the front of each locker along side the motor.
-(2) 12"x12"x48" (200#) cabin sacks (dont always use them)
-About 250# of stereo gear

Here is how I have it set up:
-(10) pop bags up front always. By 'up front' ...I mean 4 bags wedged into the very front under the center seat. The other 6 bags are spread out under the other two seats. Not much storage room left up front. It's all pop bags.
-The 400# sack is in the ski locker...always full.
-The stereo gear is under the dash, and in front of the observer chair.
-In total...that puts about 1050# in the front of the boat.
-I have the remaining (4) pop backs in front of the back bench seat...to trim the wake side to side.
-I keep the custom sacks in the front of of the side lockers full.
-That puts #660 in the rear of the boat.
-Total = 1710#....with a 400# bias to the front.

With 5 or more people...this is the way I run it. I don't add any more weight (cabin sacks). Last Fri...we had 6 people on the boat...and if too many people sat toward the bench seat...the wake was too steep, and started to curl over at the speeds we pull (23 max). Also...with this weight...you could not pull much less than 21.5 at anything close to a normal rope. It would curl/wash out.

-With 4 people..I will add one cabin sack. I put it right beside the driver...the front just at the walkway. Basically center of the boat.

-With only 3 people...I might fill both the cabin sacks. It just firms things up with only 3 in the boat...and makes riding consistently much easier. One is a must...two is better...but sometimes I get tired of filling sacs.

My winter project will be to plumb it all so I can fill and drain faster.

Again..the fastest I currently ride is 23. At that speed, weight limits are as follows:
5+ riders = 1700#
4 riders = 1900#
3 riders = 2100#.

Add any more weight than this...and you have to pull 24 or faster. Move more weight to the front to keep the wake more rampy...and the boat gets too wet.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
If you weight a 210 like Scott says...you will have to pull 25+...or the wake will be too steep and wash out. That is way to much rear bias.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-31-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
you are wrong....the wake gets steep and dose not wash out..I just wish I was good enough for the steep wakebut it is still fun..We ran the boat at 22-23.5

(Message edited by sherman on July 31, 2009)
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-01-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
ok for the prime v210 wake here it is
900lbs of lead 2 40lb bags in each back compartment and 4 backs up front
fill the stock center ballast
put a 250lb sac in the bow walk way
put a 500 lb sac across the bow
and put a 500lb sac on each side of the engine
then about 4-5 riders = PRIME STEEP AND SOLID!!
be careful on the turns
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2009, 12:10 AM Reply   
Well...I guess every V210 is not the same. Either that...or I have more mystery weight in my boat than I have accounted for. Like I said...last time I was out...I had 6 people in the boat...and the wake was rolling over a little too far forward. I had a few people sit further forward...say about 2 feet...and that fixed it.

Of course...that was looking at the wake from the boat. When you put tension on the line and cut it...the rollover moved back about 20'+...so it never effected riding..

How far is your swim step submerged when just idling? Mine is about 3" underwater.

Holy jesus Travis...that is 3000#!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-02-2009, 1:57 AM Reply   
Where is your bow hook when the boat is stationary Brant? We carry around 2k + 5-6 peeps and the platform is only about 1" under and the bow hook is just in the water.
Old    walt            08-02-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   

quote:

fyi, that boat likes a lot of weight up front.

Bingo !
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
so i totaly just found out that while this thread may have been helpful for all you v210 owners...the boat i meant was the 215...probably virtualy the same sac set up...but slightly humorous that I got the model wrong ha...but feel free to continue the V210 talk
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-04-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
Darren,

Today we had 3 people in the boat, 2 while riding. I had all sacs full...which is 2100#. With this set up...the swim step was about 2" under...and the bow ring was fully in the water at idle.

I was just noting that if I put as much bias to the rear as Scott described, in my boat,it will rise at least a few inches in the front, and drop more in the rear. I am completely happy with my wake...and every one who rides raves about it. I just have not had any luck with as much rear bias as Scott described. If I weight it like Scott says...the bow ring will be much higher...and the swim step will be 3" or more under even with only 3 people in the boat. One more thing...I always ride with a full tank of gas.

Mike...too funny that you were not even talking about a 210. I think the 215 is less sensitive to ballast placement than the 210. Great wake though. A little more rampy, less abrupt than the 210 I have heard.

(Message edited by kitewake on August 04, 2009)