Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-04-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for another great time.

Some of my personal highlights:

Meeting, hanging out, and riding with Ricky G, Nick Jones, and Brian Hutton. Also, hanging out and riding with Jared Couch, and Rich (forget his last name) from the Folsom area. Nice meeting you dood.

Seeing CIE Allen get his tricks back and landing in the flats again. Meet and Ride..... This is what Spring ride is all about!

Ricky's Indy Pete Rose off the double up, which we're claiming as a first ever landed in a contest. Stomped it like it was a warm-up trick. Congrats! Ricky took home 3Gs!

The Sunday morning shoot / chase-boat session with Spence, the entire CIE crew, Hutton, Ricky, Jones, CM Slocum, Steve Bates, and the raffle winners.

Shaun Murray's Blind Judges and his Heelside 360, which might have been the biggest trick I have ever seen, period.

Derek Cooks TS BS OA indy 360 (or Batwind to Backside 3) whatever you want to call it, it was giant too. I thought he had it in the bag until Ricky landed that Indy Pete!

Thanks for all the support from the crowd. I love seeing you guys come out of your chairs with excitement. Man they were going big!

Huge thanks to mother nature for smooth water and still warm weather all damn weekend.

Let's get the pictures up!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-04-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Jarrod, Evan, Allan, + others im missing!! Nothing but class! What an awesome event.

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS ON

This was my first Spring Ride and im hooked. The weather, organization and riders are all unreal. GREAT JOB GUYS!!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-04-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
ya derek cooks batwing to bs 360 was the best trick ive ever seen in person. Murrys oa 360 was by far the biggest ive seen. But creativity and style win out with Ricky G, it was awesome to see him stomp it like it was his 1000th time and be so so stoked and running over to his girl and kissing her stomach. He was so pumped! the list of riders was awesome to me because they were some big names, but most of all the up n coming stars, like hutton, and all of the cali guys that you hear about all in one place. Id personally rather see them ride on a big stage like they did than all tour guys. Callen went big, chris williams kgb, bg, tony carrol, aubrey makin his double grabbed 720 look like slow motion. I just wish i had it all on video to watch again. I had a blast and ya the weather was great.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-04-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
deffinately the best event to date. awsome weather and good people there. huge thanks to everyone that made the weekend a great hit. unfortuanately its now recovery time and the first dra is 5 days away.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-04-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
was such a great event. Huge names in wakeboarding and two of the sports legends. it was awesome to be down on the dock with all the riders walking by getting ready to go and our boat was right in front of the double ups. (did take some water over the bow from the bone crusher but it was worth it). shaun and ricky were awesome to talk to. Thanks CIE!
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-04-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
Looking at the pictures is cool but sucks.... I'll make to one, eventually.
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-04-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I have to agree w/ everyone and give a big thanks to CIE,and all the sponsors that made this possible. I had a great time and most importantly I dont remember much of it. Between the keg on the boat, the endless beer bongs, and the "hoo ha's" Fri. and Sat. were a blur. I think im gonna try staying at the resort next year... it gets super cold at night, and the wal mart sleeping bag just wasnt cutting it... yes even drunk. Love the pics guys keep posting (My ass is in the 21'st pic from the top woo hoo !)
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
it was a sick event....i was waaaaaay past drunk friday night...little disappointed I had to bounce saturday after the comp...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
Walt, got any more riding pics that you can post?
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
Upload
Old    walt            05-04-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
J-rod,
I'll see if I can get a few up later.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-04-2008, 10:20 PM Reply   
That's a good-lookin' jersey!!

Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-04-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
Here are a few shots. Some of the double ups were pretty far away, so the quality is not great on some of these, but I thought I'd throw them in anyway....

The weather was just terrible...
Upload
Upload

The Hoffman Epic...
Upload
Upload

Chris Williams...
Upload

Bone Crusher II...
Upload

Rope girl...
Upload

Bone Crusher I...
Upload

Brandon...
Upload

Not sure of this guy's name. Maybe someone can help me out...
Upload
Upload

Flotilla...
Upload

How did Murray get the camera?
Upload

Raequel, Shaun, Nick, Aaron...
Upload

Derek Cook...
Upload

Tony Carrol...
Upload

Good lookin' jersey...
Upload

Aaron Aubrey...
Upload

I'm working hard...
Upload
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-04-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
The name you're not sure of is "King of the Delta," Chris Dykmans.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
...and damn he looks good in that shot.

Thanks Dave. I'm glad I logged on once more tonight. Those shots you took of the riders are sweet. Those guys were going HUGE.

That shot of Williams is brilliant.

I'd like to see a good shot of Murrays 360, but I'm pretty sure someone shooting for magazine status with that one.
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2008, 1:20 AM Reply   
Great Pics....
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hey everyone!!!! Thanks for coming out and supporting us. The weekend was a blast there was a good crowd and I think that everyone had fun. I want to say thanks to all the riders that came out and made the comp what it was. You guys were on a whole new level of BIG. I was killer to see two of the sports legends at our event.

Any ways thanks agian to EVERYONE and well see you next year. Keep the pics comming
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-05-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
Al, Evan, jrod, Billy, you guys put on a bad ass event. That was way fun, we all had a blast, it was def dope to watch everyone go stupid huge. i think we had the best seat in the house from our balcony. watchin dykmans boooooost that first hit was insane, ricky g's the man, but mr murray threw the largest most insane heel 3 ever. d cook with a gnarly batwing to bs 3 was redic. it was sick to be there and to watch everything unfold.
Old    walt            05-05-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Upload
Old    walt            05-05-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-05-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
J-rod & Al,
Check your E-mail.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-05-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, this was a really well-run event. All the CIE guys did a great job and the caliber of riders was crazy!! So much fun to see all the familiar faces. What a great scene you've got in Nor Cal!!

The staff at the hotel/restaurant/bar was top notch and very friendly. Security was tight, but they were all good, reasonable people, so I didn't see any confrontations. That's always refreshing! My only gripe was waiting 20 minutes at the bar for a beer. The house easily could have doubled its bar sales by adding a couple of bartenders on Saturday night.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Looks like it was a proper send off for Tulloch. Wish I could've gone this year.

On a smart arsed note, looks like the white suburban gang signs were in full affect again this year.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Great pics. looks like it was an awesome time.

I love the fact that in one sorta blurry pic you can still pick Grant's boat out, no problem!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-05-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Where are the Chaboya pix?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-05-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
D.Cook is going big in that photo. Looking like a mini Boardstock out there! Looks like it was fun.
Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
whats up everyone, I wanted to say thanks for coming out to the event it was a big turn out and a blast. Allen and ALL the Cie-PeePs Thanks for everything this weekend, the Family had a great time and it was a great feeling to win thats for sure, I have been working hard and training everyday. It was good to see Shaun and Brian throw down, All the riders rode really well and everyone that was watching made it that more exciting to see everyone there supporting us riders.I met a lot of great people this weekend and look forward to next year. Lets keep the pictures coming!

Thanks
Ricky G.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-05-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
where the heck were you al? missed ya out there.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-05-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Ricky, just PM'd you. Check when you get a chance.
Old    walt            05-05-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Ricky G
Upload
Aaron A

Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-05-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
D Cook
Upload

Shaun Murray
Upload
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-05-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (zirb3l)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-05-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
i wish i was there :-(
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Awesome pics guys.... Thanks to everyone that came out and made this weekend what it was. I had a great time. Each year the sponsors, riders, and spectators have helped this event grow. Things went as smoothly as we could have wished. I'm not gonna lie... The weather was a big help, too. We were finally able to see these guys out there boostin' huge dubs. Awesome stuff to see in person.

Be on the lookout for a full writeup with more pics.

Ricky.. Can't thank you enough for coming out. We've been hearing through the grapevine that you've been working on your dubs for the last couple months. I'm glad it payed off. Let us know what the bank says when you roll in with $3k in one dollar bills. Ha, ha, ha.

Honestly, it was probably the biggest thrill in my wakeboarding experience to be able to share a dock (and even better, a boat) with some of wakeboardings biggest O.G.'s. Special thanks to Ricky and Shaun for making it out to our "little" grassroots event.

Also, big thanks to all the other West Coast riders that drive from all over the state and make this thing happen. The level of talent was amazing. Cook, Callen, Brantley, Williams, Aubrey, BG, Dykmans, Caroll, etc (sorry to the guys I'm missing here)... You guys all killed it out there.

Oh, and be on the lookout for Brian Hutton. The kid wrecks shop. Insane watching him from the boat on Sunday morning. He makes wakeboarding look wayyy too easy.

(Message edited by guido on May 05, 2008)
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-05-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
Did Nick Jones ride or was his foot still hurt?
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
Nicks foot is still hurt, He can ride wake but not the dubs. Couldn't have a Spring Ride with out N. Jones, Just wouldn't be right.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-05-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
Riley, that shot of Murray is fricken sweet!!!!!
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-05-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
Wow looks like you guys had a blast! Wish I still lived in Nor Cal. Those guys were going huge!
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
big THANKS to CIE, great party, still feeling it today at work.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
WALT, sorry for the patron drool in you room, but ill have the pic you took of my lady in the front of the boat after you kicked me out.

thanks for the drinks and good times guys.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-05-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Evan, Word on B-Hutt, he will being some noise on the tour this year, and he is a super nice kid. He could use a little more time in the whight room, when I saw him at Wake Games he was looking a little scrawny
Old     (brianbass)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-05-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
GREAT TIME EVERYONE ! To the guys that were dancing on the pole, SAVE THAT CRAP FOR YOUR HSE =) I ONLY WANT TO SEE THE LADIES ON THE POLE !!! ??? GOT BASS ??? www.myspace.com/brianbass1
Old     (spence)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-05-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Great Weekend. Some Of The Action Not Everyone Saw. Early Morning Shoot With Ricky & Raffle Winner.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-05-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
I'm no club-hoppin' fool, but I think that's one of the best DJ's I've ever heard. Those mixes of 80's classics were great! I liked him even more when he put his foot down and kicked the guys off the stripper pole!!
Old     (dmc_napa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
A huge thanks to all the CIE crew, their wives and their dedicated sponsors! What a fun time had by all.

What a show by all the riders! They absolutely killed it with huge air and wicked style. I can't think of another sport where you can stand around and chat with pro athletes in their sport like you can with Pro Wakeboarders. Thanks guys.

The boats were amazing. Liquid Trends, Neptune Audio and HSE were all representing.

We started off the weekend realizing we had plenty to drink:
Upload

Winner Ricky G and the CIE crew:
Upload

Friends hanging out:
Upload
Upload
Upload

Even the dogs enjoyed the show:
Upload

The DMC - only partially represented:
Upload

The Dinatale Family came home big winners. Thanks again CIE and sponsors!
Upload
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-05-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
yo callen...i rode this weekend (many, many sets)...i partied last weekend at riley's bachlor party, and ohhh what a party.

again...where are the chaboya pix? i know there are a few worth (censored enough for) posting.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-05-2008, 10:45 PM Reply   
good times!!!!
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-05-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
WOW, what a great event!!!! Gets better and better every year.

CIE really knows how to do it.

The sponsors had a nice set up this year as well. Stoked to hang out with Bryan Hutton and Nick Jones, CWB team riders, all weekend. Super good riders, cant wait to ride with them on the PWT this year. After a set behind the epic i came back to my boat and there was Shawn Murray chillin in my boat. He said thanks for letting him use some of the shade we had before his HUGE blind judge.

Had a chance to go out and ride behind one of the EPIC Boats and DANG! the wake was big. And they said the sacks were not even filled all the way up. Super cool boat and i could not believe how smooth that boat drove. Major props to EPIC, nice boat.

Al- im not sure if they are lost or not but i forgot to get those NoFear board shorts back from you that you. no big deal but if they are around hold on to them for me when i see you guys next or just make them the boat board shorts.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for all the pictures.

Julie, would you be okay with sending me that picture of Ricky and the crew? I would like the big file so that I can print a copy for each of us. Great shot!

The Dinatale's defnitely came up huge! Historically, if you win once at the Spring Ride Raffle, you'll keep winning. Not sure how that happens, but it always does. Congrats guys.

Spence those shots of Ricky are incredible. It must have taken a very skilled chase boat driver to get those, eh? Any decent shots from Friday morning with Ev, Billy, and I? Thanks for shooting Spencer. It was cool to get some boat time with you this year.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-06-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
im pretty stoked on the raffle!

J-rod- thanks for coming around and making sure we all bought tickets. Won some great stuff for sure
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-06-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Yo Tony.... Your shorts were in the boat. I think they're at Billy's house. We'll get them back to you this weekend.

DMC... Ha, ha. You ladies crack me up. Good times. How'd you guys end up doing on that booze stash. It looks like you were going to have to put in some serious work.

Spence, thanks for posting the pics. I know that's only a teaser of the goods you got this weekend.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Evan.

And im with dave, who was that dj, his mixes were crazy good. If i could buy some of them i would. just really good party/dance music.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-06-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
Tony, I got in touch with the DJ and he turned me onto his website, which has some downloadable mixes. I picked up "Boogie Nights" and "Save A Horse Ride A DJ." Good stuff. Check it out at http://www.disfunktioncrew.com/brianbass.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-06-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
J-Rod,

We can either send you the file or give it to one of the CIE guys at DRA this weekend. Just let us know which you prefer.

Thanks again for letting us use your dock space this weekend. I owe all of you a cold beverage or two or three.

Would like to get the ladies a bottle of wine as well. All you (Jarrod, billy, Evan and Al)need to do is let us know if you want RED or white. Julie has the hook up on Boones Farm.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-06-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Some more shots, I still have plenty to go through this was just a quick upload at work.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

I heard someone was acting as a beverage Santa this wouldn't have been them could it?
Upload

Dave had a little too much Sun?
Upload
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-06-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
BG HAHHAHA i can't believe you shaved that off with a razor that nite. that's the most hideous thing i've ever seen, i cant even remember what posessed you to do this.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
damn, i was scanning these photos and thinkin about doin that to my beard :\
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-06-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
its funny bc he was hammered when he did it so you can imagine how straight it was...not at all...hahhaha
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
BG was talkin bout doin that since thursday nite. i didnt think he would go through with it
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-06-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
it was so nasty he had to shave it off when we got home on sunday...hahahhaha...i think he's rockin the FOOMANCHU hahahaa
Old     (brianbass)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
THANKS for the props David Williams. That's what makes my job worth it. Hahaha my funny moment of the night was one of the guys spinning around on the pole and knocking 3 girls off it. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HE DID
Old     (spence)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-06-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
CIE Crew.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-06-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Yea Bass tore it up this weekend. I like the part where you were chopping the sound, and the whole party was singing Bon Jovi at the top of their lung's LOL good time's. Yea Brian good call on getting the sausage off the pole. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
....WOW - Looks like a good time was had & the CIE crew pulled off another Very Kool get together. But the guy in the white shirt, kinda ruins it.