Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
In Dogtown 1974,When Peter Schultz of Con Surfboards and Dean Edwards of Blue Cheer shaped the first Shred Stixx,[they only let me sand and polish], I never thought getting air was possible while "FreeBoarding",[what wakesurfing was called from 1955-late 90's].While judgeing the first Centurian contest at Yosimite Lake in 03, I was enlightend by Keith Bradock by his air attack. From then on, "It was on". I thought these pics would be helpfull to the Groms coming up so they could see the direction "Surf Style" is going and be practicing ther chops for all the upcoming contest. So far all I have seen get this kind of air is this kid, Chase Hazen,Josh Sleigh and James Walker. But by the end of this summer there will probably be a hundred or more the way things are going. Would love to see posted, any "Race to Space" pics anybody out there has. PS, these pics were taken behind Chase's dad's barefoot boat with two 250lb sacks. Does he really land these pics and ride away? Ask Jeff and James Walker. They were in the boat when Chase won the INT contest two weeks ago. Congratulations Jeff, for your outstanding work getting us into the INT. Your "WakeSurfer of the Year" in my book!!

image/bmpUpload
chase air 1.BMP (146.2 k)
image/bmpUpload
chase air3.BMP (146.9 k)
image/bmpUpload
chase air 5.BMP (149.3 k)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Hmmm. links aren't working for me.
Old    surfdad            05-31-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
I'm going to help Jerry out. Here they are:
Upload
Old    surfdad            05-31-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old    xtreme            05-31-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
I followed and watched Chase the other night, with that same boat set up as in the pics, he was killin it! Surf Style all the way!
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Thanx Jeff, Had to send one more to redeem myself. First time poster ya know. This is a "air 180"Upload
Old    surfdad            05-31-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Good job Jerry! One thing you might try. When the upload client appends the text to your message, place that on a separate line, in that way you won't get the strange hanging text - like the word "180" aligned with the bottom left corner.
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Back in May when I first posted this, as you can see, no one contributed. I am thinking because airials just got big this summer. I am seeing some nice airs now on this site. So come on folks, Air it out and post'em!!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
I've posted them before but here's what this 30-something is capable of. (thanks Jerry, I was looking for an excuse to post more pictures of myself
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
These are two pictures of Jeff Page of Inland, I think he's older than I am!!!!! He's killing it on that new 4-skim.

Upload
Upload
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'IN ABOUT!!!!! Sean, You need to come to the Delta and ride with Chase and I. YOU would need an oxygen mask on a "Thresher" Bra! 30's just getting started in this sport! Ain't that rite Jeff?
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Josh at Delta
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
I hear you Jerry, I just turned 50 on Saturday, but you'll notice...I'M not busting ay air. :-)

This is my fav pic of James in flight.

Upload
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Apparently Josh Sleigh, when riding a Shred Stixx knows a thing or two about boosting air, also. :-)

Upload
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Happy B-Day Dude! I thought you were older than me. Your a whippersnapper. Respect your elders at the next contest.....Great pic of The James
Old    4sher            09-29-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Ok, I'll throw my hat it (at 36).

By the way, in that pic of Josh, he's riding switch!
Upload
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey Mark, it's too bad you folks don't have any decent water to ride in! :-)

One more from the Shred Stixx collection:
"Heidi Deetzel, Air ain't just for guys"

Upload
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
This is sick, Keep,em coming!
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Two more of James...I also want to find some of Chase from the INT contests.

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            09-29-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
James just corrected us Mark, in the pic of Josh he rides in backside regular, throws a body varial, grabs the board and "aligns" it and lands frontside switch. I guess I'll just have to show him how to ride, huh? :-)

Chase Hazen from the 3rd NorCal INT League stop.

Upload
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-29-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
I'm still wondering how to get air?!??
Old     (goodfoot00)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-06-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
I'm with you Tanya, I can do lots of tricks and ride pretty aggresively, but can't figure out how to get air. I'm 6'3" 200 and ride a blue lake. I demo'd a stixx and Walker Project and got closer but still didn't feel like I had the right technique or approach. Perhaps the board was too small? Anyone care to enlighten me, less I be doomed to spins and balance tricks only.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-06-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Tanya and Scott,
I'll take a more detailed stab at it later. Until then make sure you're carrying as much speed as possible and crank the bottom turn as hard as you can. Another thing you might want to try is setting the perfect pass a notch or 2 faster then you normally ride. Like most boardsports speed is your friend and you're not going to get off the water without it.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
WOW! Does anyone have a vid clip of Chase bustin that thing sidewayz? That is crazy cool. I know I have the wake, and thanks to Jerry I now have the board, but I am only getting about half of that air. Here in the midwest my crew is pretty much on our own trying to learn this stuff.

It was cool to see James ride in person this summer, but I was busy driving the boat.
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       10-06-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Scott,Sean, Jason,
The trick is a fast board, as Sean said, AND
learning how to "Ollie". This can be best learned on a skateboard. Jason, your store will be getting a video with a bunch of Chase soon, if you have not got it already. wakesurfmag.com has some good video of him on there site too.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
Thanx, I need as much inspiration as I can get! The water temp is already down to 60 so it's getting harder to get enough motivation to get back in the water.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
hit a couple of air minors consistently today with the help of sean & shannon... may thanks !!!!
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Jerry Price, do you happen to know a Chris Barcellos?
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       10-10-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
I think so, Have a pic or him?, Where does he live?. Know some Chris's but not their last name.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
check out this sequence pic of james... he really pulls his knees up (the front even more so and the rear will follow to get the height)..

Upload

(Message edited by clubmyke on October 11, 2006)