Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-07-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
Does anyone have their heater in a location other than under the dash? I would like to put one in the engine compartment to leave room under the dash for sound stuff. Thoughts or comments?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-07-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
I have seen a boat with two heaters, and the second core was under the rear passenger seat. I am sure there is no reason you could not put your core there or anywhere else. You just need to buy long hoses to reach everyone, including the driver.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2006, 1:13 AM Reply   
I was thinking the same last ride out... Two heaters! Anybody did that already? And how to connect the water hoses? In parallel or in serie?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-08-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
Yep, I have a customer that has 2 heaters in his B-52 V23. It is nice. First one is in the factory location, under the glove box, and the second one is suspended under the rear middle seat over the V-Drive. It works really well.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
I've seen a Malibu VLX with two heaters, one under the driver pod, the other in the V-Drive compartment.

Looks like a good idea to me.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
I'm doing that to my 2002 VLX soon. I just need to find the time to do it. The second heater will have two pull out ports where the speakers used to be (in front of the V-drive). The speakers will be relocated on the sides, by the cup holders, to block the gap that everything seems to fall into(VLX owners know what I'm talking about).

I'll get pics when I start puting it in.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
ugh... Why doesn't Malibu fix that gap? My 04 has the same problem. People get on the boat, set their wallet and keys there and like a bad Magic Trick they're gone..

"Oh, reach down over there, in between the fixed cooler and the hull is your sun glasses"
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
My heater is under the back seat since I have a problem with my heater cores leaking I figured it would be better just to get one half of the boat wet instead the whole thing.I have two pull out and the hoses are short and work really well.They are both in the cockpit on the same side,one positioned more in front(stock)and the other positioned more to the back.The one that was for the driver got 86ed and the long hose that went around the bow also got 86ed,that heater hose never worked well since it was so long....not anymore!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-08-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I installed my Heatercraft with two outputs under the left side seat. Ran one tube along the floor line to the driver and the pull out is under the pasenger seat. I loose a square foot of storage under the seat. It's a 2000 Centurion Elite-V.

(Message edited by breadbutta on September 08, 2006)
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       09-08-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Hey Ed, did your heater go where the little crappy storage bin was under the seat or somewhere else? I've been eyeing that spot, but did not know if it would work. Any pics available?? Thanks.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-09-2006, 12:55 AM Reply   
I hope somebody gives an answer to Tommy's question because I am wondering the same...
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-09-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
We have two heaters in our V-ride. One in front of the drivers seat and the other is in the middle of the walkthrough to the front. That one has like a dryer hose on it that you can pull out for your passengers. It works great. You can put it under your towel and it warms you up really quick. Love it. I thought all Malibu boats had this (if you bought the option). Highly recommend it though
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Michele,sorry no pics.....I have 2 batteries in that one behind the drivers seat.If that is the space you are referring to I would say you would have a problem getting the vent hoses past the little v-drive/cooler compartment.I actually have it in between the v drive locker and under the back seat on the passanger side.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       09-09-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for the information Ed.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-09-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
ok, how to hook up 2 heaters?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Michele,no prob.

Kenny,get a heater with more vent hoses?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-09-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
I have one heater but it got installed (free parts,heater and install)in the passenger side and I would like one to install on the drivers side.

Remember I am up here in the North West and not Sacramento anymore, and still plan on riding during the winter when I can....
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-13-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Just think that this post needs a little clarification, it seems that people are confusing heaters with heater outlets(or hot tubes). Heaters typically have 2,3,or4 outlets(or hot tubes). When I stated that my customer had two heaters, I meant 2 heater cores. One has 2 outlets and one has 3 outlets. ( 4 hot tubes and 1 vent on the driver's feet.)
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-13-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
Heater cores are perfect for getting the most heat out of hot water and providing hot air output. I think connecting two up together (in series) would provide very little heat out of the second heater. To solve this, you would be better off with a 'Y' on the input to the two seperate cores and then another 'Y' on the return feed.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-13-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
so how do you hook up 2 heater cores?
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-13-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
a 'Y' on the input to the two seperate cores and then another 'Y' on the return feed
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-13-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Our x-star has 3 heater ports running off of one heater core.
All 3 ports blow the same temp heat.
The heater core is mounted in the port side rear locker.
Works great
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-13-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Hooking up 2 heater is just weird if you have a shower as well,so the alternative is get one with more vent hoses.I think I seen one up to 5.I know I've seen 4 for sure.Why would you need more then 4 vent hoses or possibly 5 on a boat??
I figured this was the only reason to add an additional heater core.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-13-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
I have a shower also, and upgrading to 4/5 vent would be perfect if the price was right.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-15-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Part 2 to my original question:
My boat is a sanger V215 and I am looking at installing a 3 vent heater. I want to put one vent at the driver's feet, one behind the driver's seat (there's a nice little gap between the base of the driver's seat and the seat base behind it) and a third possibly coming out of the alcoves w/ the cup holders at the seat level. I am thinking about doing all 3 as hot tubes.

Any comments or suggestions that would help in the optimal placement of these vents?