Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (WLF)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-27-2018, 9:21 AM Reply   
Went to the boat show this weekend to try and pick out a new board for the GF, I was surprised there really wasn't any gear for sale there. All the manufacturers were there with boats which was great, but surprised they didn't have their boards and ancillary stuff on display for sale as well. I ended up noticing a P5 Diamond that would be perfect for her on the rack on boat, not for sale. Long story short I ended up offering $550 cash for both of these Phase 5 boards and to my surprise they said yes! I was going to order the one board for her off the P5 website and its $800, I guess it pays to go to the boat show on the last day lol!

(sorry for the picture rotation!)
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-27-2018, 2:01 PM Reply   
damn!!!! that's a deal
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-27-2018, 3:48 PM Reply   
Damn that’s a deal ! Congrats
Never tried the P5 wire but for 300 bucks..! Definitely worth it
And the diamond luv Is hell of a board. My gf wanted one last summer. Ended up buying her a matrix at end season deal but never 75% discount haha.
i was thinking it’s gonna be a good board for the rack used a couple times but i use it more then her haha I’m even using it equal to my Soulcraft.

I was thinking the same at our boat show.. no boards, no shirts, no comp vest. That’s suck. I was thinking I’m gonna buy a crazy comp vest today at the show.. nope.

Last edited by Mike88; 02-27-2018 at 3:51 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-28-2018, 8:34 AM Reply   
That has been the trend the past few years at many boat shows. A lot of big marinas use to have a large boat displays and then a smaller pro shop display either in conjunction or as a separate. It seems they do not want to haul the items out of the shop anymore. Not worth the time and effort. Lots of small items to keep track of, if you do not have a good POS systems that is mobile it can be a headache to deal with the accounting afterwards, many marinas have an online presence now even if it is as basic as an amazon or ebay shop so dragging everything out to a boat show where the real estate is expensive is just not worth it for some. I still like it when my dealers do pro shops, I will go an hang out and work with potential customers and help their sales, but a lot of them just want some boards to display on the boats. They want their sales guys focused on boat sales. The other trend we see is older more established marinas often do not bring pro shops. Newer dealers are more apt to want a pro shop or to work with one of their vendors to have a gear presents.

Nick
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-28-2018, 8:47 AM Reply   
Great deal. The girl in black pants looks like a good deal for you too.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-28-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
thats not a P5 wire its a P5 hammerhead ltd. thats a steal jsut for that board alone.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2018, 12:08 PM Reply   
Not a surfboard but a good deal on the first day. I scooped it up before any body else did. Left over Slingshot Pill 142 for 225.00 then some KTV bindings for 99.00
Attached Images

Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       02-28-2018, 1:04 PM Reply   
That's an awesome deal
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-28-2018, 4:45 PM Reply   
That's a good deal not a great deal seeing how they are so over priced in the first place. But good on you for buying them.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       03-01-2018, 4:15 PM Reply   
The boat show here in Charlotte had a lot of gear. I bought a sweet comp jacket and few other things. They were selling the hell out of everything, cant imagine its not worth it for a dealer to bring gear to the boat show. I also bought 2 pairs of Sanuk shoes at the boat show. Didn't buy a boat tho. I know a guy with Supra dealer, said they took around 35 deposits on Supra's and close to 20 on Moomba boats, I know the other dealers did well too. Good time to be a boat dealer!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-01-2018, 9:13 PM Reply   
I got my slingshot pill at the Charlotte boat show. Southtown really had a bunch of good stuff.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-02-2018, 2:31 PM Reply   
Depends on what you consider worth it. Let's just look a the original posters deal. $550 for two boards. Both of these are 2017 models, probably basically in new condition. Let's assume the weren't used in a demo program, but just have normal wear and tear from being in a pro shop for a year or which should be pretty minimal if any. This is a great deal. These boards alone sell for a last years model colorway discount of $550 on the web, there are some places still trying to sell 2016s or 2015s for close to full retail.

I won't go into the actual wholesale price for these boards, but the dealer took a $400+ hit on this deal unless they have some super special arrangement with Glasspro.

Revenue is revenue, but the juice has to be worth the squeeze.

Nick
Old     (gdmatson)      Join Date: Jan 2018       03-05-2018, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLF View Post
Went to the boat show this weekend to try and pick out a new board for the GF, I was surprised there really wasn't any gear for sale there. All the manufacturers were there with boats which was great, but surprised they didn't have their boards and ancillary stuff on display for sale as well. I ended up noticing a P5 Diamond that would be perfect for her on the rack on boat, not for sale. Long story short I ended up offering $550 cash for both of these Phase 5 boards and to my surprise they said yes! I was going to order the one board for her off the P5 website and its $800, I guess it pays to go to the boat show on the last day lol!

(sorry for the picture rotation!)
That was at the Detroit show, right? I was talking to the Centurion rep trying to figure out what you guys were doing climbing up the side of that Ri257. I had no idea they were selling those boards. Good catch!
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-06-2018, 7:34 AM Reply   
We are gonna need a few pics of her surfing the new boards.........great deal.....congrats.
Old     (WLF)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2018, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmatson View Post
That was at the Detroit show, right? I was talking to the Centurion rep trying to figure out what you guys were doing climbing up the side of that Ri257. I had no idea they were selling those boards. Good catch!
LOL, yes that was us...I honestly could not believe they were willing to sell them to us for that. The boards are last years model but brand new never ridden. She loved riding my friends P5 Matrix last year and figured the Luv would be the perfect board for her. It was the only one at the show, I was going to pay full price ($600-ish), but I figure hey you don't get what you don't ask for, low and behold it worked! Deal of the century, most of the time with boat related purchases I come out on the wrong end of the deal!
Old     (WLF)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2018, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
We are gonna need a few pics of her surfing the new boards.........great deal.....congrats.
LOL, if I can get her to surf that board 1/10th as good as she looks she looks in a bikini, she'll be doing 360 shove it's by Memorial day. I definitely out kicked my coverage with her
Attached Images

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-07-2018, 12:00 PM Reply   
AND she surfs and rides? You sir are 1 lucky dude....bravo. Mine will wakeboard for about 5 minutes, then its beer in the front of the boat.