Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2017, 7:43 AM Reply   
Anybody seen one of these before?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bod/5985735764.html
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-02-2017, 9:01 AM Reply   
Garbage.... Waketractor remake

Go buy a good used boat Moomba, Axis, MB
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-02-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
Lol. 50K for a Bayliner!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-02-2017, 9:59 AM Reply   
Thats the 22 foot wake tractor. Uglier than the little one. Please tell me where you are gonna seat 12 in that???
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2017, 11:37 AM Reply   
You guys replying need to get out more, or at least provide useful input.

WT-2 is the newest from Heyday. Haven't seen the -2 in person, but have explored the -1 a bit at a boat show. Build quality is solid, reminded me of our old X-Star which makes sense given whose behind Heyday. Lot of nice features that aren't considered traditional but still great to have. May not be the most "attractive" boat on the market, but if you want a factory-new boat that you're not just going to use as a floating cooler, this is where it's at. From pics, vids, and feedback from friends, the surf wave is awesome (on both models) and the wake is similar to an Axis. The open layout is pretty sweet, less stuff in your way and plenty of storage space, plus it makes the boat more social. It's a core riders boat and it's built & priced for the younger generation and people who want to shred. As for the Bayliner comment, Heyday is owned by Bayliner...doesn't mean anything. Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen...doesn't make it a Beetle.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-02-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
When you watch the video he says "This boat is designed to get millennials back on the water." That's the best sales line I have ever heard...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5RraTiwiz0
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-02-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
Finally, a nose uglier then an epics....
Old     (Paul_42186)      Join Date: May 2013       02-02-2017, 6:12 PM Reply   
At least they put the steering wheel in the correct location for a wake boat, however the price is still too high when there are many good choices in used boats in that price range.
Old    dreamboat1            02-02-2017, 8:01 PM Reply   
Wow haven't seen this model yet, like how the controls are not in the center. Didn't know bayliner owned them first thing I thought was how the seat cushions look like something you would see in a bayliner. I too think it's overpriced compared to what's out there.
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       02-02-2017, 9:04 PM Reply   
I don't like it and wouldn't buy one, but what other inboard wakeboat is out there new at $50K? Yes, I know you can get all kinds of really nice used boats but that isn't apples to apples.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-02-2017, 11:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
When you watch the video he says "This boat is designed to get millennials back on the water." That's the best sales line I have ever heard...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5RraTiwiz0
Millenial here... Not the boat for me or anybody I can think of. I have many questions, the first being where does anybody's stuff go?? It looks like aside from below the front of the dashboard and the center ski locker? compartment there's nowhere else to store jackets,ropes,bags(personal and ballast) and other boat gear. And a 12 person capacity? Maybe dad and 11 kids ha, there's not a chance even 8 people and their belongings will fit in this boat.
Lack of a real windshield is going to be the next dealbreaker for me. Morning sets? Not a chance. Under 60 out? Hope you brought your coat. Wetsuit season is going to be reeeeal rough without a function windshield and whatever Heyday has going on here is a paltry attempt.
If somebody wants to enlighten me on how many speakers this boat has that'd be cool. I'm not asking about how many wetsounds I can slam on the tower to blast you with my gangster rap while you're all lounging in the cove, but rather are there actually any speakers in this boat at all.

I browsed their site a bit, and it didn't really address these or a few other questions I've got. All in all there is no way I'm taking this over a used MC/Malibu/CC in a similar price range.

Don't get me started on the fact that the whole boat is wrapped at all times. Call me old school but I'd rather a clean gelcoat scheme than to be able to change my wrap at will.

Last edited by Jmaxymek; 02-02-2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: I kan spel gud
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-03-2017, 12:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSurfer View Post
I don't like it and wouldn't buy one, but what other inboard wakeboat is out there new at $50K? Yes, I know you can get all kinds of really nice used boats but that isn't apples to apples.
Mastercraft NXT, duh. 50k all day!
Old    dreamboat1            02-03-2017, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
Mastercraft NXT, duh. 50k all day!
I had a hard time finding a NXT with a straight asking price for 50k?
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       02-03-2017, 5:28 AM Reply   
Our local Tige dealership sells the WT-1 and its hard to look at. WT-2 looks a hair better but still nothing I would be seen in public with.

I think the moped analogy applies to this. haha
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-03-2017, 7:13 AM Reply   
I like the idea but the execution is something I'm not interested in. I get wanting a smaller no frills wake machine but I think they're trying too hard to reinvent the wheel. Most wake boats have the same basic interior layout these days for a reason. It works. Don't mess with it. There are plenty of other places to bring down costs. The fact that they're owned by Bayliner now is a pro in my book. Parts are less likely to go NLA and there's an already-established dealer network that isn't going anywhere any time soon. And maybe they'll inject some common sense into the design in future years. If they can package that basic hull shape with a Bayliner-quality interior at the same price, I think they'll be on more people's radars.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-03-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdsworth View Post

WT-2 is the newest from Heyday. Haven't seen the -2 in person, but have explored the -1 a bit at a boat show. Build quality is solid, reminded me of our old X-Star which makes sense given whose behind Heyday. Lot of nice features that aren't considered traditional but still great to have. May not be the most "attractive" boat on the market, but if you want a factory-new boat that you're not just going to use as a floating cooler, this is where it's at. From pics, vids, and feedback from friends, the surf wave is awesome (on both models) and the wake is similar to an Axis. The open layout is pretty sweet, less stuff in your way and plenty of storage space, plus it makes the boat more social. It's a core riders boat and it's built & priced for the younger generation and people who want to shred. As for the Bayliner comment, Heyday is owned by Bayliner...doesn't mean anything. Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen...doesn't make it a Beetle.

I replied with my opinion as did you.

Look at the sales of these things in the next year and get back to me.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-04-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I replied with my opinion as did you.

Look at the sales of these things in the next year and get back to me.
Should be decent. May not take a ton of market share from the big brands, but it'll do fine for a low-volume production boat. The early sales have been good enough for Bayliner to purchase the brand from Bryant, so the numbers must not be as bad as you think. I was surprised to see they're hitting the international market pretty hard...I'm interested to see how they do. May not be everyones cup of tea, but still not a bad option for a brand new low-priced boat.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-04-2017, 1:45 PM Reply   
Bayliner stopped producing towboats in 1998 because they didn't sell. Those were "normal" looking and performing boats. Not different or far off the quality of the era. I owned a 97 direct drive and word was the lower hull was the same as a 205 prostar. The hull made a great wake. That boat was also offered well below other boats of the time.

Point being that was a regular looking tow boat. From across the parking lot you couldn't tell the difference from anything else of the time. So if they couldn't make sell what most would call a normal or typical tow boat at a bargain price, I have serious doubt they will do any better with a model that 90% of people look at and go...thats odd or weird or all the other feedback we have seen on here and other tow boat forums. Good luck to them but if I was putting money down based on 30 years in the inboard market I'd bet against it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2017, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdsworth View Post

You're either high or drunk. This boat is a travesty. Right concept terrible execution. Hats off for stepping outside the norm . The only thing is they didn't look down and stepped in giant pile of crap .

One thing from the add that stands out. 100% financing available. Yup geared exactly towards millenials who have no sense of responsibility ........if you have to finance 100% of your purchase you can't afford it. You'll be upside down the entire length of ownership. Yup MILLENIALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-04-2017 at 3:17 PM.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2017, 6:42 AM Reply   
It looks like a mashup of a deck boat and wakeboat with a couple of bassboat features. Not sure why they had to make the nose so ugly
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2017, 10:37 AM Reply   
Checked it out at the boat show. Neat concept, especially for someone just trying to get a crew on the lake to surf and ride. Looks like a lot of crawling around, the rear seats are cool, but there's nothing to do other than crawl and walk all over the seats.
Old     (prorider17)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-10-2017, 5:53 PM Reply   
I love forums because people can voice their opinion. I've seen both the WT-1 and WT-2 in person. They're really nice boats. I'm currently shopping for a boat and would be interested in demo'ing one. Here's my take -

What people say online
  • The seating on the WT-1 is weird. It's different, but I'm 6'3" and was comfortable in each position. The driver's helm is awesome in terms of visibility.
  • No windshield - Yes - There's no windshield. I actually always stand when cruising in my past boats. Summer in FL is hot. I need all the wind I can get to keep cool.
  • No full stereo - It has an adjustable sound bar. One time, the head unit on my past boat quite. We had a spare bluetooth speaker. It was more than fine for the 4 hours we hung out at the cove. I don't need a deafening audio system. I don't listen to the radio. I have my iPhone / iPad for all things stereo.
  • It's small - Not really. It's a good size boat. The fact that it puts out a wave of that size considering its length is beyond impressive.
  • It's ugly - It's different. People hated the G's looks when it came out. I'm not particular on the X-Star's lines, but to each their own.
  • The WT-2 is a really good looking boat and has tons of space & storage. It's all about what you're into.
What do I like about HeyDay Wake Boats?
  • Easy to operate
  • Easy to maintain
  • Easy to surf (and setup to surf)
  • PCM engine
  • Standard trailer
  • SeaDek
  • Brunswick backed
  • Under 20' for the length restricted lakes
  • Doesn't need a surf system

For someone who's shopping for an older boat, it's hard to come across a clean, nice boat that doesn't have carpet glued directly onto fiberglass, have beat up vinyl and several hundred hours. HeyDay's a new brand. I don't think they're going anywhere. Surfing has caught on too quickly, is easy to do & opens up a new level of accessibility to people on the water. Am I a great wakeboarder? Nope. Not even close. Do I enjoy an easy day at the lake on the weekends and go surfing? You bet.

Not saying everyone's wrong, or that I'm right, but I think it'd be good for everyone to understand that we all have different viewpoints on what we consider 'different.' To each their own.
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-10-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by prorider17 View Post
I love forums because people can voice their opinion. I've seen both the WT-1 and WT-2 in person. They're really nice boats. I'm currently shopping for a boat and would be interested in demo'ing one. Here's my take -

What people say online
  • The seating on the WT-1 is weird. It's different, but I'm 6'3" and was comfortable in each position. The driver's helm is awesome in terms of visibility.
  • No windshield - Yes - There's no windshield. I actually always stand when cruising in my past boats. Summer in FL is hot. I need all the wind I can get to keep cool.
  • No full stereo - It has an adjustable sound bar. One time, the head unit on my past boat quite. We had a spare bluetooth speaker. It was more than fine for the 4 hours we hung out at the cove. I don't need a deafening audio system. I don't listen to the radio. I have my iPhone / iPad for all things stereo.
  • It's small - Not really. It's a good size boat. The fact that it puts out a wave of that size considering its length is beyond impressive.
  • It's ugly - It's different. People hated the G's looks when it came out. I'm not particular on the X-Star's lines, but to each their own.
  • The WT-2 is a really good looking boat and has tons of space & storage. It's all about what you're into.

What do I like about HeyDay Wake Boats?
  • Easy to operate
  • Easy to maintain
  • Easy to surf (and setup to surf)
  • PCM engine
  • Standard trailer
  • SeaDek
  • Brunswick backed
  • Under 20' for the length restricted lakes
  • Doesn't need a surf system

For someone who's shopping for an older boat, it's hard to come across a clean, nice boat that doesn't have carpet glued directly onto fiberglass, have beat up vinyl and several hundred hours. HeyDay's a new brand. I don't think they're going anywhere. Surfing has caught on too quickly, is easy to do & opens up a new level of accessibility to people on the water. Am I a great wakeboarder? Nope. Not even close. Do I enjoy an easy day at the lake on the weekends and go surfing? You bet.

Not saying everyone's wrong, or that I'm right, but I think it'd be good for everyone to understand that we all have different viewpoints on what we consider 'different.' To each their own.

That's great and all but would you sell what you have now to have that as your boat?
Old     (prorider17)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-11-2017, 3:35 AM Reply   
@Dan C - I'm currently without a boat, so only time will tell. If a deal can be made, then yes.
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-11-2017, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
@Dan C - I'm currently without a boat, so only time will tell. If a deal can be made, then yes.

That's good. They are gonna need more people with your mind set to sell boats. When my boat goes into the water it's so me, my friends and my family can go play. However there is always down time and drinking time and people shuffling around the boat. With the heyday boats the floor plan is so broken up that it's like everyone has assigned seats. Idk maybe there is a market but there is not a chance I would sell my axis or even old Malibu for one of their current models. Boating is social and the traditional v-drive boats allow for the best party on and off the boat. Good luck with your deal. It seems like you are trying to hype them up for a sponsorship or something in my opinion. If they are that much cheaper then other wake boats I don't see why it would depend on a good deal.
Old     (Bnall_glm)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-11-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
I have a brand new 0 hours 2016 WT-1 I will sell at cost! It's left over from last year so it's got to go!
Attached Images

Last edited by Bnall_glm; 02-11-2017 at 1:39 PM.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-11-2017, 5:25 PM Reply   
My offer,

$20K cash all included,

See if you got a better one.....
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-11-2017, 6:01 PM Reply   
My opinion is different. I have seen both and I think it's a terrible concept. Especially when you can go get a new Moomba Helix for 55-58 and it will run circles around this boat in every category. Sorry I just think it's a gimmicky concept that will never catch on.
Old    dreamboat1            02-11-2017, 6:11 PM Reply   
Yeah this thread is getting old... I will be shocked if I see one on the water this coming season. If I had a choice between this or a bayliner 180 bowrider I would choose the 180 bowrider and save some money...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2017, 9:45 PM Reply   
Sorry if this has been coverd, but what are these WT-1's selling for? If the WT-1's were in the 30k range I think it's a cool entry level boat. I see this boat as a huge step up from a SeaDo style small boat. Those Sea Do fake wake boats are horrible. This boat I could see as a great boat to get people out of a sea doo's and into a real boat. The WT-2 looks much better and another step up towards a real boat.

As far as getting young people (kids) into one?? Not sure about that? Most kids seem pretty Materialistic, and brands are everything and I would think would feel cooler in a Used 30k older wake boat then a Brand New 30k Wake Tractor. Just my 2c I do like the Idea of a small efficient entry level wake / surf boat.

Last edited by grant_west; 02-11-2017 at 9:49 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-12-2017, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well you do dont have boat, and you're the only one rattling off a list of pros for a WT. I see no reason why you shouldn't have one in your driveway .
Old     (prorider17)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-13-2017, 4:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Well you do dont have boat, and you're the only one rattling off a list of pros for a WT. I see no reason why you shouldn't have one in your driveway .
We shall see, Swatguy. No boat is perfect when it comes to size, design price & features. Otherwise, there'd only be one boat manufacturer & model. It really comes down to what works best for each person's needs.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-13-2017, 5:51 AM Reply   
Here is something else to keep in mind...resale. If you want to be the trend setter and buy the boat and keep it long term, great. If not maybe chew on this.

In 1998 I was much younger and looking to buy my own first tow boat. I was in the military and wasn't home to use the old prostar anymore. I found a smoking deal on a 1997 Bayliner ski challenger 2089. I paid 21 Grand for the boat loaded, stereo, shower, heat, cover, trailer, etc. Comparable models from better known companies were mid 30's. When I sold that boat 2 years later because I was going over seas I still had to give it away and it took almost a year to sell. They are hard to sell, no name recognition and people don't want them. You have to give them away. Bayliner wasn't good at them then and I would make them prove they are going to be now before you spend your money. These things are a tough sell right now, being new and in production. Try selling one when they no longer make them.

Depreciation on used boats in the $30,000 range is almost flat. Much safer use of your money. Think the warranty is a factor? Might rethink that also. Bayliner also has no clue how to work on tow boats. Their mechanics are fishing boat and I/O mechanics. Mine spent most of the first year at the shop. Most of the time sitting because they had no clue how to fix it. It was the only inboard they had ever seen. It finally took a lawyer and a winter back to the factory to get it fixed. It was a nightmare. It was sad because I really liked the boat when it ran. Performed well and made a really nice wake. Just like then these Wake tractors are going to be brand new to the bayliner mechanics and they are gonna have no clue.
Old     (Bnall_glm)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-13-2017, 8:41 AM Reply   
brand new. selling at dealer cost $38000
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-13-2017, 9:01 AM Reply   
wow. that looks... interesting
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-13-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
I'll give you 8k cash
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-13-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnall_glm View Post
brand new. selling at dealer cost $38000

You might be taking a hit on this boat
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-13-2017, 4:52 PM Reply   
I applaud Heyday with their unique layout and look of the boat. Why try to break into a market with the same boat everybody else has? If only 1 out of 10 potential customers doesn't want to follow the crowd, it would be a huge success.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2017, 4:55 PM Reply   
There is no way its 38k dealer cost, please tell me the dealers are smarter than this. its also a shame to trick anyone into buying something that is only worth insurance value due to the fact you have to sink it to get rid of it. Either build something reasonable or don't. This is a bad to the market as 200k boats. Its just the other side of the fence. anyone who buys this is not making a smart financial decision if they are limited in funds and looking to make a safe investment. This is how you put younger buyers in jeopardy when something changes in there career and they need to get rid of it, but no one will touch it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-13-2017, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
There is no way its 38k dealer cost, please tell me the dealers are smarter than this.
Lol this is dealer sales pitch bull****.

The rest of your post is unintelligible
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-14-2017, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
We shall see, Swatguy. No boat is perfect when it comes to size, design price & features. Otherwise, there'd only be one boat manufacturer & model. It really comes down to what works best for each person's needs.
I've got an 09 Super Air Nautique Team Edition 210 for sale that I'll sell you for $37k. Much wiser IMO...
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-14-2017, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Here is something else to keep in mind...resale. If you want to be the trend setter and buy the boat and keep it long term, great. If not maybe chew on this.

In 1998 I was much younger and looking to buy my own first tow boat. I was in the military and wasn't home to use the old prostar anymore. I found a smoking deal on a 1997 Bayliner ski challenger 2089. I paid 21 Grand for the boat loaded, stereo, shower, heat, cover, trailer, etc. Comparable models from better known companies were mid 30's. When I sold that boat 2 years later because I was going over seas I still had to give it away and it took almost a year to sell. They are hard to sell, no name recognition and people don't want them. You have to give them away. Bayliner wasn't good at them then and I would make them prove they are going to be now before you spend your money. These things are a tough sell right now, being new and in production. Try selling one when they no longer make them.

Depreciation on used boats in the $30,000 range is almost flat. Much safer use of your money. Think the warranty is a factor? Might rethink that also. Bayliner also has no clue how to work on tow boats. Their mechanics are fishing boat and I/O mechanics. Mine spent most of the first year at the shop. Most of the time sitting because they had no clue how to fix it. It was the only inboard they had ever seen. It finally took a lawyer and a winter back to the factory to get it fixed. It was a nightmare. It was sad because I really liked the boat when it ran. Performed well and made a really nice wake. Just like then these Wake tractors are going to be brand new to the bayliner mechanics and they are gonna have no clue.
I think this is the biggest point. RESALE.

With all the bigger companies, people will buy those boats. If your hard pressed to find people buying these brand new then why would someone buy one of these used. I still haven't even heard of someone buying on of these.....
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-14-2017, 7:36 AM Reply   
Whatever is the dealer cost,

If at $38K the boat is still in the showroom that means it is still overpriced. Cost has nothing to do when selling an item. Supply/demand & financial tools (aka credit) are what drive prices.

My $20K cash offer is still on the table. However, it might go down to $18K next month . You might loose on a $20K opportunity, hurry up.....
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-14-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
I cant believe someone hasn't scooped up this oversized SeaDoo. 38k is a little steep though.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-14-2017, 8:24 AM Reply   
The answer is in your question: because it is not a seadoo. Whatever you think about seadoo, you will have hard time finding people with some boating affinity not knowing about seadoo. On the other side, you will find a lot not knowing about heysomething....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-14-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
My $.02 on these boats FWIW ....

If you set out to buy a new boat (specifically wakeboard / watersports type boat) you know you're spending a ****load and okay with it. If you follow wakeboarding, and the boat market and say to yourself, "I've got $40k, lets get a boat" you're already making peace with buying used. I'm by no means wealthy, and it took fighting tooth and nail to get my wife to let me spend up to $30k on a boat a couple of years ago .... but if my budget was $10k over that, zero chance, ZERO, I would be looking at a new Heyday. For me the biggest part of the boat is fun of being on the lake with friends, riding comes second. This boat's layout seems terrible for hanging out with friends on the lake... the seating is just crazy compartmentalized. Give me a a used XLV, 23LSV, X-30, etc etc over this thing any day.

We snagged a mint 04' 23LSV with under 300 hours for $24k.... even if the Heyday was $24k new I don't think I would want it over a 10 year old 23' Malibu.

Best of luck to them as a company, but unless I'm completely off base, I just don't see the market they're looking to snag.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-14-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
The seating is just completely awful
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-14-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
I wouldn't even go for a ride in that monstrosity, let alone pay money for it. I will lay money down that production ends on those in the next year if it hasn't already.
Old     (Bnall_glm)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-14-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
they have been selling these at boat shows for $48k. Someone obviously likes them and alot of dealers are carrying them now. they just dont fit with what we have in inventory. and yes that is what we have in the boat - the intrest we have been paying on it to sit in our showroom
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-14-2017, 2:15 PM Reply   
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Please come forward if you own one of these. I have not seen one person post about owning one.
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-14-2017, 2:21 PM Reply   
This past season, a boat club that operates near where we ride, put a couple of WT-1s in their fleet. I rarely saw them out on the water, but speaking to a friend of mine who was a member, he told me that they had to have a mandatory orientation session to drive them, as the first few members who took them out ejected all of the passengers when turning. The few times I have seen them on the water, they weren't pulling anyone, or surfing. I suspect they got them so they had "surfable" boats in their fleet. It will be interesting to see what they have in their fleet this year.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-14-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
i don't care who buys one, but to market the boat to younger buyers who will (most likely) not have the capital to buy in cash, will be stuck with a boat that very few will want. If you have a 40k, normal, low hour, wake boat odds are in your favor to sell it quickly in the event something financially happens in your life.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-15-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
The "it's a better deal to buy something else used idea" doesn't apply to all people. Some people value a new smaller boat higher than a used more extravagant one. Everybody is different. This applies to cars, bicycles, washing machines, whatever...
Old    dreamboat1            02-15-2017, 5:54 AM Reply   
I guess if someone was to really want one of these I would wait a little bit longer because I have a pretty good feeling some may buy these and find out it's not what they wanted and grow out of it before the year is up and all of a sudden there's a hardly used one up for sale and it's 30-40% off it's msrp because that's what it's worth.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-15-2017, 7:04 AM Reply   
"as the first few members who took them out ejected all of the passengers when turning. "

Its a matter of time until the lawsuits start flying because someone hit a roller with the front of that thing and threw everyone out. Looks like a horrible design flaw with the small amount of keel.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-15-2017, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
i don't care who buys one, but to market the boat to younger buyers who will (most likely) not have the capital to buy in cash, will be stuck with a boat that very few will want. If you have a 40k, normal, low hour, wake boat odds are in your favor to sell it quickly in the event something financially happens in your life.
I agree with what you say. I am one of those younger people that they are gearing this towards. However I find this boat not for us. This to me is a boat for someone who has cash, who has a like house, someone who has their main boat but every now and then wants to run out quick for a ride surf or board. I think this would be great for that, why take out the 80k boat, why not take this small thing out for a quick ride.

I don't have the 40k to buy this, however I spent a year looking, search, and then one month got very serious and bought an 04 Malibu wake setter with new engine 50 hrs on it, for probably half of what you would get these heydays. It also was decked out with top of the line 6k in speaker system. Why no let someone else deck out your boat and upgrade then you get it once they are done. That's what my generation needs to look for!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-15-2017, 11:39 AM Reply   
"they have been selling these at boat shows for $48k. Someone obviously likes them and alot of dealers are carrying them now. they just dont fit with what we have in inventory. and yes that is what we have in the boat - the intrest we have been paying on it to sit in our showroom"

Like a couple others said, I would love to see some hard real world data on that. I'd like to know who paid 48K for WT-1. Mainly because if they paid that for that boat, I have a few things I think they'd be interested in buying!!!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-15-2017, 12:08 PM Reply   
looks like a riding mower towing a golf cart
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       02-16-2017, 10:32 AM Reply   
I can say this... as soon as I see one on one of our local lakes, I'm going straight over and asking for a pull. I think they're super cool just because they're so different. Not saying I'd go buy one, but I definitely think they're neat and inventive.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-16-2017, 11:29 AM Reply   
wake is awesome from what I hear. with new high end boats approaching 200K, there's probably demand for an entry point new boat with a warranty. but that layout breaks a lot of rules IMO and is not doing them any favors.

Last edited by denverd1; 02-16-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-16-2017, 6:02 PM Reply   
10 years ago there were many 35 to 40k boats available, now the demand is up and none to be found, but look at how many low hour boats are available at the 40 50k price point. The bottom fall out does finally slow and stop and thats the time for a younger buyer to buy a solid, quality boat with little to no loss in a few years of ownership. I wish i had my 02 vlx. I could sell it for more than new. I would still buy that today for more than original retail if my only choice was a heyday
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-16-2017, 8:05 PM Reply   
Quit checking off so many boxes on those build sheets and your new ordered boat ain't so bad. 2013 fall I ordered a 1st gen axis 2014 a20 surfgate(there were no 1st gen surfgate used malibus available cheap in fall of 2013) $49900 plus 5000 for painted galvanized tandem trailer I need for brack water( if standard trailer I bet I wouldn't have paid for trailer). But I should have orgered salt version that came with painted galvanized trailer with 18's and low profile tires for maybe less than 5000 more than total of both I paid

Quit checking so many boxes

Last edited by granddaddy53; 02-16-2017 at 8:08 PM.
Old    dreamboat1            02-16-2017, 9:03 PM Reply   
I wonder how the screen glare will be on that tablet and would you still be able to play angry birds on it as you drive down the lake?
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-17-2017, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
Quit checking off so many boxes on those build sheets and your new ordered boat ain't so bad. 2013 fall I ordered a 1st gen axis 2014 a20 surfgate(there were no 1st gen surfgate used malibus available cheap in fall of 2013) $49900 plus 5000 for painted galvanized tandem trailer I need for brack water( if standard trailer I bet I wouldn't have paid for trailer). But I should have orgered salt version that came with painted galvanized trailer with 18's and low profile tires for maybe less than 5000 more than total of both I paid

Quit checking so many boxes
Tell us more about how it felt to stroke a check for that bad boy
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-17-2017, 9:34 AM Reply   
"Quit checking so many boxes"?

Do you leave out:
Tower?
Board racks?
Stereo?
PP?
Lighting?
Trailer?
Heater? (In Canada this is required)
Ballast?
Surf System?
Color combo you actually like?
Wake Plate?
Reversible seating if available?

My point is whether spending $50k or $150k on a new boat I think it would be tough to be missing any of these options, especially if most used boats have them.