Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2016, 11:42 AM Reply   
My go to gloves have been the "Diamond Grip gloves" (photo below) They seem a bit thicker then most gloves and seem to hold up to chemicals better then regular thin latex gloves plus they have a micro rough finish around the fingers. Many times I can use a single pair for a pretty nasty project.

My question is what other DISPOSABLE rubber gloves can you recommend or have tried. I figured there are some people here that wear them for work more often then me and can offer insite. The Diamond Grip gloves are like $20 a box for 100, and that seems very fair for the quality. The Grease Monkey latex gloves at $12 a box for a 100 are so cheep you almost rip every other pair just getting them on.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2016, 11:47 AM Reply   
Has anyone used the Diamond Grip Vs the MidKnight? If so are they as thick how do the stack up?
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-14-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
I always have a box or two of these in my shop. My dad swears by them...

http://www.amazon.com/Venom-VEN6142-.../dp/B01CO9RKH0
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-14-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
Connor I just ordered a pair, thanks for the link.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2016, 9:27 AM Reply   
Ok I have tried and tested all 4 different Rubber gloves. IMO there is a clear winner!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2016, 9:30 AM Reply   
4th place IMO These grease monkey gloves are the worst of the bunch. Very thin and the smallest XL of the bunch. No texture or grip on the finger tips at all.
$12 a box and can be bought at any Home Depot or Pep boys.
Better then nothing but IMO that's not saying a lot.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
3rd place MidKnight
These gloves were a bit thicker but not by much just slightly bigger in XL size then the grease monkey. Again no texture
Attached Images

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-19-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
I seriously prefer latex over nitrile and a prefer powder to powder free. I get mine through one of my marine suppliers and the box says AMMEX Glove Plus on it. run about $8 p/box 100
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2016, 9:39 AM Reply   
2nd place
Venom Steel
These seem like they are the exact glove as the MidKnight but with a micro texture at the finger tips
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2016, 9:43 AM Reply   
Diamond Grip.

Just my 2c but the other gloves don't even come close. The only XL that feels like a XL and actually is not skin tight. Thicker then all others and seems to hold up to abuse better then all others. I have not tryed chemicals like aceatone on the other but the diamond grips hold up to acetone with in reason . These are not chemical gloves but you can work with chemicals with out them falling apart.
Attached Images

Old     (ASDiamond)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-19-2016, 3:52 PM Reply   
Whatever is stocked in the supply closet at work
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2016, 4:38 PM Reply   
I bet the MidKnight and the Venom gloves are the exact same with a different box.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-19-2016, 8:27 PM Reply   
Grant, acetone will melt right through the Grease Monkey gloves.

I bought a thicker pair of chemical rubber gloves for anytime I'm handling something nasty, but for typical stuff like painting or oil changes I use the Grease Monkey ones and have good luck. The occasional tear, but overall not bad for the money.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-19-2016, 9:45 PM Reply   
Here is your Diamond Grip for $11.63 per 100 ... http://www.amazon.com/Microflex-MF30...ilpage_o00_s00
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-20-2016, 4:44 AM Reply   
I use Harbor Freight. These last an oil change:
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-mil-n...rge-61359.html
These last an engine replacement:
http://www.harborfreight.com/9-mil-n...rge-61743.html
I keep both and choose depending on the job at hand (pun intended).