Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-21-2014, 12:09 PM Reply   
Here is a fun little edit I put together of my 3 year old. Hope you guys enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHy3...m-upload_owner
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-21-2014, 11:05 PM Reply   
this is hardly wake related.

just kidding, great video!
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-22-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
Haha that makes me think you didn't watch the video. Plenty of cable and some boat riding in there.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
I want Batman boardshorts. Cool video!
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-22-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jward10 View Post
Haha that makes me think you didn't watch the video. Plenty of cable and some boat riding in there.
Haha I was joking, did you miss the bottom of the post?
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       09-25-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Awesome!!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-25-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Sweet. Getting my 2.5 year old to come surfing with me this year has me pumped to get him out next year now. Bring's a whole new stoke to the sport when you get your kids doing it.
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2014, 8:08 PM Reply   
I agree Dave. This riding season has been so much fun now that Kane is riding. Seeing how pumped he gets when I tell him we are going out in the boat or to the cable is priceless. I will give you a heads up though he didn't just start wakeboarding over night. This was a process.
I started him out riding with me at 2 1/2. Also last year I had a piece of that blue cheerleader mat that they tumble on. I would roll it out in our shop, put his feet in the bindings and make him lay on his back. Give him the handle, pull him up and make him turn to his riding position as I pulled him 20 or so feet. Did that a million times. This year we started by putting him 80 ft. out in the lake (length of my rope). Mom would get him in position for a deep water start, and I would run away from him up the shore as he rode up to the bank. Did that a million times. Took him to the 2.0, got up first try and rode about 50 ft. He fell in love with it from then on. Made another trip to the cable and he did even better. I knew then that he could handle the boat. Got up first try (actually he has never fallen getting up). Been progressing every time he goes out. Last time out he carved back in toe side and made it back in to the middle of the wakes. Can't wait to see what he does next year! Also what I think has made this easier for him is how much time he spends swinging on his rope swing. I have another swing in the shop that is not quite as extreme as the one shown in the video. He has been swinging on it since last year and his upper body strength is pretty impressive for his age. I think that has been a major contributor. Another main factor is that Kane is fearless. I have to talk him out of things that he wants to try because I think he is just not ready for it. Rarely do I have to encourage him to do something. Last thing I want to see is my kid get hurt. I've just seen him do such crazy things with control and ease that I rarely worry about him anymore. I just let him have fun and try not to push him. If he wants to do it I let him. If he doesn't that's up to him.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-28-2014, 1:16 AM Reply   
Coolest kid I know!
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-28-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
That's awesome! My oldest son just turned 3. He's a bit nervous about boarding yet. He likes to ride on the wakesurf on his stomach with me but doesn't want to stand up yet. I'm hoping next year he will get over it and we can do some stuff like this video. Nothing better than sharing good times with your kids.