Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       06-27-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
My brother in law has a Moomba LSV, I think it is a 2007. He has orbit pumps to run his ballast and the middle pump (fills the ski locker) is failing.

When he hits the switch to turn it on, he hears a click but the motor is not turning the impeller. He thinks the impeller is in OK shape.

Do these pumps go out or is it possible the impeller won't prime? Could it be a fuse?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old    TN22            06-27-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
I would recommend asking this question on the Moomba forums on Moomba.com. Those guys are great
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-27-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
The orbit's are not pumps, they're just valves that open using the black solenoid that's on top of the valve. There should be 1 pump that pumps for all three bags, and those 3 orbit valves direct water to the appropriate bag based on which switch you have flipped. Do the other 2 bags fill? On those orbit valves there is a little black switch on there. Make sure that is NOT in the "on" position. Switches should be flipped down (off). Also check the fuses.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-27-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
He may need to open the pump housing to expose the impellor. I had the same issue with my 2009 Moomba LSV. I found that the pump shaft was turning, but the impellor was not. I just replaced the impellor and all was good. Turned out the impellor mounting hole was stripped.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-27-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
I believe skiers choice changed the ballast system in 08. The 09 has a different set up. The ballast set up on an 07 will be the sprinkler valves (orbits).
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-27-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
I believe it wi have one fill pump for all the ballast sacs and use a manifold with sprinkler valves. Check the sprinkler valve for the front sac. You can go to Lowes or Home Depot if it needs to be replaced. You can take tgem apart to see if any debris is caught inside.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       06-27-2013, 2:03 PM Reply   
Mike, the other two bags both fill and drain properly. I will have him check the little black switch and the fuses.
AJ - Sprinkler valve will be checked as well and confirmed no debris is lurking.

Thanks for your help guys!