Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       05-31-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
We just brought our new SANte 210 home last Friday and it came with full cover that wraps around the tower and has secures under the rub rail.

The cover 'covers' great! I have a couple pretty serious problems that I need help with.

First, where the cover wraps around the tower (FCT3), it is fairly loose and the lip of the canvas seems to cave in when it is raining. (I used some velcro to attach a piece of plastic to give it some stability) seems to fix - but I am thinking something is more fundamentally wrong.

Secondly, dealership told me it's a 'breeze' to put the cover on while in the water. I dock in a marina and will need to put the cover on while floating. I 'practiced' with the boat on the trailer last night and found it nearly impossible.

Question is, is there a trick to getting this thing on correctly? Or should I begin considering a snap on cover. ... although I hate to put snaps into the boat.....

Thanks for your help!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Nate,

Do you have a pic of the boat with the cover on that you can post? I have a 2009 with a snap on cover and it's pretty easy to put on while the boat is on the lift. I put the cover on from front to back, cause it works for me. I don't think the snaps take away from the appearance at all.
Attached Images

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
Don't put in snaps what a mess and it does not prevent ponding. That's why I had a cover built that goes over the tower...no ponding. The cover can be put on and secured from the platform. It may look a little odd but the performance is the best. I've owned 8 boats with many variation in covers and this works the best.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786419 or mine at http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1158086410
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what is messy about snaps, but I like to tow my boat with the cover on. That would not be possible with a cover that goes over the tower. If you are in the slip the majority of the time, I think it's a great idea.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       05-31-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
Kat,

love the 210 - very similar set ups!

I included a photo of the boat covered. Did you take the same cover I have and have it modified for snaps? They look similar.....
Do you have any issues with rain water coming in through the opening for the tower legs?
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
Dont put snaps on! IMO snaps look really tacky... and seriously take away from the looks of a boat..
Just fold the cover in from the sides (hotdog style). make sure to leave the cover hooked on the nose, then roll the cover up like a sleeping bag from the back. To put it back on, hook the nose and unroll it as you walk it back, then spread the sides back out, velcro around the tower.
To stop the pooling, Go get some posts, these make rolling the cover up and back out much easier too.
I use the posts and they work great. Its what is holding Nates ^ cover up as well.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Apparently, I have a very tacky looking boat, Nate...so whatever you do, don't have snaps installed. It's amazing how many compliments I get on such a tacky looking boat though. LOL Congrats on your new setup...looks awesome!

I don't think our covers are the same, as mine goes over the platform also. I was getting some ponding, but just extended the support poles a bit higher and that pretty much took care of it...occassional issue with real heavy rain, but we don't seem to get much of that here in Central Texas like we did in Florida. I never could solve the water coming in around the base of the tower...it's just too wide for the cover design I have to get a real tight fit around it. I now have it on a covered lift, so not an issue anymore for me. Best of luck on the cover situation and enjoy your new SAN!!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Apparently, I have a very tacky looking boat, Nate...so whatever you do, don't have snaps installed. It's amazing how many compliments I get on such a tacky looking boat though. LOL Congrats on your new setup...looks awesome!

I don't think our covers are the same, as mine goes over the platform also. I was getting some ponding, but just extended the support poles a bit higher and that pretty much took care of it...occassional issue with real heavy rain, but we don't seem to get much of that here in Central Texas like we did in Florida. I never could solve the water coming in around the base of the tower...it's just too wide for the cover design I have to get a real tight fit around it. I now have it on a covered lift, so not an issue anymore for me. Best of luck on the cover situation and enjoy your new SAN!!
im not saying your boat looks tacky man, your snaps arent over placed and on the top of the cap like most i see!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-01-2011, 3:18 AM Reply   
I have two...a Nautique mooring cover when my boats in the water and a custom canvas cover when towing. Both covers are super easy to put on and fit great! No snaps!
Attached Images

Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-01-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
That's a slick tow cover.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
Great covers - where did you get them? I think the problem with covers on the FCT3 trying to get around that wide base and have it tight enough to keep water out when it rains.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-01-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
That's a slick tow cover.
Thanks.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-01-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Great covers - where did you get them? I think the problem with covers on the FCT3 trying to get around that wide base and have it tight enough to keep water out when it rains.
Kat, my local Nautique dealer got the mooring cover off CC for me. The canvas tow cover was custom made down here in NZ.