Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
So toward the end of last season I decided to remold my 2010 Reliks. Snap. Broken bindings.

Wasn't a huge deal, I contacted Ryan with Ronix. Even though it was one month past my year warranty he replaced them with new 2011 Reliks. I received these in the off season. Now that my season here in TN has started I decided to heat mold my 2011 Reliks at the local dealer. Snap. Broken bindings again! Don't advertise your heat mold binding if they don't work properly! Anyways, now I will have to send them back to Ronix, pay shipping, wait over a month and then finally have some new ones. (this is assuming Ronix will even cover this)

Pictures to come soon.
Attached Images

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
(girlfriend's red nails..)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2011, 6:01 AM Reply   
what is broken? did you put the whole binding in the oven?
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
Ronix called it a strap buckle. It's the two pieces she is holding. They go inside the binding stitched to both sides near your ankle. Primary purpose is to tighten down along the sides of your ankle. Now the bindings only tighten around the top and on my toes. (top of foot area)

No, went to the Ronix & Malibu dealer near me. They have some machine specially used for molding bindings
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
I've molded a few pairs that I've had and never run into that issue...sorry to hear that!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
****ing ronix...............................
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-22-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
Just bought new Ronix bindings and my dealer told me not to heat mold them because the intuition liner does much better if you just wear them and let it naturally mold to your foot. I am a HUGE fan of heat molding snowboard boots. I heard the same thing about some Celsius boots I bought 2 seasons ago. Regretted not molding them from day one. It is going to be interesting to see how it plays out with my new Ronix Ones....
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-23-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
ive got a pair of 2010 and 2011 reliks. never had that issue. but i dont heat mold mine. i live in texas i just break them in naturally.
Old     (xclay89x)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-23-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
It sounds like the heat molder that is/ was being used is too hot. Fill up a bath tub with only hot water and leave your bindings in it for 5 minutes. It will do the same thing.
Happy Shreddin
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-24-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
"Fill up a bath tub with only hot water and leave your bindings in it for 5 minutes. It will do the same thing."

^this
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-24-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
Good point. If it is too hot for you to stand it is too hot for the binding. I had a guy try to return bindings that he poured boiling water in to mold them. To say the least they desentigrated when he laced them up.

Also note that you don't need to lace them up as tight as you might ride them. You are not trying to get them perfectly molded--just speed up a naturally occurring process.

For the record, ive never heat molded mine.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-25-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
The first time they broke I used a hair dryer...
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-26-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
Molding really is a waste of time. I did it to my first pair of Ronix Boots and didn't notice a bit of difference. Now I just ride them right out of the box and let them mold naturally.