Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-26-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
Anybody know of a good service shop? I have not had luck with a couple of shops up there. Looking for somebody who can fix a minor water leak, I suspect the shaft packing or shaft seal and a tune..............
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-26-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
PM me and I will give you some ideas, just took care of a shaft seal leak on my boat.
Packrat
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
After having zero luck with Alpine Haus & the MC dealer, I've had a good experience with the shop at the CdA Yacht Club. Their Indmar certified & typically pretty good about scheduling your boat's time in the shop & getting it done in short order.

That said, I picked up the Goretex "semi-dripless" prop packing from skidim.com & had it done in like 30 min. I used a cheapie set of picks I bought at Harbor Freight & a slip-nut wrench from HD.
Old     (bobbysky)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-26-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
Chuck at Sundance Marine (509) 534-2700. He is the best mechanic you could ever ask for. Super knowledgeable, can tackle any job, and if you are mechanically inclined he will help you out with any questions you have.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-26-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
PM to Packrat and Air Junky.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-26-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Robert!
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-26-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Hit up our service manager 208-664-8274 James Barnhart at Yacht Club in CDA. We will get it fixed.
Old     (jeilers1)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-27-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
What's wrong with the mc dealer? As they are the new Supra dealer in the area I was going to take mine there this fall. It would be nice to get some input on them first.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
I have a buddy with an 05 X30 he bought used from the Spokane MC dealer. He's had the boat in their service dept like 3 times for stupid things, hoses no hooked up, missing air cleaner, etc. Most recently they winterized it (last fall). Over the winter, something blew up & the transmission purged all the tranny fluid into the bilge, and then all over the garage floor. His dog tracked it around for a day before he came home to find quite the mess in the garage & the snow in the back yard.
Ask around in Spokane..... similar stories about them are not tough to find.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       08-28-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
Bill, who's DNA got left on your boat changing that packing seal?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-28-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Got to love WW. Talk about service. Chuck at Sundance Marine made a house call this afternoon to our lift! Turns out a leaky hose from previous work was the culprit.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2010, 12:20 AM Reply   
Hehe, Greg McNeil's DNA..... why? He's the MAN!

Lionel, good to hear it. Hope to see you out on the lake soon.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-30-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
Shaft Packing and DNA HUH.. Did you guys let your wives know about this? LOL.....
Old     (bobbysky)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-31-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
told you, Chuck is by far the best mechanic in this town. I just hate the dealers, and their shoddy customer service. It's no wonder they are all going out of business.