Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-11-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
AFTER a summer in the marina, dust, pollen, bugs.. and fall bird droppings...it reeks like poo and pee...so I'm thinking...can I go to the laundry mat and throw it in an industrial sized wash machine to clean it up..or is it a scrub and spray thing??
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
I wash mine in the landro mat all the time. I just dont use any soap. Works great.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
we mix a bucket of car wash soap and water and use a broom ans just scrub it and rinse with the hose. works well.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-11-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
i just lay mine out on the driveway and powerwash it
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       11-12-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
I take mine to the laundry mat, add oxy clean, some detergent, and run it through...comes out super clean.
Then I just re-apply a water proofer/protectant. I like to use 303's Fabric guard, no complaints.

The only issue I have is, the previous owner let the boat sit wet too long and the cover has mildew stains on the inside that I cannot get off.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-13-2009, 4:57 AM Reply   
Justin- Follow what dave said. If you uses a trash barrel, fill it 2/3s of the way and use about 3/4 a bottle of bleach and a bunch of car soap and use the broom handle and stir it like every 10 minutes for an hour or longer and the mildew stains will go away
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Take it to the laundry mat. Just dont put it in the dryer. Mine came out fine.
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       11-13-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Eric -that's a great idea, thanks
I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

...forgot to mention -I put mine in the giant dryer on "air dry" just to wring out the water.