Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-09-2011, 5:43 AM Reply   
Hey ladies,

My GF wants to try and get into wakeboarding this summer, but I have no idea what would be a good board for her to start on and progress. Also we arent looking to spend alot of money considering she may use it once or twice a month. If you girls have any suggestions please share them!

Thanks,
Ryan
Old     (TarahMik)      Join Date: May 2010       02-09-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan,
I would suggest the O'Brien Vixen. It's a really good price-point board, but it also is very stable & can handle her progression as she rides more. You can get the full set-up (board & bindings) for $299 on Overtons.com or Barts.com or most local board shops (depending on where you live). If you just want the board (with out bindings) its only $199. This is the board that I ride and it is also a board we put girls of all riding ability on. It's the same design as the O'Brien Clutch, which just tested really well in Alliance's gear guide test. Hope this is helpful!

Tarah Mikacich
Old     (Sarah)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-15-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan,
I would suggest getting your girlfriend the Liquid Force Luna or Luna Grid with the prima bindings! This is a great board to learn on and once she catches on it's a board that she can progress with. The bindings are super easy to get in and out of....and if she's just learning this is the way to go! You can get a combo package on this board and binding set! I would check out this set-up!!!!

Sarah