Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2018, 12:20 PM Reply   
Well we all knew that! LOL j/k

This woman is going after Walmart. She has the perfect Ambulance chaser lawyer to represent her Gloria Albright. This woman claims that Walmart “locks up all the Hair Products that Blacks use” and that Walmart dosent Lock up the Hair products that whites use.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-locked-cases/
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2018, 12:42 PM Reply   
Urrg. This would pretty easy to defend i would think, all you need is stock shrinkage reports from before they were locked up. Identity politics is so toxic
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2018, 7:35 PM Reply   
Identity politics what are u talking about
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2018, 8:24 PM Reply   
Identity politics? You identify a group, lump them all together, homogenize them, make a caricature of them and then put the boot in.
Ie. Trump supporters. They are all the same. They are racist. And stupid. If one of them say something ignore it.

It's endemic, left and right practise it nonstop, it's one of the biggest problems in modern society.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2018, 8:37 PM Reply   
Ralph: no one said anything like what your talking about. I do not think all African Americans are like the woman in this law suite. I think she is a “Vocal minority” people like her and her law suit do paint a “bad light” and this may be the “Identity politics“ your talking about.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2018, 8:40 PM Reply   
I went to Safeway in Sanora Ca. They had the baby formula locked up! I was like WTF! And pointed to it, I said to the teller. “If you can’t feed um don’t breed um” she said “Amen”, My point is the store locks up items, that have a high rate of theft. Does it take a law suit to figure this out?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2018, 8:53 PM Reply   
Yes exactly, this women thinks the reason the hair products are locked up is because black people buy them and walmart think black people are thieves. That's left identity politics at work.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2018, 7:25 AM Reply   
So if you are a lawyer and this jackass approaches with you, don't you just say move on lady? There is random stuff locked up all over shops. Am I offended that Home Depot locks up tools? I am a white craftsman? My money is Green and I want to handle the tools before I buy them? How in the hell does that dictate a law suite. This is some BS.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-30-2018, 8:12 AM Reply   
I think the whole thing is hilarious. Its obvious the plaintiff isn’t smart enough to realize she’s adding to a stereotype by suing for this type of thing.

Last edited by markj; 01-30-2018 at 8:14 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2018, 12:49 PM Reply   
Well Walmart is Racist towards whites as well!
Last time I went I wanted to buy some .223 and ALL the Ammo was locked up. This is clearly a Racist move on Walmart’s part
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-30-2018, 4:25 PM Reply   
She is just pissed cause when you break the glass to steal stuff it brings too much attention.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2018, 6:27 PM Reply   
Just like Mark points out. I hold Gloria (the POS lawyer) just as at fault or stupid and she is white.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-30-2018, 8:35 PM Reply   
We had a pack of rib eyes run across the anti theft scanner the other day. I noticed, and didn't say anything or really think about it after that. The next day we were grilling and I found the little strip thing inside the pack. At first I was thinking "really?" Then I thought this is food. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Made me think about the 90's movie Demolition Man when all restaurants were Taco Bell and Stallone was beating Dennis Leary and company up until he realized they were stealing food. I have no idea why I thought of it. I was drinking... I guess from a business perspective if it is high risk you need to secure it.

Last edited by Cabledog; 01-30-2018 at 8:37 PM.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-30-2018, 8:44 PM Reply   
And I know nothing about women's beauty products other than there is way too much of that crap in the shower.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-31-2018, 10:32 AM Reply   
I once had to check with my neighborhood insurance to see about having a big campout/movie night in the park. They made me fill out a form saying that our event would not include the following in order to remain insured: (approximate quote from memory)
"Car racing, airplane stunt exhibitions, (bunch of other crazy hazardous stuff) or R&B or hip hop artists."

Sometimes racism is just statistics.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       01-31-2018, 11:38 AM Reply   
I wasn't aware there were "African American products", presumably products a black human needs that every other genetic group doesn't, but maybe I'm missing something?

I'll add that I gave up on buying razor blades at retail stores as they all seem to be locked up. Screw it, I'll buy online, spend less, save the trip, and give my money to someone who actually wants it. I don't see why the same wouldn't be an acceptable solution for the woman in the article. I don't seek to use force to change other people's behavior though. If I don't like what others do or how a business chooses to operate, I go somewhere else or otherwise take steps immediately within my control to mitigate my dissatisfaction.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-31-2018, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
I wasn't aware there were "African American products", presumably products a black human needs that every other genetic group doesn't, but maybe I'm missing something?
Yes you are missing something. Black people hair doesn't behave the way white people hair does.
Its a big enough issue that adoptive parents of black children need help figuring out how keep their kids from having ratty afro's all the time. There are even websites to help adoptive parents of black children:
http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-31-2018, 3:17 PM Reply   
Yes Black Lady's hair products are a BIG Deal. Chris Rock made a Movie all about it called "Good Hair" they were saying it's a 9 Billion dollar a year business.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QhOoanzh60