Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-21-2017, 7:22 AM Reply   
Just ordered a new 2017 22MXZ. They come with an igloo cooler that sits in a recessed opening under the seat. I want to replace the igloo with a Yeti. Can anyone give me the dimensions of cooler compartment or the size of the Igloo that is in the boat? Or the size of the Yeti that will fit the opening if there is one. I can call the boat dealer for the info but thought someone here may have had experience with this.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-21-2017, 7:36 AM Reply   
I have mine right beside me and it measures 14" x 14" x 24" I'm including the handles in the width. That makes for a tiny yeti. Also, my concern would be the lid opening. The igloo cooler has a much thinner lid and it doesn't open all the way when it is under the seat.

This kinda highlight my general issues with Yeti's. Too much cooler and not enough room for beer. They weigh twice as much and hold half as much. At my corner store ice is .99 for a 10lb bag, but if you fill up, they will let you use their ice machine to fill your cooler for free. The igloo in our boat will keep ice for a weekend trip. (it is slushy water by the end, but everything is still super cold.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-21-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesetter View Post
Just ordered a new 2017 22MXZ. They come with an igloo cooler that sits in a recessed opening under the seat. I want to replace the igloo with a Yeti. Can anyone give me the dimensions of cooler compartment or the size of the Igloo that is in the boat? Or the size of the Yeti that will fit the opening if there is one. I can call the boat dealer for the info but thought someone here may have had experience with this.
You should look into Cordova coolers. they have a cooler that fits perfectly into the MC 35/36qt all the way down to the handles in the ice chest compartments. The cooler is like $400 but it fits perfectly. I have seen them in the boat and they are branded with MC. They may make a generic cooler like that as well.

Or you could purchse the RTIC soft coolers, my 20 and 30 fit in the location of my igloo.

Just some thoughts.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-21-2017, 8:30 AM Reply   
Pics of the boat?
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-21-2017, 8:50 AM Reply   
If you need a Yeti hard cooler for your boat day trip, you're not drinking fast enough.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-21-2017, 12:35 PM Reply   
^^^^That guy gets it. The new MXZs are bad to the bone. Post some pics.
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-24-2017, 6:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
^^^^That guy gets it. The new MXZs are bad to the bone. Post some pics.
These are my build pics. Had to do the G4 Tower. I have a 13 22MXZ metallic red and black that is now for sale. I've had vapor blue and black, black and metallic silver. and another red and black so I was trying to do something different with the green. Thoughts on the colors?
Attached Images

Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-24-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
Oops! The boat I ordered is the first one. Has the green vinyl accents on the seats.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-24-2017, 7:13 AM Reply   
That is a bold looking boat. I like it.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-24-2017, 7:18 AM Reply   
Send me pick of the your 13 mxz. I know somebody looking for that exact boat. What engine is in it.
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-24-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
I'm having trouble attaching pics I will get them up as soon as I can. My red and black boat has 360 hours and has the 340HP Monsoon. It's in near perfect condition. It has four board racks and Rev 10's on the tower. Upgraded trailer with black Gear 18" rims with low profile tires. The trailer may have 1000 miles on it. The boat has been kept in a totally enclosed boat house. I had the windows tinted as well.
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       03-01-2017, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm having trouble attaching pics I will get them up as soon as I can. My red and black boat has 360 hours and has the 340HP Monsoon. It's in near perfect condition. It has four board racks and Rev 10's on the tower. Upgraded trailer with black Gear 18" rims with low profile tires. The trailer may have 1000 miles on it. The boat has been kept in a totally enclosed boat house. I had the windows tinted as well.
Where do you have it listed?
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       03-01-2017, 7:43 PM Reply   
Location and asking price?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-01-2017, 8:26 PM Reply   
My A24 came with a 36qt Igloo but a $20 48qt Coleman from Dicks Sporting Goods fits snug and a $1.50 16lb bag lasts all day and can just add a 10lb bag into next day in 95-98 degree Texas summer
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-02-2017, 4:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfBoard View Post
Location and asking price?

Lake Village (southeast) Arkansas. $79,000
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-02-2017, 4:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfBoard View Post
Where do you have it listed?

Boat Trader
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       03-03-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Boat Trader
Nice rig, but I'm sure you know that.

I have a lead on a local black/red Supra, same year, with low hours. Not your stereo system.