Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-18-2016, 1:13 PM Reply   
I'm going to plumb in some extra sacs, take my rear tanks out and replace with sacs in my 2004 SAN which has the aerator pumps with basically 0 PSI. I currently have cable actuated valves from Flow Rite which work OK, but tend to leak a bit so I was searching around to see if could find any other options. I did a search for gravity flow solenoid valves and came across this:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/996

The ports are 1/2" NPT so not ideal, but since my boat has scupper intakes that fill without pumps while driving, it might work out OK. I just ordered 1 valve to check it out as I couldn't find an answer on the web site as to how big of orifice it had for flow. Nice thing is 0 PSI required to operate so this could be useful to others regarding any ballast system plumbing.

Has anyone else tried these valves? I did a search of the site but didn't find anything.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-21-2016, 6:34 AM Reply   
You could also try this one. I bought one but have not tried it in the boat yet. I played with it on the bench and it seems to work well.

https://www.amazon.com/MISOL-motoriz...12v+ball+valve
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-21-2016, 6:57 AM Reply   
Neither of these valves showed ignition protection in their data sheets. Please be careful where you install stuff. If its in the engine bay it must be ignition protected.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-21-2016, 12:56 PM Reply   
good catch 'killer.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-22-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
The solenoid valve wouldn't have any means of creating a spark except for the field wiring terminals. Which on any given factory boat is just butt splices.
Now the one I posted is just an IP65 enclosure so you would not want it mounted anywhere that you may have standing water and make sure that you use the correct conduit fittings and you would be ok.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-18-2016, 3:44 PM Reply   
Wow Jim I can't believe your flow rite valves still work? I'd switch the fill aerators to impeller pumps, pull the valves, and be done with it. I did mine 8 years ago and they have been performing flawlessly ever since.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-18-2016, 3:47 PM Reply   
Btw, I believe the scupper through hulls are 3/4" and the flow rites are 1/2". All of the factory hoses are 3/4". If you need more hose I have some in my shed for you. I live in Danville and work in Sacramento, you choose where to pick up. Freebie!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
https://www.amazon.com/Irritrol-700B.../dp/B0052D3LUG

This is the one a lot of supra guy's use.
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
That is 3/4" size
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-19-2016, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for this valve info, the specs mention 24 VAC for the solenoid, so not sure how guys are using them with 12 VDC? Maybe there's another option for the solenoid I missed.
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-19-2016, 12:32 PM Reply   
By the way, the 12 VDC solenoid valve is a spare if anyone is interested in buying it?
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-03-2017, 11:08 AM Reply   
FYI if anyone is interested in some rear tanks, flat not wedge style, I have the two removed from my 2004 SAN.