Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-27-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
I've never understood the go in circles thing. We try to hold a straight run for the rider no matter what we're towing. Double up sure. But no circles.
It comes as a surprise to no one that your head is so far up your ass that you literally can't comprehend that there are people that do retarded **** (unknowingly maybe) and that is literally all most of us are complaining about here. You may have a poor attitude, but your most likely not the person we are complaining about on here, even if you surf all the time.

THEY LITERALLY GO IN CIRCLES. Yea, we are just as amazed by it as you are.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-27-2016, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
It comes as a surprise to no one that your head is so far up your ass that you literally can't comprehend that there are people that do retarded **** (unknowingly maybe) and that is literally all most of us are complaining about here. You may have a poor attitude, but your most likely not the person we are complaining about on here, even if you surf all the time.

THEY LITERALLY GO IN CIRCLES. Yea, we are just as amazed by it as you are.
My head is up my ass? Hmmm.... I'm not the one incessantly whining on a forum. We went from surf wakes are big and scary and you're not a hater to saying you hate wake surfers blah, blah blah. Then it escalated to trying to crash and kill you. DRAMA QUEEN!!!

People do dumb sh*t. Thats life. Put yourself in the best position to not have to deal with them. Whining and crying doesn't solve anything. No participation trophys on the lake.

From your posts it seems like every one around you is having fun except you. Did you ever consider maybe you are the problem....
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-27-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
My head is up my ass? Hmmm.... I'm not the one incessantly whining on a forum. We went from surf wakes are big and scary and you're not a hater to saying you hate wake surfers blah, blah blah. Then it escalated to trying to crash and kill you. DRAMA QUEEN!!!

People do dumb sh*t. Thats life. Put yourself in the best position to not have to deal with them. Whining and crying doesn't solve anything. No participation trophys on the lake.

From your posts it seems like every one around you is having fun except you. Did you ever consider maybe you are the problem....
I literally have no idea what your talking about. I never said I hate wake surfers. The entire thread I have made clear that I enjoy surfing as well and that my only issue is with unsafe/bad etiquette drivers.

You said "Put yourself in the best position to not have to deal with them. "

Not my fault you can't read. That is literally my prevailing question this entire thread. Nothing more, nothing less. Hearing other peoples 'best position to not have to deal with them'. I enjoy hearing advice and I enjoy giving advice. Whether it is how to do X trick, what board is best, or best way to prevent X. If you don't, then I don't know why your here?

We have a blast on the lake. whether it's boarding, surfing, swimming, or just laying out in the sun. I'm done with this pissing match. I have made my point very clear. I also got yours. No need to reply.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-28-2016, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
I literally have no idea what your talking about. I never said I hate wake surfers. The entire thread I have made clear that I enjoy surfing as well and that my only issue is with unsafe/bad etiquette drivers.

You said "Put yourself in the best position to not have to deal with them. "

Not my fault you can't read. That is literally my prevailing question this entire thread. Nothing more, nothing less. Hearing other peoples 'best position to not have to deal with them'. I enjoy hearing advice and I enjoy giving advice. Whether it is how to do X trick, what board is best, or best way to prevent X. If you don't, then I don't know why your here?

We have a blast on the lake. whether it's boarding, surfing, swimming, or just laying out in the sun. I'm done with this pissing match. I have made my point very clear. I also got yours. No need to reply.
Aaaaaand cut!!! The drama queen has left the building, people! Good night! Drive safely.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-28-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   

Last edited by timelinex; 09-28-2016 at 9:00 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-29-2016, 12:51 AM Reply   
Where is the dead horse icon when you need it??? We need to talk to Dave about this.....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-29-2016, 8:50 AM Reply   

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2016, 10:17 AM Reply   
Sorry but the name on the side of the boat made me think of this Thread
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2016, 10:19 AM Reply   
Imagine this thing passing you at 150 MPH
Attached Images

Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-02-2016, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Imagine this thing passing you at 150 MPH
Hows the surf wave on that bad boy??
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-04-2016, 1:00 PM Reply   
At speed, wouldn't leave much more than a ripple.

I'm more interested in how a direct drive boat with a rudder going 150 (or more) handles. Unique configuration, especially on an MTI cat. Bet docking it is fun, although with 2 drives likely easier than a towboat. Wonder how they did, finals race was this past weekend.

Additionally, i was curious who Wafe Effects is and why they've spent that kinda money marketing a website that sells apparel and wake gear. Interesting way to market a niche website to say the least.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-05-2016, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
At speed, wouldn't leave much more than a ripple.

I'm more interested in how a direct drive boat with a rudder going 150 (or more) handles. Unique configuration, especially on an MTI cat. Bet docking it is fun, although with 2 drives likely easier than a towboat. Wonder how they did, finals race was this past weekend.

Additionally, i was curious who Wafe Effects is and why they've spent that kinda money marketing a website that sells apparel and wake gear. Interesting way to market a niche website to say the least.
So the surf wave would be good at speed turning in a big circle, or no? With its size and numerous skulls, it looks like it should make a real good surf wave.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-06-2016, 7:48 AM Reply   
Ok let me start this off by saying that we are not surfers at all. With that said the other day we were out and the crew was beat from boarding all afternoon so we grabbed the surfboard. The river was glass but I thought we on the water (only trailer at the landing) My buddy was surfing and as we rounded the bend I clearly saw a guy barefooting right at us. There was absolutely nothing we could do and the footer had to drop, I felt terrible. So bad in fact I went an apologized to the guy after the fact. He kind of understood but still gave me that FU look, I pretty much lost all respect for that guy, who I see out on a regular basis. It's clearly a no win situation.

Surfing should be banned lol!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-06-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
If you went out and apologized to the guy (classy move btw) and he was still a dick to you, well than he is just a dick.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-06-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
^pretty much. Trust me it was hard not ride on water like this but the body was just shot.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2016, 12:32 PM Reply   
^^^ I surf on water like that all the time. Why would you appologize? Does the barefooter own the river? Do you stop and appologize to all the fishermen you pass too? What if you were in a big fancy yacht? Would you have to park it and get off the water for him? If it's a river, the current erases the rollers pretty quickly anyway (they go away much quicker if you surf with the current). He's also traveling a lot faster than you too so he can just go up or down river in no time for some butter. You stay in one section and he stays in another. That's easy to work out on a river. Good on you though for at least approaching the guy and making an effort to coexist.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-06-2016, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
^^^ I surf on water like that all the time. Why would you appologize? Does the barefooter own the river? Do you stop and appologize to all the fishermen you pass too? What if you were in a big fancy yacht? Would you have to park it and get off the water for him? If it's a river, the current erases the rollers pretty quickly anyway (they go away much quicker if you surf with the current). He's also traveling a lot faster than you too so he can just go up or down river in no time for some butter. You stay in one section and he stays in another. That's easy to work out on a river. Good on you though for at least approaching the guy and making an effort to coexist.
I apologized because the guy was in a 190 MC and they were going to get rocked by our wake. I apologized because I barefoot too and I know the effort it takes to do it, not to mention 40mph and smooth water are pretty much a must. This section of river is only 5 miles long and between closed locks so there are no big yachts rolling through and fortunately this stretch of river hardly gets fished so other than the rare pontoon it is watersports only. I wanted them to be aware that I was aware of what happened. We are pretty much a mainstay on the river I'd like to keep it that way. I guess I was just trying to avoid being one of those "ignorant surfers"