Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-09-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
I have a 07 SSV and my trim tabs ( wakeplate) stopped working. I can hear the hydraulic pump working but the plate is not moving, neither is the gauge. I’ve had the breaker on the plate pop a few times but once I reset it everything worked fine. Anyone have any ideas? There is fluid in the reservoir. I really don’t; want to take the boat back in to the shop. It’s been in various shops for the last 8-10 weeks.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
Various shops for 8-10 weeks? dang! What's the story?

On my 04 the plate stopped working but it was a failed pump, can't help with the new one...sorry.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-09-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Assist the plate by hand, and cycle it all the way up and down. They get air bubbles. Check your fluid and make sure it is full.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-09-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
NAW...stereo issues ( it was at my dealer and two different audio shops). Boat runs great.

Steve, fluid is full. I'll try cycling it all the way up and down by hand.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-09-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
You have to assist. Operate the pump while giving it a little help. I have to do this with mine if it sits a long time.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-09-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
My 07 has had 2 similar episodes and both were a matter of recalibrating the wakeplate. This is done by going to setup. You can do it on or off the water. It requires about 6 steps so dont freak out if you dont get it done on firt attempt. But I bet it will fix it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
Chris, who gave you the instructions on re-calibrating?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
Tried to copy & paste the instructions - getting garbage so go to page 38 of owners manual

here is the link to the whole thing you just need to print page 38

http://www.supraboats.com/library/downloads/SupraOwners_2007.pdf
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Chris, that is for re-calibrating the guage. My plate is not moving. I'll try asssisting it by hand to see if I can get it to move. My guage as far as I know works fine.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yes thats right Adam. Same exact problem I have had twice. Think of it this way the computer cannot tell if the wakeplate is up or down therefore it wont move. Or to put it another way if I unplugged your throttle position sensor on your engine it wont run.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-11-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Never thought of it that way. I'll give it a shot this weekend and see if it fixes it, thanks for the advice.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
any luck adam? i have not experienced it..